Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion - New GameplayFeature Suggestions - NEW PVP MAPS & GB GAME MODES

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Cinco;272553

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

[/QUOTE]

This this omg cant believe reading this, would bring pvp to a new level while all what counts is the rawwwwww skilllzzzz. And maybe also *pause* the housing buffs during pvp mode....that would also liven up pvp instantly and you'll soon see how many lost n new arlorians will return and skyrocket your servers ....ladies/gents n Dudes ✌

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yayyyyyyyy! Cinco replied

Thanks for your response, and it is awesome to hear that some of these ideas have been and are under consideration by devs

New maps are desperately needed in pvp @_@ I was really hoping with guild battles introduced we would get a new map with castles etc.. but we had to stick with blood beach :/ Adding a few new maps perhaps with interactive features you mention would really add so much to the Pvp side of AL, any new maps structured more like pve maps thats bright and colorful would be awesome imo Adding more game modes would be great too, someone mentioned FFA and it would be totally new to actually play the flag in CTF Guild battle

The pvp with everyone using the same set of gear sounds awesome as well! and would really open up pvp to a larger player base who are currently to undergeared or not rich enough to compete with those who have spent millions on making their characters deadly for pvp. You could create tournaments of this style of game and give rewards to the teams and players who do the best.

Spectator modes seem like a must for me, if only for guild battles. Every time we battle we have members who watch the scoreboard to see who is winning but to watch the actually game itself would just be awesome

Tbh I am not particularly interested in pve currently, but adding more ways to play would really revive interest for me

Wow thats crazy, I always thought it seemed like a natural extension, considering everyone wants to go outside into their locations, to bad you couldn't get that concept included in the launch, it would make housing so much more entertaining and social, especially if you could incorporate the guildhall in too all of it.

Thanks for your reply, it's really good to know that some of these ideas are being considered and worked on. I don't mean to cause drama or anything, but I think a lot of the players who are angry and upset with this expansion and STS are upset because of the direction of the last updates (more awakens, recolored pets/events, artifacts & pay entry maps) that seemed to be geared towards creating revenue and business models rather then expanding upon game play and general overall enjoyment of the game. But to hear that you and the devs are working on concepts such as these as reassuring to a lot of us.

Arcane Legends is a great game, and with thoughtful development it can become even better and grow its player base if gameplay is continually improved for the players Having more transparency around developments and conceptual work like this would really beneficial for both the game, devs and players, allowing players to have a voice in the decision making of development of the game is probably the best way to ensure a game that is enjoyed by all

Anyway thanks again for the response Cinco, I and others appreciate it
    Last edited by Elirym; 07-22-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    IGN: ELIRYM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

wow reformist dev, awesome!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elirym View Post
    Yayyyyyyyy! Cinco replied

Thanks for your response, and it is awesome to hear that some of these ideas have been and are under consideration by devs

New maps are desperately needed in pvp @_@ I was really hoping with guild battles introduced we would get a new map with castles etc.. but we had to stick with blood beach :/ Adding a few new maps perhaps with interactive features you mention would really add so much to the Pvp side of AL, any new maps structured more like pve maps thats bright and colorful would be awesome imo Adding more game modes would be great too, someone mentioned FFA and it would be totally new to actually play the flag in CTF Guild battle

The pvp with everyone using the same set of gear sounds awesome as well! and would really open up pvp to a larger player base who are currently to undergeared or not rich enough to compete with those who have spent millions on making their characters deadly for pvp. You could create tournaments of this style of game and give rewards to the teams and players who do the best.

Spectator modes seem like a must for me, if only for guild battles. Every time we battle we have members who watch the scoreboard to see who is winning but to watch the actually game itself would just be awesome

Tbh I am not particularly interested in pve currently, but adding more ways to play would really revive interest for me

Wow thats crazy, I always thought it seemed like a natural extension, considering everyone wants to go outside into their locations, to bad you couldn't get that concept included in the launch, it would make housing so much more entertaining and social, especially if you could incorporate the guildhall in too all of it.

Thanks for your reply, it's really good to know that some of these ideas are being considered and worked on. I don't mean to cause drama or anything, but I think a lot of the players who are angry and upset with this expansion and STS are upset because of the direction of the last updates (more awakens, recolored pets/events, artifacts & pay entry maps) that seemed to be geared towards creating revenue and business models rather then expanding upon game play and general overall enjoyment of the game. But to hear that you and the devs are working on concepts such as these as reassuring to a lot of us.

Arcane Legends is a great game, and with thoughtful development it can become even better and grow its player base if gameplay is continually improved for the players Having more transparency around developments and conceptual work like this would really beneficial for both the game, devs and players, allowing players to have a voice in the decision making of development of the game is probably the best way to ensure a game that is enjoyed by all

Anyway thanks again for the response Cinco, I and others appreciate it
    Your welcome xD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

There is a lot of cool ideas here. Keep it up!

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

A spectator mode of sorts couldsee some use though, as you mentioned streamers could make use of it to broadcast clashes. As well as it would be useful for tournaments, youtubers, guildies wantingto watchtheir friends, or even new pvpers who want to learn. It could be useful but like you said probably not by enough to make it worth it.
    Last edited by Zojak; 07-25-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

Absolutely loved the weapons and gear quick slots idea , i would like it on the left side of screen . Lolz giving both hands equal opportunity for cts. Housing is another portion of the game i enjoy , so anthing in that dept is good too! I also enjoyed the way the mausoleum maps change , tho the ranking thing was a bit of a grind. The return portals are pure genius. This thread has renewed my excitement for the future of Arlorians....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

great ideas bro, ill try condense it a bit and add it to the OP if you want
    IGN: ELIRYM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I've been working on a different kind of PvP map that integrates some of the 'KotH' features you mention along with 'siege weaponry' a'la Castle Building. While gear issues are always a major concern in PvP, the biggest challenges to this idea surround the emplacements and Castle building. I think the idea's got a toe-hold via the housing system but there's a lot of work to be done with respect to how siege weapons / castle pieces would be crafted, placed, etc. I favor a consumable system where if the castle defense is destroyed, it's gone forever and you have to craft it again. Others favor players being able to recover their destroyed machinery after some period of time (with a Platinum timer buy-through).

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

We went all-in on Spectator mode for Call of Champions and it was pretty fun. That said, I'm not sure if it's something people would use more than once in Arcane Legends - unless you're a full-time streamer or something.

Round-based PvE stuff and overall improvements to the 'Gauntlet' style of gameplay do interest me quite a bit. We're working on something (unrelated to AL) that does this exact sort of thing - 'except for the limited lives. I'll take the life limitation into consideration 'cause I think that's pretty cool too.

Neighborhoods. You probably won't believe this, but "neighborhood" zones were part of the original housing concept. I wanted players to get plots of land adjacent to each other. The server would dynamically seam them together. Active players are put next to other active players while those who have not logged in for some time are placed in another less active 'neighbor zone.' In a later revision, I went for a 'territorial control' concept wherein players could fight for a literal space on a terrain grid to place their house.
    This post is AL's ticket to "BEST GAME OF 2017!!!!" Go cinco and go AL
    Hip hip hurray