Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light-zavier Event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teases View Post
    So, to rephrase what you said: I don't want other peoples lives to be easier because I put time into it and other people have to put in just as much time even if an x amount of time has already passed and it doesn't really negatively impact me, it's just that no one else can have it easy because I didn't.

That seems selfish. I put a lot of time into leveling up to 61 and only recently hit cap after returning from a two year hiatus but I'm not complaining because they picked now to have an XP chest event. It's a game b, chill.

Seems like ur one of those "I sit all day in camp/castle and wait at the lazy zavier events"

It wasn't even selfish what he was saying. He's right!

People ran for over months to get elite Lightbearer, by releasing a bs event like this would be dissapointed asf for many players. Tho if we get next expansion again a ranking system more and more ppl will just wait till a zavier got released.

I'd say less zaviers and more Effort.

Tho I hope the next cap Will be like 200k XP to be lv66 (from 65 to 66)..

Like to Reach lv66 it will take the way from 1 to 65. That would be a cool xp- system. So players won't hit max cap easy, it will take time but it's fun after all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runagain View Post
    Seems like ur one of those "I sit all day in camp/castle and wait at the lazy zavier events"

It wasn't even selfish what he was saying. He's right!

People ran for over months to get elite Lightbearer, by releasing a bs event like this would be dissapointed asf for many players. Tho if we get next expansion again a ranking system more and more ppl will just wait till a zavier got released.

I'd say less zaviers and more Effort.

Tho I hope the next cap Will be like 200k XP to be lv66 (from 65 to 66)..

Like to Reach lv66 it will take the way from 1 to 65. That would be a cool xp- system. So players won't hit max cap easy, it will take time but it's fun after all
    You see but there it is: people ran for MONTHS to get Elite Lightbearer. If the accessibility of this next expansion relies heavily on your rank in Somberholt, than that's even more time that a (casual) player has to invest before being able to play competitively. It's been a while since Somberholt was released, your "reward" for investing your time was earlier access to content that in no uncertain terms helped your success in-game exponentially compared to players who didn't or couldn't.

I'm not debating the numbers. If the numbers are off, change them. My point is that there were benefits to reaching that rank, and people who have have reaped the rewards. Why should new or returning players have to jump through months of content, since as you said it took months, before they should be allowed to access the same content as you? It's a casual game, so casual players should have the ability to reach the same goals albeit with more time, but this just seems extreme.

It's the same toxic exclusivity that spawns from classism. The haves and the have nots. If you're poor, that's your fault -- right?

Uhm, if u farm one hour a day, you're able to get like 600-1k points An hour.

Since elite Lightbearer is 110k points. It actually only takes u 110 days to reach it which is equal to 3.5months. (it's 1k Daily). Since this expansion lasts for over 8months. You would be able to farm m5-6 for over 3 months atleast.
    I've listened to your points, and I try to understand, but you've got to be kidding me if the parallels are lost on you. Anyway, this is just a game, so like I said, chill out and sorry if I hurt any feelings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teases View Post
    You see but there it is: people ran for MONTHS to get Elite Lightbearer. If the accessibility of this next expansion relies heavily on your rank in Somberholt, than that's even more time that a (casual) player has to invest before being able to play competitively. It's been a while since Somberholt was released, your "reward" for investing your time was earlier access to content that in no uncertain terms helped your success in-game exponentially compared to players who didn't or couldn't.

I'm not debating the numbers. If the numbers are off, change them. My point is that there were benefits to reaching that rank, and people who have have reaped the rewards. Why should new or returning players have to jump through months of content, since as you said it took months, before they should be allowed to access the same content as you? It's a casual game, so casual players should have the ability to reach the same goals albeit with more time, but this just seems extreme.

It's the same toxic exclusivity that spawns from classism. The haves and the have nots. If you're poor, that's your fault -- right?

I've listened to your points, and I try to understand, but you've got to be kidding me if the parallels are lost on you. Anyway, this is just a game, so like I said, chill out and sorry if I hurt any feelings.
    Ooo finally someone to discuss with. Nah you won't hurt my feelings :3. Anyway, ofc there are benefits for those who reached it the first, but you can't make a hard system so easy. The double points is imo more than enough. Tho it's easier to reach 110k points than it used to be.

And yeah, for those who return gotta work atm a little bit harder, we all bin thru this way, one faster than the other.

What would a game be without any effort anylonger??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runagain View Post
    Ooo finally someone to discuss with. Nah you won't hurt my feelings :3. Anyway, ofc there are benefits for those who reached it the first, but you can't make a hard system so easy. The double points is imo more than enough. Tho it's easier to reach 110k points than it used to be.

And yeah, for those who return gotta work atm a little bit harder, we all bin thru this way, one faster than the other.

What would a game be without any effort anylonger??
    Maybe I'm wrong, maybe double points are enough, if double points are ever offered again. It's a huge edge that people should take advantage of, but it does nothing for the new/returning players to come because it won't always be available when they need it.

A game that doesn't take effort isn't rewarding, though more accurately: a game without challenges isn't rewarding. I'm not saying that people should be allowed to coast on twenty 5,000 somberholt point packs and call it a day, but the game level one or 61 is a grind. You grind your way up, and when you get to cap you grind and grind some more. That isn't challenging, that's a chore. You have to admit that you found grinding up to elite lightbearer even the tiniest bit laborious or repetitive.

I just don't see the harm in helping players, veteran and newbies alike, reach that point where the game can feel fulfilling and goals, attainable. There are very real gaps in power, money, success, and level of enjoyment. The top is a plateau, but the climb up is steep. I don't want to topple mountains... I just want to build stairs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

+1 to this! I think this idea will help the guys who want to go further in game and not leave them hopeless, working for mauso 6 day in and day out

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

IF THIS HAPPENS, any future expansions will have less and less people willing to run, they'll just wait for whatever-zavier there is to rank up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

WOW guys, Two things:

First: I'm not lazy (I'm lightbearer rank) Why not Elite lightbearer? Because I'm very busy with my life and I don't have many free time as others...
    Second: I'm a warr lvl 61 and look! I spent hours and hours trying to level up in the game and I'm not complaining about Prince Levlar Event this year and how easy can level up a lot of players with experience chest... Just because I'm not a selfish person

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nice idea 👍 By New users, do you mean those between lvl1 to 40? or what
    What about those new players that bought the lvl 57 kit?
    Lvl 16 rogue, lvl 71 rogue IGN jackyhorse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Love it +1 I put in the hard work but this would help a lot of player great idea mate