Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Add MOUNTS and HOUSES!!! and more OPEN WORLD!! PVP !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestion: Add MOUNTS and HOUSES!!! and more OPEN WORLD!! PVP !!

How cool would it be if pocket legends had an open world that included houses?? like there would be certain areas of the world that had pathways going through where there were player houses. and it would be a pvp zone. or you could have certain spots for certain guilds. but other players can visit that area to fight them. that way, guilds could war other guilds and go find them at their house. there could be all kinds of different houses. and you can store stuff in your house(items, loot, wepons, armor) and you can decorate it. It would bring in crazy amounts of people if this was added!!! I have a lot of friends that play MMORPGS and they look for this in games!! If you have ever played ultima online, you know what I am talking about.

Also, add mounts!!!! and you would be able to run around the open world with your mount. you could make it where you can only pvp off your mounts( if that is what the game creators choose) i think it would be a lot cooler to pvp on your mount though, maybe you could make it where you get more damage off your mount(like 20% more damage or something)

and to go with these two things, you would need more open world. that is the one thing i cannot stand about pocket legends is the fact that everything is closed in. like when you go off fighting in groups, you only have a little area you are confined to, and you can only play with like 5 players? it should be open world for all the different areas and ANYONE can go there at ANY TIME , like all the other mmorpgs out there, you find a group and go out and find things to fight to xp up. and other players would be there competing for the monsters you are killing. and you would be able to pvp with all the other players in the open world. I understand that some people don't like pvp. maybe you could make an option where you choose to be open to pvp at all times and other players can turn this on/off. or there could be certain areas where pvp is allowed and certain areas for the people that don't want to pvp.

MORE PVP!!! not just these little areas where only 5 people are allowed. there should be guild wars, factions, murdering, pking, all that good stuff!!! you can pvp anywhere if you are warring a guild or are OUTSIDE of town!!! you can attack anyone outside of town!!! that would be awesome!!!

i would love to see some changes like this , if there were, i would be playing ALL THE TIME!!!! it just seems like this game is limited to only doing certain things. you can only fight monsters with 4 other people. it gets boring after a while, because it is the same thing OVER AND OVER again!!! just different monsters, and different surroundings. you should make it where players can do whatever they want to in game!!!you choose where you want to go, how many people you want to fight with, and the world needs to be way more OPEN!! if they want to pvp, they can all the time. they can go out and look for people to kill, war other guilds, add factions, be able to pk, etc.

PKers would have consequences for being a murderer. they wouldn't be able to go in town without being killed by the town guards. you could put bountys on the murderers heads, they could have stat loss... where if they die while having so many murders, they can't rezzurect until they work off some murders by being dead for a few hours. and if they do rezz, they would have skill loss, or xp loss.

i really just want to see an open world, more pvp in the open world (not just in 5 man instances) and MOUNTS!!!!!! and HOUSES!!!! look at some of the other popular games out there like Ultima Online, Darkfall, World of Warcraft. Some of the stuff on those games should be added to pocket legends, mainly just the 3 things that i just mentioned (open world, houses, mounts(horses, llamas, ostards, dragons? etc.), oh and more pvp!!!!

btw, i do love pocket legends, it is an awesome game for iphone, ipod, android.... i am just making some suggestions to make the game more fun !!!! i know i would love some changes like this and i'm sure it would bring in LOTS and lots of new players. the game would blow up with changes like this. period.

edit: another thing i meant to write and one of the most important things is pocket legends should TAKE AWAY THE INSTANCES ALL TOGETHER and just make everything OPEN WORLD!!! You wouldn't be JOINING games anymore, you would just be running around and finding stuff to kill. there were be certain spots of the world that were for certain levels. this would be easy to do without changing everything in the game. all you'd have to do is just connect everything where you can run around to everything instead of certain areas being blocked off and you can run into an area at any time without having to join a game!! if you think this would make the world overcrowded. you could always make different servers you could join. like right now, pocket legends only has one server but inside that server, there are like 10 or 15 of each town. each server would have one of each town and the world would be completely open!!!
    Last edited by XvekeZ; 10-17-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I made some suggestions that were in your post before; not all just some. I totally understand where you are coming from and I today support this idea. Especially the open world. I don't if having it would create lag but it would be awesome. Once they make that change everything else can just come later. Open world= THE FUTURE
    +1

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

All these ideas are great and I've definitely seen them come up before (which proves that there are many who want these changes!) The problem is...Pocket Legends is Pocket Legends so it has to have a happy medium between good content and casual play without causing a server crash. While an open world would be epic, things like more PvP updates are more likely because they cause less of a strain Nevertheless, we can still keep looking forward and dreaming

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I'm for everything but the PVP.

People should be allowed to opt out of the open PVP entirely, and to prevent abuse it would only work if you have zero PKs. If you have killed even once then you can never opt out again.

Or make it reputation based with red/blue names. Only white neutral can opt out in this case. Gain red by kiting white who haven't opted out or blue, gain blue by killing reds. Color returns to white over time.

But honestly this wouldn't work so well as an open world PVP game due to it's targeting. What if I'm in FH and accidentally hit auto attack? Either I one shot kill a newbie, or anger some level 61 Demonic. See the problem? Because STS attack system chooses targets based on hostile or not, and in PVP you have teams, it wouldn't work as open PVP. STS would need to redo their entire targeting system.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I'm for everything but the PVP.

People should be allowed to opt out of the open PVP entirely, and to prevent abuse it would only work if you have zero PKs. If you have killed even once then you can never opt out again.

Or make it reputation based with red/blue names. Only white neutral can opt out in this case. Gain red by kiting white who haven't opted out or blue, gain blue by killing reds. Color returns to white over time.

But honestly this wouldn't work so well as an open world PVP game due to it's targeting. What if I'm in FH and accidentally hit auto attack? Either I one shot kill a newbie, or anger some level 61 Demonic. See the problem? Because STS attack system chooses targets based on hostile or not, and in PVP you have teams, it wouldn't work as open PVP. STS would need to redo their entire targeting system.
    yea but that's an easy fix. all they'd have to do is make it where an option comes up "are you sure you want to attack this person" or "you are about to flag yourself criminal" something or another like that, and you click yes or no if you want to. all they'd have to do is take off the auto targeting.and they could even add an option to turn off the "you are about to attack this person" where you can just attack anyone. in my opinion, i don't think there should be auto targeting anyways. but you could turn on/off auto targeting in options. and yes the blue, red, white option is a good idea. that's what i meant when i was talking about all that. just like in the game ultima online ... if you're a murderer, you're red... if you're not, you're blue... but there could also be a white like you said for people who opt out on pvp. i'm sure there are some people who would love this option and some who wouldn't. that's why you could choose what you want to do. just the option of choosing would make this game awesome tho!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Right, so they'd have to redo the entire targeting system in their engine. That's too much work for STS man.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Redo the entire targeting system??
    the targeting system is already set to where you can click on any target ... they give you a choice of choosing your own target now. all they'd have to do is take off the auto targeting. that is not much work.... and yea obviously it would take a little work to make all these changes, but they could do it if they wanted to ... i know they wouldn't be able to do them all at once.... but i'd be happy with just some changes, mainly an open world (with pvp)!!! then i'd really like to see mounts and thirdly houses!!!(even if the houses were like tents for mages, a little bear cave for the bears, and a tree with a big nest around it for the birds, lol... how cool would that be ... hell yea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

This is PL.....not WoW. Some of your ideas are cool and have also been suggested before, but open world PvP, unless there are designated areas for it, just is a huge problem waiting to happen.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default coalitions

Guild coalitions would be nice.. Guild vs guild PvP action

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Alot of WoW in there i see good ideas but u gotta think this is a handheld mmorpg not a full on pc game not flaming im totally for it just make it different dont make it a duplicate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    This is PL.....not WoW. Some of your ideas are cool and have also been suggested before, but open world PvP, unless there are designated areas for it, just is a huge problem waiting to happen.
    just curious , but how would this be a huge problem??

and yeah i'd be happy with designated areas of open world.

i'd be happy with any changes that made it where the game wasn't just little rooms with 5 people in each room. it's almost like joining a chat room and killing monsters and the monsters are all different and in different areas, but it feels the same every time ... you know?? i think this game would be awesome if it has some diversity.

and i mean no offense to pocket legends, i love this game, i am just putting some ideas out there that i think would make it better and i have heard many others voice their concerns about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Having a completely open world for PvP is asking for trouble, as in many many players do not like PvP and just like questing and whatnot and do not want to deal with PKing and spawnkilling. Sadly, there are little nimrods out there that do those things just to make people's game experience suck, and STS will never allow that sort of thing to happen. I have played other games that have open PvP designated areas, that is different....you go in there, you know you might get whacked. Having areas that are bigger than current dungeons would provide some of what you are looking for...but that leads me to....

....open world is difficult to do on a MMORPG on a phone, to some extent, because of the file size required. There are a few games that do it all right, but their game files are 500mb+, where PL is under 50, I believe. I don't remember the exact reason, but STS keeps the game file small-er than those others for some reason to do with the Apple Store, for some reason (as in, free games can't be over a certain size, or something like that....don't quote me on that, though).
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

houses? what a brilliant idea

there could be stores as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Houses are a very, very bad idea. This is a mobile game and would cause extreme lag problems. Also, the required static art objects needed for housing would bloat the client considerably.

Full On PVP - Again a bad idea. Separating PVP now reduces the griefing and just take a look at how often the PVPers cry about "rushing" or this and that. You drop that in completely and you've got that scenario multiplied immensely.

Mounts - Pets are in works, mounts shouldn't be a far cry. But you can't forget, the more the characters manipulate animation, the slower and more bloated clients get.

Guild Wars - I like this one, but it would have to be scaled to an extent. 20+ people in Balefort just standing there can show considerable lag compared to 5 people running around.

Basically, I'm not saying that it wouldn't be great... but from my programming experience and working on numerous emulators in the past, there are severe setbacks when introducing many of these options. Now put it in mobile format and you've got a bigger issue.
    HTC Evo - Evo acting up? Check out this post for tips!
    Cidxesyl 56 Pure Mage | Lysdexic 56 Bow Bear | Sixdelyc 21 Junk Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

How would it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

short response ftw!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic View Post
    Houses are a very, very bad idea. This is a mobile game and would cause extreme lag problems. Also, the required static art objects needed for housing would bloat the client considerably.

Full On PVP - Again a bad idea. Separating PVP now reduces the griefing and just take a look at how often the PVPers cry about "rushing" or this and that. You drop that in completely and you've got that scenario multiplied immensely.

Mounts - Pets are in works, mounts shouldn't be a far cry. But you can't forget, the more the characters manipulate animation, the slower and more bloated clients get.

Guild Wars - I like this one, but it would have to be scaled to an extent. 20+ people in Balefort just standing there can show considerable lag compared to 5 people running around.

Basically, I'm not saying that it wouldn't be great... but from my programming experience and working on numerous emulators in the past, there are severe setbacks when introducing many of these options. Now put it in mobile format and you've got a bigger issue.
    check my post about houses and mounts one post down from this... i think i came up with a good idea for houses that wouldn't cause too much lag... i'm not asking for big houses... just like little spots for storage... maybe like a little tent for mages, little bear cave for bears, and a little nest for birds. it could be like how you enter into your guild fort thing on here or whatever you call it. it would just show the little tent and when you enter it, it would go into a little room where you could store your items. i know this would not cause much lag.

and for pvp, people on video games will cry about ANYTHING that has to do with pvp. something is ALWAYS going to be unfair. but if you have noticed, usually the ones on the forums crying about pvp, are the ones that play and pvp the most. i garuntee you if a better pvp system was set in place, more people would pvp, and more people would play. they may be on the forums crying about certain stuff but that is just the way mmos go. a lot of the people that play here that say stuff on the forums about "rushing" and stupid stuff like that usually are like 10 years old and below. you can tell by the way they type on the forums and the poor grammer they use. most of the time, i can't even understand what they wrote cause it makes no since at all. of course a 10 year old is going to cry about pvping in a video game. they die, they're gonna cry about it. i don't see any of the older and more mature players crying about pvp on the forums, do you? like i said, there will always be someone on the forums complaining about pvp, in any game... most people that lose a pvp match think " there's no way that i could of lost that match, they had to do something unfair, i'll go post what reason i think that was on the forums" but really they just got beat, fair and square. the only things that should be posted on forums that is stuff that is ACTUALLY unfair. like if one class is wayyyyy better to use than another in pvp; all classes should have their advantages. or if someone is hacking, etc.

i have never understood why people cry about stuff that other people do during pvp to kill you, cause guess what, if they can do it, that means you can do it to? if someone is killing you by rushing you, then rush them right back. problem solved. it's pvp. your fighting another player in the game...trying to win.. trying to outbest them the best you can. that's the point of pvping. if you have to rush to win, rush. do whatever it takes to kill the other person. that's what pvping is. you're not killing a monster, you're fighting another player, and anything they can do, you can do also.
    if there was more pvp, open word, mounts, maybe houses?? i am more inclined to see pvp and open world more than anything, this game would blow up!! people would be addicted and playing non stop! i know i would!
    Last edited by XvekeZ; 10-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't really find a place to "ride" your mounts. Would they give speed increases or just for looks? If for looks i think it'd be insanely hard to go through all the designing and would take a LOT of time but would be sweet ))))
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Having a completely open world for PvP is asking for trouble, as in many many players do not like PvP and just like questing and whatnot and do not want to deal with PKing and spawnkilling. Sadly, there are little nimrods out there that do those things just to make people's game experience suck, and STS will never allow that sort of thing to happen. I have played other games that have open PvP designated areas, that is different....you go in there, you know you might get whacked. Having areas that are bigger than current dungeons would provide some of what you are looking for...but that leads me to....

....open world is difficult to do on a MMORPG on a phone, to some extent, because of the file size required. There are a few games that do it all right, but their game files are 500mb+, where PL is under 50, I believe. I don't remember the exact reason, but STS keeps the game file small-er than those others for some reason to do with the Apple Store, for some reason (as in, free games can't be over a certain size, or something like that....don't quote me on that, though).
    there wouldn't have to be a COMPLETELY open world, but at least more than there is now, anything other than the 5 man instances and the little towns that seem like a little room. maybe just very large areas ... like a town and woods around it that have monsters to kill (a very large instance), then a few other towns like that, then some open places to do pvp, like a mountain or river with land all around it, or a castle with land all around it, you know, anything like that.