Thread: "Secret" Labs -- some pirates don't count?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default "Secret" Labs -- some pirates don't count?

It's pretty much a moot issue since the promotion is almost over, but in case something like this is reused for a quest... Was running through Red Sun working on the quest. Was in the middle of doing the secret labs level and noticed that none of the pirates after Red Beard's escape counted towards the total. ETA: Correction--it appears to just be the pirates that come from the portal next to the anti-toxin room that don't count. I would've checked further, but I paused to write this and got disconnected. Lol! I didn't depend on the on-screen counter in case that was the issue, but checked my quest log after each kill--didn't count.

I'll give it another run and see if it repeats or how far the moratorium on pirates extends past Red Beard. After running it, it appears that most, if not all, the pirates right after Red Beard count, but the portal guys do not.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-16-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice find :!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I'll check it out as well.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

The pirates here don't count towards the quest.

When you get to here they start counting again.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Congrats!

Just stopped by to say congrats on the Star Guard Achievement!

The Flame will Fly On.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Spawned monsters didn't count. The same with the little green buggers that spawn in Cycorp when your trying to plant a bomb. (I was trying to abuse them so I didn't have to change maps but it didn't work!)

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Roast View Post
    Spawned monsters didn't count. The same with the little green buggers that spawn in Cycorp when your trying to plant a bomb. (I was trying to abuse them so I didn't have to change maps but it didn't work!)
    I believe They removed it from counting because people were sitting there not planting the bomb and just taking the kills.
    So they got the kills faster and got the quest complete faster!
    It was basically a cheat!
    Star Legends: Drues (Operative) - Yahbuddy (Commando)
    Pocket Legends: Dreusadadan (Archer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drues View Post
    I believe They removed it from counting because people were sitting there not planting the bomb and just taking the kills.
    So they got the kills faster and got the quest complete faster!
    It was basically a cheat!
    Yup it was an exploit so had to be moved swiftly.. as of some other things.. can you remem a quick update a few hours after chrome event was released.. that was the one.

Canon nice find.. I did notice this but guessed it was meant to be like that.. as they don't count in the kill counter at the bottom of screen either.. so say it says 30.. there's probably like 35-40.. but they don't count

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Hmmm...odd, though. I just did a couple test runs through the "Security Station". I realize that four pirates are lounging around the portal and therefore "should" count, while the in-coming ones "shouldn't" (as far as the enemies counter on the bottom of the screen). Except....some count toward the enemies counter and some don't. :/ The loungers count, but at least two of the ones that portal in did as well.

And for special added oddness--the enemy counter goes wonky there. I'm still trying to get screenshots of it, but as you fight the in-coming portalers, the counter goes down to 13, back up to 14 and the next two that portal in that you kill, the counter goes down to 12. So "13 left! Oops! Nope, 14!" I'll have to try that area with a char that has the 1000 pirates quest to check on whether the portalers-in (okay, that just looks wrong) count there or no. But the amazing add and subtract enemy counter is kind of entertaining.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    And for special added oddness--the enemy counter goes wonky there. I'm still trying to get screenshots of it, but as you fight the in-coming portalers, the counter goes down to 13, back up to 14 and the next two that portal in that you kill, the counter goes down to 12. So "13 left! Oops! Nope, 14!" I'll have to try that area with a char that has the 1000 pirates quest to check on whether the portalers-in (okay, that just looks wrong) count there or no. But the amazing add and subtract enemy counter is kind of entertaining.
    But the remaining counters goes up and down all the time? What's so odd about that?

Every class door you open in sloucho pumps up the remaining counter. Which makes sense, because otherwise an op would have difficulties completing the scorcher for example.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Hmmm.. there has always been funny counter issues like that one throughout.

Believe there is still one in Cycorps (think its Product Development.. but dont quote me on that) where you can not complete the level as 3-4 enemies are showing on the counter.. though if you tear the level up they dont exsist.. luckily for us you can just use the teleporter tho

And good luck you have a few hours tops to work it out.. time is against you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Nah, already done with jetpacks on the 3 mains, so no worries. What's tickling my fancy at the moment is the enemy counter issue--I can't take screenies fast enough to capture it so I may have to yank out the video camera. It happens at the second portal in the Shipping Bay level as well--5, 6, 5, 6... I think if I can just find the right background music, it might be the next YouTube hit. (Of course, it's 0230 here, I've have about 3 hours of sleep and my thought processes may be a tad skewed at the mo. May.)

Never had a problem in CyCorp. There's one level where people miss one of the floor vents and never run back over it, so it leaves 6 showing, but they're there. I've finished off I-don't-know-how-many of those just so people don't hit the quest log "go to" and wind up in a, for them, useless instance. I think you're right that it's Product Development--it's the one where you set the explosives in the egg masses.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-17-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Never had a problem in CyCorp. There's one level where people miss one of the floor vents and never run back over it, so it leaves 6 showing, but they're there. I've finished off I-don't-know-how-many of those just so people don't hit the quest log "go to" and wind up in a, for them, useless instance. I think you're right that it's Product Development--it's the one where you set the explosives in the egg masses.
    Consumer Testing?? Lol maybe its to early for me to be on the forums.. *still half asleep and its 10.42 *

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Consumer Testing?? Lol maybe its to early for me to be on the forums.. *still half asleep and its 10.42 *
    Yeah, that's the one. Maybe we both need more sleep. I know I need coffee. Other than that rascally grate there, I've never had leftovers (pardon the expression) in CyCorp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Yeah, that's the one. Maybe we both need more sleep. I know I need coffee. Other than that rascally grate there, I've never had leftovers (pardon the expression) in CyCorp.
    Hmmm.. not sure.. maybe it was fixed in a previous patch.. oh well.. mystery over
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-17-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sleeeeeep!
    Star Legends: Drues (Operative) - Yahbuddy (Commando)
    Pocket Legends: Dreusadadan (Archer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No! The coffee is perking and besides, sleep is over-rated. *And* you're up.