Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I am concerned that gold loot may be crushing the game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Red/green arlor vanities went up like 3x as well as northal/cryo vanities and plat vanities like desert assassin and weapon vanities. Doubt plat farmers hoarded them.
    Again look up red/green arlor went up after the massive band.Northal weapons are the same as always.Desert assassin was a plat purchased item from an event which means people will hoard them because 5-7 moths later they will be rareesh look at karmpus at the start of the year it was 200k now it is +-300-400k because people bought some for the ap, and some new player bought them to have a snazy pet,its also a good pet for farming events on a twink
    Edit: fix double quote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Again look up red/green arlor went up after the massive band.Northal weapons are the same as always.Desert assassin was a plat purchased item from an event which means people will hoard them because 5-7 moths later they will be rareesh look at karmpus at the start of the year it was 200k now it is +-300-400k because people bought some for the ap, and some new player bought them to have a snazy pet,its also a good pet for farming events on a twink
    Edit: fix double quote
    Interesting thing is that the same thing happened to vanities/collectibles when we had inflation similar to this in the past. While I'm not discounting your reasoning on these items going up in price, but they're valid points, it's hard for player who've witnessed this cycle before to not see the parallels between them and now. Also, with cryo vanity weps, they've essentially doubled in price but the thing is, this items are still craftable are they not? I still have recipes to make this items in my inventory so correct me if I'm wrong there? Why would something that's still able to be supplied through farming keep rising in price so much, while it could be much higher demand than there was a few months ago, wouldn't it have made sense for more people to have wanted these items when they were cheap? Or maybe they just didn't have all that sweet sweet GL money?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Interesting thing is that the same thing happened to vanities/collectibles when we had inflation similar to this in the past. While I'm not discounting your reasoning on these items going up in price, but they're valid points, it's hard for player who've witnessed this cycle before to not see the parallels between them and now. Also, with cryo vanity weps, they've essentially doubled in price but the thing is, this items are still craftable are they not? I still have recipes to make this items in my inventory so correct me if I'm wrong there? Why would something that's still able to be supplied through farming keep rising in price so much, while it could be much higher demand than there was a few months ago, wouldn't it have made sense for more people to have wanted these items when they were cheap? Or maybe they just didn't have all that sweet sweet GL money?
    And the reason you do not craft it is?The ingreadins for the vanity are hard to gather up and take a while to gathere up a real long while .So who is farming the vanity's? Go do some random elite cryo runs people running there do not run to craft the vanity but purely for the sweat gold elite jadus drop.Crystore that comes after it,drops elite crystor chest which are 30k+.Talking about the vanity my friend (Ign:Fri) bought one yesterday but it was not with pure gold he traded with items,PM him and ask how hard it was to find a seller because a hand full of people owns it.
    #BlueLivesMater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    And the reason you do not craft it is?The ingreadins for the vanity are hard to gather up and take a while to gathere up a real long while .So who is farming the vanity's? Go do some random elite cryo runs people running there do not run to craft the vanity but purely for the sweat gold elite jadus drop.Crystore that comes after it,drops elite crystor chest which are 30k+.Talking about the vanity my friend (Ign:Fri) bought one yesterday but it was not with pure gold he traded with items,PM him and ask how hard it was to find a seller because a hand full of people owns it.
    I've crafted the daggers and currently own the bow, that's hardly my point here though. Why would I work hard if I can 'make' the gold to buy one after a few days of farming though?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯