Thread: Positive feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Default Positive feedback

These threads about how the game is dieing and getting ruined are only how a small portion of players feel. I will give my opinion of the game now.

This last expansion was my favorite. Yes the grind could get tedious but if you stuck with it at the end you where successful. I personally prefer knowing I would reach or achieve a goal by putting the work in. Depending on luck and rng just hurts. I lost count of the number of runs I made for anti gnome and banished pieces. If I knew I would loot them eventually I will stick with it. If you grind though to m6 you will at least make gold and be able to buy things. Also because it took so long to reach the end this update lasted a long time. People would be complaining again if you could blast through it in a month and have nothing to achieve.

Gold loot hasn't killed the economy yet. Prices have actually gone down on most items (jewels,locked crates, fangs,dragon teeth, all the sacks of coins, elixirs, crafting ingredients, legendary end game gear, etc). As always the most popular and powerful items are expensive. Talk to people that spent 100m on sns or nekro. More recently I remember when mythic glintstone gear was 10m. Also, my level 11 twink mage with no gold loot made 100k just running maps and selling a common artifact that he looted. He has the legendary gear you get free from leveling.

I enjoy the game and friends I've made while playing. Can't wait to see what the next expansion has to offer.
    Last edited by capeo; 06-10-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: A bit more clarity

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default I agree

I agree too this expansion was fun but boring as well because you are repeating the maps too many times

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Talk to people that spent 100m
    Now there's an artifact which is 100m+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Very true i did bo participate this time on the endgame fun but i heard the gold farming was not bad. I just hope the expansion is just as good loot wise. Im hoping to participate on the edgame fun huhu! About the economy thing, i think its not that bad at all! Back then plat would be used to buy luck elixer but now u can get awaken gems for less and make more gold. Just inflation effect not bad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redjellydonut For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

If you play since 2013/2014 you will see what's different. At 2014-2015 a lot of peoples active, have you ever seen CTF map active nowadays? Arlor was my best place to spend my day, but now I live in Alderstone that has more peoples around.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Now i live in prontera...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Froze.Exe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froze.Exe View Post
    Now i live in prontera...
    People still play Ragnarok?

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Noobs who started to playing this game this year wont know how the game was before. You know nothing and dont talk. Most of the members think like me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I'm still playing. There's something about AL that keeps bringing me back.
    Right now I'm doing little, but found a bit of joy in collecting story tokens (I've got about 400x10 total!), and wish I could cap my toons faster, although I doubt a lot of other people would be as interested in a x2 story tokens event.
    I'm even sorry I have to spend some to give two new toons extra slots.

I'm content with my situation, although I need to work on spending more. I've sold most of my gear and am pretty much just using legendary items, since I don't run hard maps.
    I feel guilty for running with my Gun of Poise and my lvl 41 dex egg ring (I'm a mage), but hey, it was unfortunate gold loot decided it wanted to be there. Luckily I'm not running any map that requires OP stats.

Recently I found my Hexstone again, which I had kept for my name's sake (who would have known an epic proc with my name would have been released?). I'm leveling a mage that's using it.
    Too bad my name's not "Wildfire" exactly, but it can't be helped, I only joined in 2015.

I've also seen the player with my dream name in the first page of AL New Players. I'm not sure whether I was more pleased "Ark" was a veteran, or more envious of his IGN. Or of the fact that he's called "Ark" in all STS games (damn!). Either way it was a pleasant surprise to find he had a certain degree of activity in the forums, as well.

I'm leveling a mage for jewel farming, because damn I hate spec'ing full strength on my main toon. Luckily it doesn't take too much commitment to run the exp dailies. He's lvl 52. I hope it's worth it. Just need a few more to be full superb. It's surprising, I didn't farm lots. I still suck compared to the other guys, who claim to be able to make an excellent (or more) jewel per elixir. I can only get about 1/2 or 2/3 of an excellent. Still, I'm happy enough.

I've started growing for vanities. I've got only a few expensive-ish ones, but I managed to get the Elon and Frost Bows when they were less than 1mil. Man, they're a beauty! They're kinda hanging uselessly on some rogue toons I never use but oh well. I made two more rogues I have yet to clothe. Maybe the next events will help me .
    I've been longing for the Ice Spirit vanity for quite a while, and let's say that i'm not quite able to afford it ; but I made peace with my mind with the Cinder vanity, which is somewhat of a firey counterpart. It still is one of my favorite vanities.
    I've been eyeing the Scorpion back vanity. Something about it really attracts me. I wish I'd bought that 160k one that was listed a few weeks ago, but I'll see how it goes. Its pice has been at a steady 270-300k, I hope I can snatch one eventually. I really need to learn to spend more.

My plat free offers have been going okay. I've increased the amount of plat spent, went from 350 saved up to a measly 91. A huge bulk I spent on renaming and crate keys. I wish I'd saved more.
    I'm thinking of eventually buying some in the future.
    TapJoy has given me a few frustrations, Fyber I love. Even its support actually awarded me the missing plat! Surprising, really.

I also spent 50 plat on a guild hall for a guild that gathers my alts. A pointless guild, given how my alts get more than enough potions in between events from the very kind Klaas and Shazbot. But I honestly like its name and am glad I can change its MOTD with song lyrics every once in a while.

I've met a newbie with a cool name, he seems to have quit (hasn't leveled in a couple days; he's lvl 15) which is a shame, but if he comes back I think he'd be happy with a few extra friend requests. His IGN is Notsadanymore. I think it takes little to make someone enjoy a game, they just need some contact with the other players. The endgamers tend not to talk to the newbies, I don't do that much either, but if they can just run with other people and make a lot of friends, maybe joining a guild, they would absolutely love AL.

I'm sorry I'm just listing pointless, small things, I'm just a quiet invisible AL player. I'm not gaining 1mil a day (maybe 20k, yeah? Hopefully more when I'll jewel farm every once in a while with my new mage), but I feel fine. Probably because I've got a little savings in my stash. I feel quite secure and am looking forward to see what's coming next. Even if there's nothing on the horizon, I think I'll keep going on in my little endeavors. My experience with this game has been very positive, explosive addicting positive in the past, calmer now, but still very positive.

I'm also happy with the devs' concern and occasional reassurance (say, in the gold loot discussion), and how they're always working hard on the game. Especially the ones working in the back. I haven't seen many people appreciate (actually, I haven't said anything either ), for instance, there's Lojack in the AL Technical Issues and Bugs section. I had no idea who he was, but he's there, helping with our issues. I bet there's a lot of other people working for AL, loving the game, checking the forums every once in a while to see what's up.

I don't know if the game is dying, I don't feel like it's any less populated than before (I don't pvp), but I keep going. Even if I may take a few month-long break.
    Hopefully I'll always come back.
    Last edited by Vvildfire; 06-10-2017 at 07:11 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vvildfire For This Useful Post: