Thread: Thanks to Bestpuller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Thanks to Bestpuller

Hi! Yesterday I had the privilege of making multiple Haunted symphony runs with a bear with IGN of Bestpuller. It was a pleasure to work with a bear that knew how to manage mobs. And more importantly, told ME how to best support him!!

You see I'm used to running with just one or two others, or with bears who just didn't
    understand how best to use their skills for crowd control. I can stand outside a room not do a single thing and still get aggro. Yeah I tested that observation I get aggro. So I'd gotten used to using elixirs simply as a survival mechanism.

I had read the bear threads, so I knew what a bear should do, but I needed to see it in action in order for me to understand what to look for. I don't know if any of the other party members realized what they were seeing but I sure did.

I ran with Best and didn't get aggro once and learned a lot. I'm taking what I learned from him and explaining it to the bears in my guild. I also told them to do what Best did. Pause long enough to tell the Mage what to do so that you become an effective team. Ie: Bear gathers mob, Mage freezes mob, bear escapes mob, Mage blasts the mob. . . . Mob dead with minimal damage to all concerned.

Now I couldn't tell if Best did anything while he was surrounded so forgive me if I missed a step there but that's what I saw us doing.

If any one here knows Bestpuller (on Sunday he was lvl 60) let him know that Lyrrlynn said THANKS!!!!
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

It's always wonderful running with someone who isn't a scatter bear I started playing as my bear again because I was tired of mobs being sent flying (in a bad way)

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I honestly think that many bears don't understand how important their skills are as part of a team. I'm hoping that with the advent of guilds that some of the more experienced bears will show their junior guild mates how to manage mobs AND tell the others in a party what to do to help them.

All things said and done what I value most was the experience and the education. Im willing to learn and I believe most others are too. We just need to be shown.

Also for anyone that runs with me, if I revive you, stick around for the "heal" that I do right after. :-). IE I WILL stand over the battered corpse of your char to give you a chance to get back on your feet. Save yourself a potion. Though I really do try not to let my bears die. But I may start making an exception for the dreaded scatter bear. LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the chance to run with him a couple days ago as well. Awesome pulling i must say!! Bestpuller lived up to his name. On symphony, every pull was like clockwork.

Flaviano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Yes, perfectly timed. After the third or forth run I knew where he was going to gather the mobs and just waited for him to gather, so I could do my part.