Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Expansion - New GameplayFeature Suggestions - NEW PVP MAPS & GB GAME MODES

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Expansion - New GameplayFeature Suggestions - NEW PVP MAPS & GB GAME MODES

Dear STS,

Thought I'd start a thread for people to give suggestions on NEW GAME PLAY FEATURES they would like, as opposed to recoloring and re-texturing old models (Heroic, Recent Events) and giving us updated numbers and statistics (Awakens). Guild battles and Mausoleum are good additions but we need more variations on gameplay or the game will become old and stale quickly.
    So for the next expansion here is a list of actual new gameplay modes and features that I think most of us Arlorians can agree would make the game much more engaging and entertaining. This Thread will continue to be updated as more suggestions are given and agreed with.

Sincerely

AL Players

1. Guild Battles & PVP Expansion - New Maps, Game Modes & Competitions

Give us bigger maps with less possibility for spawn killing, add a larger variety of obstacles, pickups and cover, bring new maps with different environments aside from old Blood Beach. Possibly add interactive map features such as cannons or doors. (Let us shoot a cannon and hit someone with it etc.)
    For guild battles give us a base or guild castle to spawn in and defend or attack from and to prevent being spawn killed.
    Release new gameplay options for PVP and Guild Battle such a CTF , King of the Hill or Castle Defense Modes Give us the option to set up PVP rooms and choose different maps and settings like varied game rounds and player counts etc.

Tournaments or competitions could be held with guildbattles and give guilds chances to win prizes for competing. Could be broken in to divisions so that top guild didn't just destroy lower guilds

A suggested map layout for Guild Battles from another popular MMORPG:

Name:  cw_map.png
Views: 1015
Size:  74.6 KB

New PVP Map Ideas - "Clash Island"
    \Name:  5035bc5f1e4bdeed2f28cc94f766719d.jpg
Views: 2731
Size:  176.7 KB

2. Round Based Survival PVE Maps

Bring out new PVE maps based on surviving multiple waves or rounds of slowly strengthening mobs and bosses with limited respawns and no potions with customization for settings and new leaderboards. Again interactive map features would be awesome in this mode

3. Spectator Modes

Self explanatory, let guildies and friends spectate in on guild battles or pvp games, even pve would be cool

4. Customization Of Guildhalls

Let us use furniture in guildhalls, we cant even sit in chairs in the guildhall atm, let us put disco ball and hot tubs for all guildies to use!

5. House Community/Neighborhood Update

Allow guilds and friends to create neighborhoods with there own houses on the same map, doors can now be opened and closed and players can walk from their house outside and in to the locations of other members of the communities with houses and then enter the members house. (Only House with location can be part of a "community"). Guild Halls could also be included and interconnected in these communities.

Name:  Inkedforest_LI.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  125.9 KB Name:  Inkedvolcano_LI.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  154.8 KB

6. Revamped Quick Slots for Gear

Adding the quick slot options was a good idea, but it wasn't taken far enough, we should be able to put gear in there as well and switch in the quickly in the middle of battle if needed. When I first head of the update I thought I would be able to add a drag sword and immo aegis to the quick slot menu for pvp, so that I would be able to use my drag sword proc and then switch to immo aegis when needing to tank, or use my speed set to move fast around map, and switch to planar pendant and arc ring for clash. Having this ability would add a whole other dynamic to both pvp and pve

7. To Be Updated...

i will add the suggestions and comments to the list
    Last edited by Elirym; 06-29-2017 at 11:55 PM.
    IGN: ELIRYM

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Elirym For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Nice suggestions!
    Especially Guild Battleground spectators mode and customized GH, I've been willing to sit on those chairs in GH for ages ,-,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys Feel free to give more suggestions, I was thinking of like a community/neighborhood update where you and friends/guilds can have everyone's houses in one map with open doors for everyone in the community so we can walk outside our house through the location to a friends house next door

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elirym For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Updated to include community/neighborhood idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The neighborhood thingy is impossible bro. It will take toomuch data on their server if the al neighbor hood will be implemented. The rest is good, i wish they can add a guildwar too like every Saturday or Sunday where every guild can participate. The guild that will win the throne will get plat or gold or a special Chest to those members that participated

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    IGN:bmooooo<41>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for the feedback bro

Perhaps if they capped neighborhoods at a manageable amount of houses and introduced a load screen in between it could work? Idk don't understrand the technicalities enough to know if possible.
    A guild battle competition or tournament would be sweet and make prizes for the teams who make it the furthest, i'll add it tho original post, and any other ideas would awesome if you got them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

LOVE IT bro!! Hopefully sts see's this, love the neighborhood and spectating mode!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks Leon I hope they take notice too, would be awesome to see these in game! And honestly STS should be looking to make the game ruled by what people want, its the players who keep the game active and profitable, so why not caterer to what they would like to see?

Also I updated the original post with guild battle tournaments and a new suggestion of allowing gear and weapons to be added to the quick slot menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Omg nubeli I love those suggestions for new PvP maps 😄

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Awesome ideas hope they see this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saik1993 View Post
    Omg nubeli I love those suggestions for new PvP maps 😄
    Lol thanks but give me your ideas for Pve nubbysun I can only think of Pvp lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Eli...u may be a nub but ur genius! Those ideas are great...(it will be great to get my head cut off with new features O-O)

Sent from my LG-K430 using Tapatalk
    Qevy Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol ty arkinub, hopefully sts looks at these and comes through for us on a few of them
    Last edited by Justg; 07-06-2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If your going to edit comments @Justg can we get comment with some feed back on whether any of these ideas are feasible or being considered at all be devs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I actually liked the quick slot suggestion and guildhall customization Most

Sent from my Micromax A106 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

surely they are the easiest to do as well, wish a dev would give a response to this thread.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Bump. #WeneedfeedbackfromDEVS

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 07-19-2017 at 03:29 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to You Mad Or Nah For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

The only thing I don't agree is where u said adding cannons or doors etc

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

I've been working on a different kind of PvP map that integrates some of the 'KotH' features you mention along with 'siege weaponry' a'la Castle Building. While gear issues are always a major concern in PvP, the biggest challenges to this idea surround the emplacements and Castle building. I think the idea's got a toe-hold via the housing system but there's a lot of work to be done with respect to how siege weapons / castle pieces would be crafted, placed, etc. I favor a consumable system where if the castle defense is destroyed, it's gone forever and you have to craft it again. Others favor players being able to recover their destroyed machinery after some period of time (with a Platinum timer buy-through).

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

We went all-in on Spectator mode for Call of Champions and it was pretty fun. That said, I'm not sure if it's something people would use more than once in Arcane Legends - unless you're a full-time streamer or something.

Round-based PvE stuff and overall improvements to the 'Gauntlet' style of gameplay do interest me quite a bit. We're working on something (unrelated to AL) that does this exact sort of thing - 'except for the limited lives. I'll take the life limitation into consideration 'cause I think that's pretty cool too.

Neighborhoods. You probably won't believe this, but "neighborhood" zones were part of the original housing concept. I wanted players to get plots of land adjacent to each other. The server would dynamically seam them together. Active players are put next to other active players while those who have not logged in for some time are placed in another less active 'neighbor zone.' In a later revision, I went for a 'territorial control' concept wherein players could fight for a literal space on a terrain grid to place their house.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I've been working on a different kind of PvP map that integrates some of the 'KotH' features you mention along with 'siege weaponry' a'la Castle Building. While gear issues are always a major concern in PvP, the biggest challenges to this idea surround the emplacements and Castle building. I think the idea's got a toe-hold via the housing system but there's a lot of work to be done with respect to how siege weapons / castle pieces would be crafted, placed, etc. I favor a consumable system where if the castle defense is destroyed, it's gone forever and you have to craft it again. Others favor players being able to recover their destroyed machinery after some period of time (with a Platinum timer buy-through).

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

We went all-in on Spectator mode for Call of Champions and it was pretty fun. That said, I'm not sure if it's something people would use more than once in Arcane Legends - unless you're a full-time streamer or something.

Round-based PvE stuff and overall improvements to the 'Gauntlet' style of gameplay do interest me quite a bit. We're working on something (unrelated to AL) that does this exact sort of thing - 'except for the limited lives. I'll take the life limitation into consideration 'cause I think that's pretty cool too.

Neighborhoods. You probably won't believe this, but "neighborhood" zones were part of the original housing concept. I wanted players to get plots of land adjacent to each other. The server would dynamically seam them together. Active players are put next to other active players while those who have not logged in for some time are placed in another less active 'neighbor zone.' In a later revision, I went for a 'territorial control' concept wherein players could fight for a literal space on a terrain grid to place their house.
    THANK YOU CINCO!!!MADE MY DAY!! But I still think cannons or extra type of machinery' shouldn't be added to pvp. People don't really need extra equipment/machinery in PvP to survive.But the castle that's good
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 07-22-2017 at 12:43 PM.