Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I am concerned that gold loot may be crushing the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Unlucky....

But really... I am so sorry, let me just throw away my chances of a Law degree so I can spend more time farming some pixels to make you happy. It may only cost me thousands in real life but at least I can be rich in-game. <3

I am sorry having a life and commitments is considered lazy these days..
    I have two jobs and two kids yet I'm at 390K points and make a MIL+ daily ... you are lazy and you're trying to kill one of the best parts of the game which you lack actual knowledge of...as I've stated at 140% I'm making 300-600K more daily ....if I farm hard ...this isn't breaking anything ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Gold loot is not effecting the economy name any item you think effected by this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Gold loot is not effecting the economy name any item you think effected by this
    Do you understand how inflation/hyperinflation work? ....
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    Do you understand how inflation/hyperinflation work? ....
    Like I said name any item I'll be able to example it to why its value went up or down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Like I said name any item I'll be able to example it to why its value went up or down
    Locked crates, awakening kits, pets in general, belts, vanities, collectible items, arcanes/myths, housing junk, maybe elixirs (I'd have to check on this one since I haven't bought these in ages). Need I say more?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Locked crates, awakening kits, pets in general, belts, vanities, collectible items, arcanes/myths, housing junk, maybe elixirs (I'd have to check on this one since I haven't bought these in ages). Need I say more?
    1:lock's due to how rare they are currently and the fact of heroics
    2: awaking gems: belt's and artifacts got an awaking option so people needs a lot of gems also rings will also get awaking now
    3:pets have been stable I have bee merching with them since November Nekros price went up due to rare vials drop
    4:Belts Due to them getting the ability to get awakenings
    5:Some mythics/arcanes has gone up in price due to there procs for farming reason's. Ect. Dragon staff,glint agits,flameforg staff,dragon blades.
    6:Don't lie housing stuff are stable if it is a tavern your revering to,it's due to the fact that you get more value buying and selling awaking kits then tavern's thus making the stock low
    7:vanity's the mas band caused a huge los of vanity's. Meaning that they gain more value.Only vanity's like LB and alors where effected the red are all the same
    8:collectibles: ofc there price will go up they are rare.Colectors hunt for rare items
    ..... Anything else...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

1:lock's due to how rare they are currently and the fact of heroics
    2: awaking gems: belt's and artifacts got an awaking option so people needs a lot of gems also rings will also get awaking now
    3ets have been stable I have bee merching with them since November Nekros price went up due to rare vials drop
    4:Belts Due to them getting the ability to get awakenings
    5:Some mythics/arcanes has gone up in price due to there procs for farming reason's. Ect. Dragon staff,glint agits,flameforg staff,dragon blades.
    6on't lie housing stuff are stable if it is a tavern your revering to,it's due to the fact that you get more value buying and selling awaking kits then tavern's thus making the stock low
    7:vanity's the mas band caused a huge los of vanity's. Meaning that they gain more value.Only vanity's like LB and alors where effected the red are all the same
    8:collectibles: ofc there price will go up they are rare.Colectors hunt for rare items
    ..... Anything else...

So, you won't deny that these items have increased in price? Because that's my point friendo, more gold in the economy means that the economy can handle greater prices on items since more people can afford them due to the fact that they now in turn have more money to afford said items with. If the players couldn't afford these items the prices would drop, but they don't, they continue to rise with the gold incoming into the economy via gold loot. Gold inflation in AL has happened before (around the 41 cap) and it took the economy ages to come back from that through the use of gold sinks and banning plat farmers. The problem in this case is that the gold isn't coming into AL through shady means now, it's coming in by way of hardworking farmers, which while I think that's great, it still doesn't stop us from running into the problem of inflation in the end.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

So, you won't deny that these items have increased in price? Because that's my point friendo, more gold in the economy means that the economy can handle greater prices on items since more people can afford them due to the fact that they now in turn have more money to afford said items with. If the players couldn't afford these items the prices would drop, but they don't, they continue to rise with the gold incoming into the economy via gold loot. Gold inflation in AL has happened before (around the 41 cap) and it took the economy ages to come back from that through the use of gold sinks and banning plat farmers. The problem in this case is that the gold isn't coming into AL through shady means now, it's coming in by way of hardworking farmers, which while I think that's great, it still doesn't stop us from running into the problem of inflation in the end.
    I am taking it that I wasted my last 10 mini trying to explain to you why these items went up in value did you not get the point of the post at all....I gave you a clear reason why there prices went up and it was not due to gold loot sigh

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

true story.. more gold more people against ToS to selling gold (fact), lets see... yesterday, now or in future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I am taking it that I wasted my last 10 mini trying to explain to you why these items went up in value did you not get the point of the post at all....I gave you a clear reason why there prices went up and it was not due to gold loot sigh
    Red/green arlor vanities went up like 3x as well as northal/cryo vanities and plat vanities like desert assassin and weapon vanities. Doubt plat farmers hoarded them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Red/green arlor vanities went up like 3x as well as northal/cryo vanities and plat vanities like desert assassin and weapon vanities. Doubt plat farmers hoarded them.
    Again look up red/green arlor went up after the massive band.Northal weapons are the same as always.Desert assassin was a plat purchased item from an event which means people will hoard them because 5-7 moths later they will be rareesh look at karmpus at the start of the year it was 200k now it is +-300-400k because people bought some for the ap, and some new player bought them to have a snazy pet,its also a good pet for farming events on a twink
    Edit: fix double quote

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Again look up red/green arlor went up after the massive band.Northal weapons are the same as always.Desert assassin was a plat purchased item from an event which means people will hoard them because 5-7 moths later they will be rareesh look at karmpus at the start of the year it was 200k now it is +-300-400k because people bought some for the ap, and some new player bought them to have a snazy pet,its also a good pet for farming events on a twink
    Edit: fix double quote
    Interesting thing is that the same thing happened to vanities/collectibles when we had inflation similar to this in the past. While I'm not discounting your reasoning on these items going up in price, but they're valid points, it's hard for player who've witnessed this cycle before to not see the parallels between them and now. Also, with cryo vanity weps, they've essentially doubled in price but the thing is, this items are still craftable are they not? I still have recipes to make this items in my inventory so correct me if I'm wrong there? Why would something that's still able to be supplied through farming keep rising in price so much, while it could be much higher demand than there was a few months ago, wouldn't it have made sense for more people to have wanted these items when they were cheap? Or maybe they just didn't have all that sweet sweet GL money?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Interesting thing is that the same thing happened to vanities/collectibles when we had inflation similar to this in the past. While I'm not discounting your reasoning on these items going up in price, but they're valid points, it's hard for player who've witnessed this cycle before to not see the parallels between them and now. Also, with cryo vanity weps, they've essentially doubled in price but the thing is, this items are still craftable are they not? I still have recipes to make this items in my inventory so correct me if I'm wrong there? Why would something that's still able to be supplied through farming keep rising in price so much, while it could be much higher demand than there was a few months ago, wouldn't it have made sense for more people to have wanted these items when they were cheap? Or maybe they just didn't have all that sweet sweet GL money?
    And the reason you do not craft it is?The ingreadins for the vanity are hard to gather up and take a while to gathere up a real long while .So who is farming the vanity's? Go do some random elite cryo runs people running there do not run to craft the vanity but purely for the sweat gold elite jadus drop.Crystore that comes after it,drops elite crystor chest which are 30k+.Talking about the vanity my friend (Ign:Fri) bought one yesterday but it was not with pure gold he traded with items,PM him and ask how hard it was to find a seller because a hand full of people owns it.
    #BlueLivesMater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

He literally told you why those items price are increasing ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

And the reason you do not craft it is?The ingreadins for the vanity are hard to gather up and take a while to gathere up a real long while .So who is farming the vanity's? Go do some random elite cryo runs people running there do not run to craft the vanity but purely for the sweat gold elite jadus drop.Crystore that comes after it,drops elite crystor chest which are 30k+.Talking about the vanity my friend (Ign:Fri) bought one yesterday but it was not with pure gold he traded with items,PM him and ask how hard it was to find a seller because a hand full of people owns it.
    I've crafted the daggers and currently own the bow, that's hardly my point here though. Why would I work hard if I can 'make' the gold to buy one after a few days of farming though?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Not all can afford for gl )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Unlucky....

But really... I am so sorry, let me just throw away my chances of a Law degree so I can spend more time farming some pixels to make you happy. It may only cost me thousands in real life but at least I can be rich in-game. <3

I am sorry having a life and commitments is considered lazy these days..
    totally agree with this, not everyone can be a nolifer and even then if I played all day I don't wanna run the same map over and over and over just to unlock another map, thats a chore not a game. I just came back recently and since new expansion is coming @STS can we atleast have some kind of catchup via tokens or gold or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    Im sorry but farming endlessly for JUST gold drops is the worst focus of a mmorpg.

If we dont see a steady flow of items in certain tiers of rarity then this is going to get crazy out of control.

More gold looted means your gold devalues (i.e. 50m gold pets when they truly are not worth that.

If the plan is to basically lift the average earning of people across the board then sts you need to focus on others too, not just those who can access higher rated dungeons.

We went from high grade end game people farming crates all day for meager wages earning 1/8 of what is possible now, to people farming millions and millions a week.

Now you got the new guys coming in with ZERO chance to even care about the game because they have no opportunity to earn gold beyond. Insignificant drops( and compare that to end game guy...). People expect little guy to have fun and decide to cap??? I truly hope sts has this worked out already but im thinking gold loot is the laziest addition to a game(i play games to farm rare items or what have you, not to walk around and have my pet pick up gold).

Implement a system that eats our gold ( upgradable item that will eat jewels, eggs, gold in exchange for a multitude of possibilities).

Something needs to drain gold reserves or we will be paying absolutely massive amounts of gold for our items and be forced to use GL to keep up.

Not Cool Sirs and Madams...

Thank you for your time gang,

Ign: Archonmage

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I've crafted the daggers and currently own the bow, that's hardly my point here though. Why would I work hard if I can 'make' the gold to buy one after a few days of farming though?
    The bow if I rember right was 3 mil in auc.......let's do the math first you'll need to farm gold up for a 100% gl wrap which is 700k +- next farm SG
    1sg run with 100% can give between 500g and 5k if your lucky
    On avg you get 2k per run or let's who with 3k so that staf cost around 5-6 mil let's work on 5 mil 5mil 3k =1666runs...if you get 3k every run I get a random 500- 900g ever 3 runs.In maus it takes time to grind to be able to run ms 5 and 6.The reward for the grinding is the drops it offer but you still have to calculate in the time it will take to reach it also the amount of gold needed if your a mage to buy dragon staff.. So yea GL farming that thumbs up .And if you can afford that 200%GL set we'll then why do you even need gold.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

You wont see the majority of the problems with this right away, slow killer

I can absolutely tell you if you think gold loot wont change the economy and cause inflation your sooo wrong(unless it is countered with gold sink or the like). truly look at what is actually happening:

People are farming MILLIONS OF NEW GOLD PIECES EACH DAY. Where does it go? Well we have our minor gold sinks that were created to counter gameplay WITHOUT any gold loot being thought of at the time ( Safe Assumption?)

Adding gold loot after gold loot bonuses that only the upper echelon of players can benifit fully from is a good thing for the game?how pls?

We are not talking " just 2x gold influx" from the awakening system, its out of control. These massive bonuses to gl should have been focused on Loower Levels only and gave end gamers items and such to farm. Do people realize that gold loot is or will double triple or quadruple the total amount of gold coming into AL?? Where do you all think its going and how can you not expect this to shake the economy? We are using outdated gold sinks with updated gold farming equip.

Look at the posts, one side verses the other , gl bad and gl good. Now look at the motive of these posts. Who seems to have valid points and concerns and who seems to only care about themselves? I care about AL cause sts has provided me with COUNTLESS hours of fun and many friends from all over. Just cause your bank of gold is nice to look at, there is always someone more well off than you, and when the time comes for new items and such to hit the streets it really wont be any different than if gold loot wasnt created as the price will be insane and your piggy banks will be jingleing again. Its going to create monopolies.

Only time will tell wut stg has up their sleeves but as of now im sticking to aps and helping others less fortunate lvl,quests, aps ect.

Thats whats good for the game and rewarding to me.

My posts are erratic, forgive me and thanks Y'all for your time.

Ign: Archonmage

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post: