Thread: A little PvP damage riddle that came with no level restriction!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Red face A little PvP damage riddle that came with no level restriction!!!

I love to tell story, so here's one -

Back then just when the level cap update arrived with no level restriction, I was in a pvp arena, and wondered that pvp is one hit kill now, someone asked and I said age of one hits then the game ended, new game started, then that same person asked me, look why it's NOT one hit NOW? both the fighters were same previous and current game, instantly everything got cleared to me, and I laughed.

The fact that different level has different GLOBAL damage output reduction, and then was changed multiple times, here's A HINT what it could be -
    + Reduced PvP damage output by 20% for Levels 61-70, 40% for Levels 71 and up.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pdate-(221783)

So what happens if you join/host a high level game [ that mean you are high level and u hosted one] OR any level game that was merged to high level game, everyone's damage output will be less BUT what's what we high levels are used to see.

But if we join/host a low level game OR any high level game was merged to low level game, everyone's damage output will be higher than what we used to see.

I'll provide an example here, COMPLETELY imaginary data, nothing to do with reality, just for the understanding purpose -

Let's say two opponent fighting always with same gear, but in different level games. Someone do 1000 damage on any particular hit/skill, but due to global damage reduction (60% for high level) his final damage is 400, but he would do 500 damage at mid level where global damage reduction is 50% and at low level he would do 600 damage [considering dmg reduction is 40% at low level] for that same particular skill with same gear.

In reality, it's more severe than that, I've noticed if ur L85 and ur in a low level game, you can one hit kill same level non tanky class, and for L100 you can very few hit kill other L100 in low level game.

This is not a solution thread, the purpose is to describe the phenomenon also specially because some wanted to understand it, probably next time you can be prepared when you noticed you got merged into another level game while fighting, Or you can prepare yourself for different level games.

Ah when I started I thought, I'll end up the thread by saying "different level has different global damage reduction" then it kept growing!!! in before it grow more, the end.
    Last edited by Waug; 06-09-2017 at 08:41 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Very true once you hit low level game easy to die but when i was hosting and playing 100's seemed fair all around

ELITE