Thread: Left during combat -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Default Left during combat -_-

I'm not sure about you guys but I'm sick of people leaving right before you are about to kill them. Players that do this should be punished with more than just one death. STS is taking player that do this very lightly and each player that does this should get more than one death and a "time out" from gameplay.

[(ex: a player rushes you, waits till you spawn, wait till you are about to use you buffs and attack them back then they leave, join again and rush you) (another ex: they ask you to fight, and you go at it till he is about dead, leaves, and takes you kill away from you)]

Tell me what you think about this issue.
    Last edited by Nick41324; 10-15-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    I'm not sure about you guys but I'm sick of people leaving right before you are about to kill them. Players that do this should be punished with more than just one death. STS is taking player that do this very lightly and each player that does this should get more than one death and a "time out" from gameplay.

Tell me what you think about this issue.
    I.....disagree

For the following reason
    I kind of moved and somehow exited game during the middle of battle i got mad cause i was doing good lol :P and i wouldnt have to leave by accident and get a bunch of deaths because i spazzed out
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    I.....disagree

For the following reason
    I kind of moved and somehow exited game during the middle of battle i got mad cause i was doing good lol :P and i wouldnt have to leave by accident and get a bunch of deaths because i spazzed out
    I would hope for this to keep people to stay and take you last death like a man, not leave in the middle of a fight. Once you are dead you can leave.
    You deserve those deaths if you leave in the middle of a battle!! People deserve at least 10 deaths per "left during combat"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I would hope for this to keep people to stay and take you last death like a man, not leave in the middle of a fight. Once you are dead you can leave.
    You deserve those deaths if you leave in the middle of a battle!! People deserve at least 10 deaths per "left during combat"
    Did you like ignore some words? I said accidenlty and i spazzed out while fighting cause i always fight like a man unless my parents take my ipad away
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I've come to the conclusion that nearly everyone who PVPs regulary has grown overtly sensitive to records, and the smallest things -- And forgot about simply having fun...

Your opponent controls his/her character, not you. So they won't play the way you wish for the fight to play out. My beest advice is, expect the worst. PVP is full of sensitive people who some, as you already know from experience, play dirty. After a while you should expect something unfortunate to happen again.

Unfortunately, PVP is difficult for the devs to maintain in some ways. You'll have to deal with it in a more passive manner -- find another game, take a break, quit PVP. All thing excessive anger will do you no good. PVP will do that to you.

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draco Mikato View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that nearly everyone who PVPs regulary has grown overtly sensitive to records, and the smallest things -- And forgot about simply having fun...

Your opponent controls his/her character, not you. So they won't play the way you wish for the fight to play out. My beest advice is, expect the worst. PVP is full of sensitive people who some, as you already know from experience, play dirty. After a while you should expect something unfortunate to happen again.

Unfortunately, PVP is difficult for the devs to maintain in some ways. You'll have to deal with it in a more passive manner -- find another game, take a break, quit PVP. All thing excessive anger will do you no good. PVP will do that to you.
    too true.. yestoday when i was using my birdie in arena, this bear pops up and rushes everyone O.O after he got killed at least 10 times he goes "why do you guys say ready again?". when we tried to reply, he takes the opportunity to try kill us when we're typing (and failed ) people these days doing everything they can to get kills.. i even seen people who kill their own accounts and end up with 2000 kills to 0 ..

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I hate this noobs :/
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't tried pvp yet, so probably not the best to comment, but wouldn't the fairest solution be that no one is able to leave a match by any method until someone dies?

This eliminates the problem of someone leaving and then rejoining for the quick kill, however if you lose connection mid-match it would have to count as a forfeit and death. This may upset players with bad connections getting a death everytime their conecction drops out however I believe you have more control over your connection quality (service provider/device choice, wifi/3g etc) than the other players actions. I'm no idea how often players drop out because of genuine connection issues but I think most would prefer to cop a death by lost connection (often the case with me in pve) and know that the other players can't resort to dirty tactics.

Make it a no way out, battle to the death!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

i pvp alot on this game and this happens all day with a handfull of people. the people who do this don't care about the death they receive. they do this so u don't get the kill u just earned. very unfair and a kill should be rewarded to u when they leave during combat. I think that would make it fair and stop this nonsense.
    Last edited by Protank; 10-24-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

If you leave with half HP left, 1 death
    If you leave with 1/4 HP left, 10 deaths
    If you leave with close to 0 HP left, 100000000000 deaths!!! (Edit) + 10 of your kills gets transferred to your opponent!!!!
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    If you leave with half HP left, 1 death
    If you leave with 1/4 HP left, 10 deaths
    If you leave with close to 0 HP left, 100000000000 deaths!!!
    Oh, sure.. Make getting to the death leader board 10x easier. ;o

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    Oh, sure.. Make getting to the death leader board 10x easier. ;o
    If you die on purpose, 1 kill.

Oh wait.
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

[QUOTE=Phoenixking:449487]
    I always fight like a man unless my parents take my ipad away
    Sigworthy.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

what about those people who say " im leaving guys" and gets shot right before he leaves

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

What i like is now, combat only counts when ur attacking, so i get rushed, hop out before i die, and no penalty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i was fighting a player and came close to killing them three or four times.... they left each time - when i asked why (yes they were not too embarased to NOT come back) the player said they do this 10 to 15 times a day.

but!!!... i have left the game after anouncing "gtg" and i get attacked as im leaving!!!! then i see the warning "left during battle" i didnt i stated "gtg" then left!!!

so ... i think we should get 5 warnings a day then a one hour suspention

or just grow some ... well ... lets just say take your death like a man!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I don't think there should be a leaver penalty, because a system like that could be easily abused. IE Throwing attacks at people to keep people in a game or force them to take a death and a penalty. Don't get me wrong, I think leaving just before someone kills you is one of the weakest moves in pvp, but it's something we're just going to have to deal with.

Something that annoys me is what actually counts as being in "combat" now...like using any kind of ability or attack puts you in combat. It seems minor, but it's really frustrating when I get a death for leaving because I accidentally hit the attack button before hitting the X. Attacks and skills that don't connect with anything shouldn't put you in combat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Agreed I hate using buffs in town and seeing that in-combat face.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    I don't think there should be a leaver penalty, because a system like that could be easily abused.
    What if someone joins and the host doesn't like them and boots them? For the boot they would recive a death. The best way I can see to handel this is to just think to yourself, without cheating, they might have like 0 kills and 1000 deaths.

And I have seen people rush, and then the whole group attacks him, leaving him with 3 kills and 10 deaths. So the point of rushing? I don't see one. you don't gain by rushing.

The majority of the people in the game will not rush/leave in the middle, so you know 98% of the time, you will not have a player that cheats. Also, I would personally ignore them or just never fight them.

(Wow! my longest post so far! YAY! )
    Nickyeagle- Lvl 70 Archer
    Proud and loyal Recruit of Chicken's Invasion (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Did you like ignore some words? I said accidenlty and i spazzed out while fighting cause i always fight like a man unless my parents take my ipad away
    Tsk tsk lol hows it goin bro? Anyways I agree with phoenix....

~linkelodian lol u know pheonix