Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plat based maps - Finding a middle ground

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I do not get why everyone complain after the little info was given. We could have new cap in just a few hours, now we wait another week.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illwilly View Post
    I do not get why everyone complain after the little info was given. We could have new cap in just a few hours, now we wait another week.
    One run per day for free sounds like an expansion to you?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Personally I'm not against the limitation to the map's access. It's probably because I'm a casual player, I'd be kinda fine with one run per day (yes, you can use that against me, but hear me out). But to put it in the devs' perspective, no one would want to work hard on an area, just to have people get bored of it in a couple months. I kinda understand that. We always crave for new things (see the "we need new vanities, not recolors" threads), or things that are hard to get (that's what farming is about). I feel like we, as humans, can enjoy the anticipation, the hype, just as much, if not more, than the action itself.
    With just one run per day, I'm sure we will all enjoy that one run a lot more than our 20th, 30th run of the day.
    AL won't die because you can't play ONE expansion constantly.
    Hell, I've seen people expressively wishing they could run Mausoleum forever.

Now, if the purpose of the limited access is to preserve our enjoyment of the expansion's contents, I think it'd also make sense to limit the amount of platinum-purchased entries, as well. Of course, being a premium feature, it should allow the p2p player to run a few more than the f2p one... But not infinite. Maybe let them run at most five times as much as freemium users. I think that'd satisfy the farmers who don't want plat players to dominate the lvl 66 market.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vvildfire For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

For me the whole point of using plat is so I don't have to do PvE. If I am being forced to use plat just to PvE, it is more likely for me to simply stop using plat.

This is not a threat, just the viewpoint of someone who uses plat solely so they do not have to grind for gold in PvE.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    For me the whole point of using plat is so I don't have to do PvE. If I am being forced to use plat just to PvE, it is more likely for me to simply stop using plat.

This is not a threat, just the viewpoint of someone who uses plat solely so they do not have to grind for gold in PvE.
    I actually love this point. When I asked for a plat based map I thought of it as being a map that is easy and short, a total funfest! Imagine running through a map killing mummies made of gold and when they die they explode dropping gold and loot (sometimes very little and sometimes very rarely, jackpot!)

Paying plat should make something easy or instant otherwise there is less motivation to pay.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    This new expansion will just be a giant energy event. I was so looking forward to it but I'm now meh.

And...if I read it right, XP gains are in these maps too ? So you gotta plat to XP too ?
    Trying to gain XP running once a day is gonna take us forever to level. I know there's XP kits but they where created to give us a boost in levelling. I dunno, this new expansion doesn't really make me that enthusiastic to play. #mandown
    To level up fast you can do the 4 daily quests in Shayal maps and 1 daily in Nordr's 1st map. If I remember corectly each one of them gives you 600xp. So 5x600 every day will help you a lot. That's how I level up since lv41 cap ! Every level will be about ~15k xp I believe (except lv66 which is always far more )

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bmlty View Post
    One run per day for free sounds like an expansion to you?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
    Not really, but how can you be so sure that was for all maps, maby it was other maps to, they said what they told was just some of what to come. It might even be 5 dailys or a daily for each previous zone and even hourly or repetable like glintstone 90 elite orcs.. but all had to complain on a hint..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Bring back fun of this game! It's become just business for u sts team in moust dirty tradition yo, u annonced more and more plat based things, crates/instant store crates s ok awakes...ok but now u take the biggest fun option for players, f2p, pve, farming etc, and this players is more then 60% of arlor land I belive, so just don't loose them. I hope u will close this season, push out new expansion cause moust players are bored of old content.
    P.s will appreciate if u bring back old good tradition of seasonal vanity set like it was back at time for Kraken Nordr and Tindirin expansions, also will be op if u can made special timed banner for crypts tombs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mathod For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vvildfire View Post
    Personally I'm not against the limitation to the map's access. It's probably because I'm a casual player, I'd be kinda fine with one run per day (yes, you can use that against me, but hear me out). But to put it in the devs' perspective, no one would want to work hard on an area, just to have people get bored of it in a couple months. I kinda understand that. We always crave for new things (see the "we need new vanities, not recolors" threads), or things that are hard to get (that's what farming is about). I feel like we, as humans, can enjoy the anticipation, the hype, just as much, if not more, than the action itself.
    With just one run per day, I'm sure we will all enjoy that one run a lot more than our 20th, 30th run of the day.
    AL won't die because you can't play ONE expansion constantly.
    Hell, I've seen people expressively wishing they could run Mausoleum forever.

Now, if the purpose of the limited access is to preserve our enjoyment of the expansion's contents, I think it'd also make sense to limit the amount of platinum-purchased entries, as well. Of course, being a premium feature, it should allow the p2p player to run a few more than the f2p one... But not infinite. Maybe let them run at most five times as much as freemium users. I think that'd satisfy the farmers who don't want plat players to dominate the lvl 66 market.
    If maps r designed with good concept , people keep playing them .. check elite king n cryo chamber.. they r more then year old and still fully active..

Making a free entry twice or thrice isnt deal.. wisdom of playing expansion is main thing..
    If farmers want more chances they will simply make more toons copy of there main.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drannak View Post
    To level up fast you can do the 4 daily quests in Shayal maps and 1 daily in Nordr's 1st map. If I remember corectly each one of them gives you 600xp. So 5x600 every day will help you a lot. That's how I level up since lv41 cap ! Every level will be about ~15k xp I believe (except lv66 which is always far more )
    Its already 20k+ xp for 62.. it will go to approx 25-28k for 66

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

After the 1rst month of excitement about the new expansion people will start to buy elite awakening gems (5 plats) again instead of the access . Personally I better stay to mausoleum 5-6 and farm it for ever to loot scales (price gone up again due to the useful voice set ) and massive twilight crates. I hate the limitation of one entry per day .....and then pay if you want more... STS wants to take back the gold from mausoleum expansion right ?! So make us pay gold to enter each new map.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I think the best example of the way a plat based map should be was the mines of Nordr. It allowed us to fight the 5 bosses of the nordr expansion without having to kill the mobs. Back then, this was a huge help as the only worthwhile loot came from bosses. Plat provided a huge shortcut, which is the way it should be IMO.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Its already 20k+ xp for 62.. it will go to approx 25-28k for 66
    I don't have a problem with the 25k exp. I'll still use the same method with the 3600 per day (since they allow us to run only 1 time per day the new maps). I'll also keep running mauso and I'll gain some exp there too. That's my plan 😊

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

When I think about previous expansions way in the past where there were normal maps and very difficult elite maps of the same version things worked so so well. I can't help but think why was that abandoned? I understand that STG do not want us to burn through all the content so fast but there is a very very easy solution to that. Release legendary gear in stages with the first set of legendary gear only slightly more powerful then previous cap gear. Then slowly introduce new gear in stages through out the season that is only slightly more powerful than the previous will continue to spark interest to run these elite maps throughout the season. Combine the luck based and grind base system of loot. Have some gear that is luck based to drop and one set of gear that is grind based that takes alot of running and crafting. The drop rate for luck base loot should be low to help maintain its value. And of course once its value is lost new items will be added to map so it won't really matter. Give plat users more advantage by allowing them to play the same map but this plat bought map has higher drop rate of items. Continue to put arcane items that are most powerful in crates to make plat users pop open crates. One suggestion of these arcane items in crates especially weapons is you guys need to make the drop rate slightly lower so that the prices don't drop too fast and flood the market. Older arcane weapon drop rate (arcane maul for example) was too rare but the more recent arcane weapon drop rate (arcane dragon sword for example) was just too high and it flooded the market. Somewhere in between would be great.

The biggest problem last expansion is that stg released such powerful legendary weapons right away and the drop rate of these legendary weapons were so high. It lost its value so fast. Also do not allow mobs to drop these new weapons/items cuz the drop rate gets too high and out of control. In addition these legendary weapons were so powerful it made the mythic weapons really unworthy and no one really wanted to farm for them. So start out slower this time with legendary weapon release. Make them only slightly more powerful than previous cap legendary and slowly release new and slightly more powerful items throughout the season. That is key in my opinion. New and better weapons/items is what drives this game. People will always be willing to run any darn map if there is prospect for them to get better gear and improve their stats.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 06-29-2017 at 04:33 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Best solution i've heard so far is to allow all coins from every map (hauntlet cryo glint story) to be an entrance fee along with plat.

keep it free to run maps. I want to play the game, why stop me? A plat entrance fee won't result in me buying more plat-
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 06-29-2017 at 08:38 PM.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

U guy know there is kids playing who can't buy plat and there is players who play and they can't buy plat also cuz they have no enough money so I think the map being free is the best thing we play game to have fun together we don't wanna lose players plz sts make it free for those who can't buy plat u are the best sts .
    GOT LOYALTY , GOT ROYALTY IN MY DNA .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Let economic principles lead the way or you'll end up with a big fat nothingburger, like many previous plat schemes. Sure, introducing plat for map entry might generate additional revenue, but what other effects might it have?

It will reduce game activity, which is critical for a socially-driven game... unless you're going away from that model? Plat for map entry is a heavy lean toward the pay for play model.

I don't think ya'll are extracting enough value from your free gamers, the social networking is what would ultimately bring paying customers back to the game. Try to see things from that perspective... people want to have a good time and they want to use plat for shortcuts, boosts, power ups, like Kingofninjas is saying.

Your on-the-fly plat products are way overpriced, why such resistance to lowering prices? Lemme have a conversation with whomever is driving high prices behind the scenes! It's a terrible model because it targets your upper class wealthy demographic and leaves the middle class in the dust. When you permanently lose your middle class you will be permanently sunk.

If you force plat for map entry on the community it'll create significant negativity, thus harming revenue. I think you're looking at a revenue wash or worse if you go ahead and implement. Maybe I'm wrong because you've got the super secret ninja scrolls of game stats that says otherwise, but... ya know.
    Last edited by Niixed; 07-01-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Let economic principles lead the way or you'll end up with a big fat nothingburger, like many previous plat schemes. Sure, introducing plat for map entry might generate additional revenue, but what other effects might it have?

It will reduce game activity, which is critical for a socially-driven game... unless you're going away from that model? Plat for map entry is a heavy lean toward the pay for play model.

I don't think ya'll are extracting enough value from your free gamers, the social networking is what would ultimately bring paying customers back to the game. Try to see things from that perspective... people want to have a good time and they want to use plat for shortcuts, boosts, power ups, like Kingofninjas is saying.

Your on-the-fly plat products are way overpriced, why such resistance to lowering prices? Lemme have a conversation with whomever is driving high prices behind the scenes! It's a terrible model because it targets your upper class wealthy demographic and leaves the middle class in the dust. When you permanently lose your middle class you will be permanently sunk.

If you force plat for map entry on the community it'll create significant negativity, thus harming revenue. I think you're looking at a revenue wash or worse if you go ahead and implement. Maybe I'm wrong because you've got the super secret ninja scrolls of game stats that says otherwise, but... ya know.
    Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

this guy knows whats up, well said well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I came out of my slumber both on the forums and in game to support this ^^

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post: