Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plat based maps - Finding a middle ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Plat based maps - Finding a middle ground

In the past, I was one of the supporters of plat based maps, BUT, if a map requires plat or a quest to gain entry, how much is too much or too little?

I think all maps should be free to enter in general with plat purchased entry giving a greater odds of drops or exclusive tradable drops.

Most players would probably agree, entrance to a map requiring plat would be much easier to swallow if it was between 1-5 plat, not 15 or more. It should be worthwhile as well based on the plat spent.

Plat should give an advantage but not make the game exclusive to only the elite. It alienates too much of the ftp base.

If STS goes this route please consider free to enter maps with certain loot tables, and plat based entry gives loot advantages. Like only Arcane weapons drop in plat entry map, for example. It's almost the same as opening a locked crates but with better odds or payouts.

Consider also a plat purchased elixer that gives the ability to drop higher end loot like the Northal elixer did.

What do you guys like or dislike? What is reasonable to you??

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It sounds good I totally agree with this
    But the real question is
    Will STS listen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I'd love to have free access to maps. But since they stated that they want players to go over all of the content for a longer time, I'd settle for doing quests to get token passes.
    Much like the Forgotten Ruins content. It is definitely better than having to run new maps once a day.

I agree with putting better odds for plat access maps but only if it means there more runs are made available for f2p players (thru quests or more free runs).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

If you put better odds in maps or better loot table.. it kinda makes lockeds/farming for lockeds useless.. thus affecting the economy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasterP View Post
    If you put better odds in maps or better loot table.. it kinda makes lockeds/farming for lockeds useless.. thus affecting the economy.
    Very true! STS would have to keep valuable items separate. Certain valuable items in crates to keep them worthwhile and certain items in plat maps to keep it viable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    This exists in pl and it was a great way for ptp players to get rich and leave others in the dust, until the exclusive items saturated the market and killed anyone's reason to pay plat to play those maps.

When locations were only play bought I stopped giving the game any $, until the occupy Arlor event made it also ftp. I'd stop buying plat. The game needs to be a level field as much as possible- this isn't a computer game it's suppose to be a pick up and play whenever.
    You log on and it says "play with anyone anytime" not play if you have money and might run into a friend if they haven't quit and they also will pay.

#NOPLATFORNEWMAPS
    Pls sub my YouTube channel

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Areogor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I hope stats listen to some suggestions , if this will be pay to play maps make some kind of tokens and Tradeable ( sack of tokens ) example cost of sack could be 30 plat that contain 30 tokens but every entry per map requieres 2,3,5 tokens per entry and as the cost of entry is high let us have a better chance to a better loot. But please make this tradable for everyone, even tho im a plat user this will help a lot of players to access new maps. Or you could have the same token idea with spawning a xxxx name of a charaters (boss) that drops only lvl 66 gear : note 3 different maps 3 different bosses that drop specfic gear on each map but with a high rarity but not impossible this will allow you guys to make money on game and have us all happy lol maybe not all happy but if you make it tradable for others it will help a lot. And as a daily quest to play free honestly it would have to be repeatable lets say 2000 mobs 3 tokens. Just and idea.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to andyh0510 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Honestly I'm okay with gating how much we can spam the maps, but not for plat, I'd be happier to see repeatable quests for tokens(non daily), or a timed lockout for how many times we can run per hour, one run per day then having to pay plat to keep going is too harsh IMO

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zojak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Great feedback guys. What about plat purchased entrance tokens or bonus elixers that can be sold in CS? Would that make sense or be more fair?

You could then stock up on entrance tokens with gold and do runs besides the daily quests?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Part of me wishes they just left the plat part as locked crate drops. They didn't need to make the maps plat access only.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Great feedback guys. What about plat purchased entrance tokens or bonus elixers that can be sold in CS? Would that make sense or be more fair?

You could then stock up on entrance tokens with gold and do runs besides the daily quests?
    wouldn't make sense imo since we'd be spending more gold than we make in the maps probably on tokens. its okay for event maps but for a normal expansion map the whole plat needed to enter makes zero sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

True Dat bro it seems sts is wanting us to buy plat by making them have to pay plat to enter map, honestly i dont think ppl will now spend plat to enter the new maps Plat buyers are rewarded not everyone has enough money to get u ur pay at work. No offense to sts but this is gotten everyone to think plat spenders are the rewarded. Keep everything simple. Why not make ppl pay 10k gold to enter map if ur wanting to somehow get rid of gold in a economy as it is spilling in. Let the players that downloaded this free game have free access to maps, they already put through greef trying to level to 61.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

This new expansion will just be a giant energy event. I was so looking forward to it but I'm now meh.

And...if I read it right, XP gains are in these maps too ? So you gotta plat to XP too ?
    Trying to gain XP running once a day is gonna take us forever to level. I know there's XP kits but they where created to give us a boost in levelling. I dunno, this new expansion doesn't really make me that enthusiastic to play. #mandown
    Last edited by Terminhater; 06-28-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I think if we continue to give suggestions on what we are willing to pay to play or not pay Sts will listen and adjust accordingly.

Don't forget about the whole housing crisis with rent, lol. Yeah, remember when we had to pay rent for our houses!! STS took huge steps to make us happy there, so keep the suggestions rolling!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    I think if we continue to give suggestions on what we are willing to pay to play or not pay Sts will listen and adjust accordingly.

Don't forget about the whole housing crisis with rent, lol. Yeah, remember when we had to pay rent for our houses!! STS took huge steps to make us happy there, so keep the suggestions rolling!!
    This is an excellent point and to the credit of sts, they did listen to us back then, so ty!, but this new expansion as described, it is flawed for a free to play game, and will lead to less activity

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zojak View Post
    Honestly I'm okay with gating how much we can spam the maps, but not for plat, I'd be happier to see repeatable quests for tokens(non daily), or a timed lockout for how many times we can run per hour, one run per day then having to pay plat to keep going is too harsh IMO
    + a lot, i agree,

my first post "cant wait" in the original expansion thread, I didnt read down far enough to the area where it said, "quest one daily". I can't wait for expansion, but, I can wait for pay to play. I love this game, and have made many friends, and have had tons of fun, but i fear for those who cant afford to spend plat on multiple accesses to the new maps, i fear they will hang up their gear on their way out in happy trails.

Can their be a compromise for the f2p players? I have had pms tonight from some f2p and p2p friends, all are unhappy with what was originally posted in the expansion preview.

Thanks for reading,

Ava
    Avy
    12-2012

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I wanna point out too all players that STS do listen to us and that's why they delayed the expansion till next week. Like many, I was unhappy about limitations on running a map once a day but I personally believe this expansion should not be like artifact type map. This is my first experience of expansion since I started playing AL and I don't want it to be running once a day. I understand STS wants the map to last long and that's great but people have a natural tendency to finish so we rush to farm and stuff. If they really wanted expansion to last longer then they should design the expansion in a better fashion rather than limit gameplay or extended it by plat. Why do repeatable quest on expansion when we already have that on artifact? Isn't expansion meant to bring something new rather than change 1 hour repeatable quest to 1 day repeatable quest? I believe all maps should be free access but since AL is also a business; I understand premium dungeons. Also I don't agree with energy kits for expansion because that's for events and expansion is not an event. Maybe they can implement events for the 14 player raid at 66 but not the maps. It would be better if dungeon 61-65 were unrestricted and 66 raid was energy based or plat based to do the raid there. But overall, I am glad the expansion was delayed to reconsider the original direction and plan for expansion. No daily repeatable quest please for 6 months thank you. Not all of us have that kind of commitment and would prefer it to be fun rather than an everyday chore.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

There was a very cool mmo for mobile devices. It was like a Warcraft clone but without dungeons. Everyone in community was anticipating for the dungeons to be added in game. After some months dungeons came out with an energy bar. When you enter the dungeon energy was emptying and when was empty you couldn’t enter again. You had to pay plats to enter again. So f2p players could enter only two times a day if they had a good party and made a good run before their energy bar goes down. Guess what…. After little time players started to leave…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I think one plat entry map is enough maybe buff arc artifact to make more people wanna run forgotten ruins with plat? And leave new maps free entry. Another idea would be to add something like cryo hunter elix (bought with plat) for new maps that would give you better chance to loot something good in new maps.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

28.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We're listening, and considering options while we polish the expansion. Appreciate the helpful suggestions, as usual deleting salty rants.

Keep it positive yo!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: