Thread: Are the number of ppl playing PL dropping?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Are the number of ppl playing PL dropping?

I've noticed that it is harder and harder to sell or find enough players in instances to play together. Many on my friends list have not logged on for weeks now. Do you think the number of players are slowly dropping too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PL is dieing slowly, focus went to SL, nuri not fun, potions all over add that up and ppl dissapear like myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Getting hard to get back in PL.
    I guess I am being sucked up in SL like a black hole does.
    I still need to reach 61

Ill probably log on when halloween comes. Still need spending my dusting plat anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

people always move on at some point. As far as i can see, STS doesnt have some extensive or ingenious advertising activity, so im guessing a lot of their registrations come from market/app store browsing (typically the word "MMO", "multiplayer", and "rpg" in there somewhere lol).
    well, now PL has competitor games, unlike before. O&C as one, there is a minecraft for android phones, upcoming games like WoMidgard, etc...

and since i am probably wrong (mostly opinion/reasoning up there) i'll leave you with this: maybe people are moving on, but people are also joining up. you however usually only notice the ones you know and play with leaving.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sure people come and go, but I wonder if the new comers offset the number of people leaving PL?

Of the 5 of us that started playing PL at roughly the same time, I'm the only one left that still play on a consistent basis. I try to get them to play PL again by helping them leveling up and promising to give them my level 50/55/60 gear when they get there, but even this isn't enough to entice them back into playing PL again.

I asked them whey they aren't playing anymore, and the answer is that as they level up, they need to spend longer and longer grinding the same maps, and it's just too tedious/boring/monotonous for them to continue playing PL...

Anyway, I agree with the OP: it feels like the number of players is slowing dropping off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

PL is so much fun. I love the game and will always play. SL is just a new refreshing thing that is just as much fun to play. Different environment and enemies, different skills, different way to play...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

If it makes ya feel any better I play & enjoy PL and ill always prefer it over SL. I can't get into SL. :/ I love PL, lol.

I'm enjoying playing classical blues on my double bass
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I still love PL. And people will come back when Halloween comes!
    Proud member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I will never give up PL The number of people certainly waxes and wanes but I doubt there will ever be 0 people

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I can't even see many of the Guardians of Alterra. They got contributor shields and now they left. Some guardians are still 55 or 56. lol. It's time for STS to retrieve the shields and redistribute to the new active members.
    Greatjuice (61), Wonderjuice (60), MagicJuice (50), MagicJuiceII (53)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes they are and moving a big update back didnt help. The three people i play with the most quit after finding out mt fang is going to be pushed back till prolly next year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderjuice View Post
    I can't even see many of the Guardians of Alterra. They got contributor shields and now they left. Some guardians are still 55 or 56. lol. It's time for STS to retrieve the shields and redistribute to the new active members.
    Not all GOA have their shields equiped in game, and it doesnt matter that level they are, Im sure you dont gotta be max level to be able to be a GOA, and just because they are not active in game doesnt mean they arnt on the forums. Thats no reason for them to lose their position.
    ------

As for number of ppl playing dropping i dont think this is ture. I'm very sure more new players come each day than player leave for good or for a long period of time. And even so when an event or new level comes out everyone rushes back.

PL is sure to get a lot more players once it hits PC to.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderjuice View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what a GoA is.
    Allow me to 'splain.
    GoAs are HELPFUL members of the pl/sl community. GoAs answer peoples questions; being a goa has nothing to do with leveling; some GoAs have lives, also; meaning they can't devote their whole lives to helping people, and levelling their characters. GoAs did what they had to do, all the shield is for is to show sts's appreciation. Get it?

Oh, and there are MANY goas who still help. I'm friends with a few, and they're usually online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    PL is dieing slowly, focus went to SL, nuri not fun, potions all over add that up and ppl dissapear like myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickz View Post
    Yes they are and moving a big update back didnt help. The three people i play with the most quit after finding out mt fang is going to be pushed back till prolly next year
    Agreed, That's why we call it Mt. Fang , but ppl wanted to push it back. therefore ppl lost money from selling their most prized gears/demonic etc. aka quitting time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl 66 Enchantress,Lvl61Enchantress,Lvl 60 Enchantress,LVl 66 Bear,Lvl 61 Bear Lvl 66 Bird, Lvl 59 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Most of my friends dropped SL and returned to PL. I think it's just different cliques.

Glad Mt Fang got pushed back, lots were threatening to quit with early release.