Thread: Sets

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Sets

Can the lvl 100 sets not be class specific? Idk about everyone else but I want to be free to experiment with builds. My mage has been a pally since sewers cap and having to be int is not fun for me I like the diversity that pvp had when anyone could use any set. It added a whole new feel to the game needing a strategy for every different class and build, now it's the same thing over and over.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daueden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

'Diversity', only in the theories. How? Cause players ultimately get into OP class & op build mostly. So yep diversified every class - every build could exist on pen & paper but not in the arena.

It's way much better to have every class specially main 3 get close to balanced rather than any particular class EXPLOIT the other set that is not meant for em.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    'Diversity', only in the theories. How? Cause players ultimately get into OP class & op build mostly. So yep diversified every class - every build could exist on pen & paper but not in the arena.

It's way much better to have every class specially main 3 get close to balanced rather than any particular class EXPLOIT the other set that is not meant for em.
    Like lust pally during 77 cap and savage EVERYTHING during 76 lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just because people in PVP are whining about how overpowered these builds are is no reason not to allow gremlin in PVE.

There's no reason these builds couldn't be nerfed in PVP if that's what it took to keep it interesting for those of us who don't do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaosafler View Post
    Just because people in PVP are whining about how overpowered these builds are is no reason not to allow gremlin in PVE.

There's no reason these builds couldn't be nerfed in PVP if that's what it took to keep it interesting for those of us who don't do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If u call this 'whining' then this would be applicable more accurately to PVE guys who says this, that's because -

PvE way much easier, there are lots of things r there, u name it, pets for crazy stat boost, sure shot combo blessing etc. Top of that, pure classes are way much better in pve than those hybrid classes for the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I do agree with Daueden. I mean yes it brings some balance questions. But I find it fun to equip whatever you want on a char.

If you don't want to let mages equip a str set, why not making more endgame sets ?
    For example, a endgame sword for the mage. Combined with the right shield it makes like more health and damages but a important damage and mana decrease

just an idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nozenn View Post
    I do agree with Daueden. I mean yes it brings some balance questions. But I find it fun to equip whatever you want on a char.
    I believe Waug understands what you are saying, but is saying that Pocket Legends doesn't have complex enough mechanics for hybrid classes to be balanced with the pure ones. I know from previous caps that when one set is exploitable, all the classes use it regardless of their character intent. PvP then becomes very one dimensional because everyone is using one set.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

not completely true even during 76 and 77 nobody really used a warbird, and you still had int mages, and dex bears running around. it just adds more strategic types of games. not in pvp but it does for ctf which is all i play. and personally id like to be able to be a pally on my mage as ive been a pally since 56 cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daueden View Post
    not completely true even during 76 and 77 nobody really used a warbird, and you still had int mages, and dex bears running around. it just adds more strategic types of games. not in pvp but it does for ctf which is all i play. and personally id like to be able to be a pally on my mage as ive been a pally since 56 cap.
    For teamplay, a pure int mage can perform his role in a better way, more heal, more damage behind tanks etc. Then again it comes to the exploitation, where a pally can do the things that are not meant for em. Sure hybrid classes has been like that, but CTF with all pure is for sure more fun. Just give it a go.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    For teamplay, a pure int mage can perform his role in a better way, more heal, more damage behind tanks etc. Then again it comes to the exploitation, where a pally can do the things that are not meant for em. Sure hybrid classes has been like that, but CTF with all pure is for sure more fun. Just give it a go.
    Not just me using a pally, when I am using my bird I like to vs them as it is more diverse, I'd just like for people that don't want to use there designated sets to have the option to use any set.