Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For you oldies out there: all-time best pvpers!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCat View Post

Mage: I was honestly shocked Nobounds aka Flawless didn't make the list. This guy understood game mechanics and would tank his way to victory. He was another player I always feared when vs him; Absolutely domination. Nun was another skillful mage that was awesome at maging. There's being good and then there's being skillful. Would have to agree with Shiloo being one of the great mages that are still out there. I learned my mage from him. I need more training John, should log back more often noob. I miss ya!

yours truly Multibird
    It was tough putting together the list, love hearing the responses

Yeah, I was actually contemplating putting Nobounds on the list. He, too, was part of that original 5v5 CTF match (Unity vs Rev). Definitely ranks high among mages, but my only issue is that I just never really saw him play a whole ton compared to some other guys. Nor would would we ever play on the same team, so I couldn't have accurately evaluated his skill. Nonetheless, I still agree with you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCat View Post
    There's different skills involved in both variations of the game. For ex. Kanital might be a great bird in your books, but that's not the same for me. What I know him for is what you call teaming. 3v1 or 2v1 and even then he needs to tree. He's never been good 1v1, well against me or a few other birds I've witnessed.
    I strongly disagree. Just because you have bad memories of playing with Kanital (teaming) doesn't mean that he's not a great bird. He was on top of his game during caps where skill mattered more than luck. Kanital was one of the best xbow players/kiters that I've seen in the game even to this day. He really thrived off of his knowledge of range. You may say that "Kanital is not a good 1v1 player," but there's a reason why he went so far in 1v1 bird tournaments. And of course, one of the best duos that I've seen with such great chemistry was Kanital alongside Kellylita/Imkelly. Both great ranged players.

If you were to reasonably take away any of the birds on the list, it should be Skimmey in my opinion simply because he did absolutely nothing after GCD. He didn't like the new system, so he renamed to Freeusfromgcd, hopped on for a few games here or there (and was really below average because he wasn't used to it) and then just quit the game out of frustration. You can't tell who multi-touched before GCD was implemented and the fact that he quit the game shortly after is a really good indication that he did. Other 'powerhouses' of the 56 cap like Xrax and HmmHmm definitely deserve to be ranked over him in my opinion because they never lost a step even after GCD was implemented.

As for your other opinions, they're fair assessments. I would most likely put Nun on a top 10 list. The thing with Nobounds is that he was really great at one cap (76) and okay at other caps. And of course, he was great when pallies were one of the best types of classes in the game at 76 which kind of raises questions over where he should be placed. In the caps before that, he kept switching between dex, int, and str and never really mastered one. I would put Alwaysdtf/Absolutepally above him as a pally simply because Dtf never switched from being a pally. He was a pally for as long as I've known him in the game and was never bad at it, even when int or dex mages were clearly superior options. He's even made it to the finals of a 1v1 tournament when the game was filled with int mages at the 66 cap (and probably should have won, due to the buff glitch).

Some players that perhaps deserve a spot on an all time list:
    Nun
    Crash
    Nobounds
    Papapat (one bear I really think should be on the list compared to some of those bears)
    Ace
    Ice
    Xrax
    Hmmhmm
    Zo
    Azi
    Alvin
    Flacs
    Haha's bear
    Edensfury

Just off the top of my head. Most definitely forgetting some people.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 06-27-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I strongly disagree. Just because you have bad memories of playing with Kanital (teaming) doesn't mean that he's not a great bird. He was on top of his game during caps where skill mattered more than luck. Kanital was one of the best xbow players/kiters that I've seen in the game even to this day. He really thrived off of his knowledge of range. You may say that "Kanital is not a good 1v1 player," but there's a reason why he went so far in 1v1 bird tournaments.

If you were to reasonably take away any of the birds on the list, it should be Skimmey in my opinion simply because he did absolutely nothing after GCD.
    Like I said before, everyone has their own opinion. And everyone had their day of glory, you simply can't have one best player every cap. But if your basing it off tournaments, it has to be hahabirdy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I strongly disagree. Just because you have bad memories of playing with Kanital (teaming) doesn't mean that he's not a great bird. He was on top of his game during caps where skill mattered more than luck. Kanital was one of the best xbow players/kiters that I've seen in the game even to this day. He really thrived off of his knowledge of range. You may say that "Kanital is not a good 1v1 player," but there's a reason why he went so far in 1v1 bird tournaments. And of course, one of the best duos that I've seen with such great chemistry was Kanital alongside Kellylita/Imkelly. Both great ranged players.

If you were to reasonably take away any of the birds on the list, it should be Skimmey in my opinion simply because he did absolutely nothing after GCD. He didn't like the new system, so he renamed to Freeusfromgcd, hopped on for a few games here or there (and was really below average because he wasn't used to it) and then just quit the game out of frustration. You can't tell who multi-touched before GCD was implemented and the fact that he quit the game shortly after is a really good indication that he did. Other 'powerhouses' of the 56 cap like Xrax and HmmHmm definitely deserve to be ranked over him in my opinion because they never lost a step even after GCD was implemented.

As for your other opinions, they're fair assessments. I would most likely put Nun on a top 10 list. The thing with Nobounds is that he was really great at one cap (76) and okay at other caps. And of course, he was great when pallies were one of the best types of classes in the game at 76 which kind of raises questions over where he should be placed. In the caps before that, he kept switching between dex, int, and str and never really mastered one. I would put Alwaysdtf/Absolutepally above him as a pally simply because Dtf never switched from being a pally. He was a pally for as long as I've known him in the game and was never bad at it, even when int or dex mages were clearly superior options. He's even made it to the finals of a 1v1 tournament when the game was filled with int mages at the 66 cap (and probably should have won, due to the buff glitch).

Some players that perhaps deserve a spot on an all time list:
    Nun
    Crash
    Nobounds
    Papapat (one bear I really think should be on the list compared to some of those bears)
    Ace
    Ice
    Xrax
    Hmmhmm
    Zo
    Azi
    Alvin
    Flacs
    Haha's bear
    Edensfury

Just off the top of my head. Most definitely forgetting some people.
    I completely forgot about Alvin as well, great seeing that name pop up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Dolloway bro i wanna 1-1 u when i get back from vacation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I think you are all wrong. Xyzther #1 bird all time no questions asked no 1v1s needed
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This thread is extremely biased.......

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mymysticalmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    Hey aren't you the guy that took the "Nemo is the best mage" thread 100% seriously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Hey aren't you the guy that took the "Nemo is the best mage" thread 100% seriously?
    Hmm. I dont recall taking it serious. Since when was giving reasons as to why he isnt the best mage being serious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Hmm. I dont recall taking it serious. Since when was giving reasons as to why he isnt the best mage being serious?
    You repeatedly attempted to convince us how nemo wasn't the best mage which shows your view really was on what we were saying. If you really weren't taking us seriously you would've done one of three things:

1. Joined in on what we were saying because you have a sense of humor (the fun option)
    2. Think of us as childish and simply ignore what we say (the mature option)
    3. Show disapproval for giving sarcastic praise to another player (the ethical option)

You instead chose to tell us over and over how we were wrong and why you were correct. You also showed signs of aggravation, which I doubt would be triggered unless you really did take what everyone else was saying seriously.

I am sorry that you envy Nemdomfighter's pvp skills, hey we all do. It's ok though because he usually stands in the towne to give new up-to-date pvp advice for anyone who strives to be as good of a player as the diety Nemdomfighter himself. Also I do agree this thread is extremely biased, for Nemdomfighter isn't listed as the number 1 mage. We agree on something there at least, my friend.

Also Will if you're reading this hi ily bb <3

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

You repeatedly attempted to convince us how nemo wasn't the best mage which shows your view really was on what we were saying. If you really weren't taking us seriously you would've done one of three things:

1. Joined in on what we were saying because you have a sense of humor (the fun option)
    3. Show disapproval for giving sarcastic praise to another player (the ethical option)

You instead chose to tell us over and over how we were wrong and why you were correct. You also showed signs of aggravation, which I doubt would be triggered unless you really did take what everyone else was saying seriously.

I am sorry that you envy Nemdomfighter's pvp skills, hey we all do. It's ok though because he usually stands in the towne to give new up-to-date pvp advice for anyone who strives to be as good of a player as the diety Nemdomfighter himself. Also I do agree this thread is extremely biased, for Nemdomfighter isn't listed as the number 1 mage. We agree on something there at least, my friend.

Hi ily too<3 just plz don't get my thread locked k bby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Hi ily too<3 just plz don't get my thread locked k bby
    Deal, only if you make yourself #1 mage on the list <3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Don't get me wrong, but you're making it sound like you dont think Nemo is the best mage?
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    Don't get me wrong, but you're making it sound like you dont think Nemo is the best mage?
    Oh I think we're all in agreement he is the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Cringy thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Skimmey was also a 56 bird named archologist pretty sure. Back in 2012 or whenever rhino came out. He did a lot of 1v3 and was good at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by humiiii View Post
    Cringy thread
    Some people just can't handle the fire of such threads

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

True, I'm also shocked cloudwater isn't in the list of mage all-time best pvpers, he/she will always be remembered.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    True, I'm also shocked cloudwater isn't in the list of mage all-time best pvpers, he/she will always be remembered.
    None of family on this list. (Not saying family is full of pro just that there are some that in fam deserve to be on list) as well as many others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

None of family on this list. (Not saying family is full of pro just that there are some that in fam deserve to be on list) as well as many others.
    Curious to know, who from Family do you think deserves to be on the list?