Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plat based maps - Finding a middle ground

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Let economic principles lead the way or you'll end up with a big fat nothingburger, like many previous plat schemes. Sure, introducing plat for map entry might generate additional revenue, but what other effects might it have?

It will reduce game activity, which is critical for a socially-driven game... unless you're going away from that model? Plat for map entry is a heavy lean toward the pay for play model.

I don't think ya'll are extracting enough value from your free gamers, the social networking is what would ultimately bring paying customers back to the game. Try to see things from that perspective... people want to have a good time and they want to use plat for shortcuts, boosts, power ups, like Kingofninjas is saying.

Your on-the-fly plat products are way overpriced, why such resistance to lowering prices? Lemme have a conversation with whomever is driving high prices behind the scenes! It's a terrible model because it targets your upper class wealthy demographic and leaves the middle class in the dust. When you permanently lose your middle class you will be permanently sunk.

If you force plat for map entry on the community it'll create significant negativity, thus harming revenue. I think you're looking at a revenue wash or worse if you go ahead and implement. Maybe I'm wrong because you've got the super secret ninja scrolls of game stats that says otherwise, but... ya know.
    Last edited by Niixed; 07-01-2017 at 05:28 AM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post
    Let economic principles lead the way or you'll end up with a big fat nothingburger, like many previous plat schemes. Sure, introducing plat for map entry might generate additional revenue, but what other effects might it have?

It will reduce game activity, which is critical for a socially-driven game... unless you're going away from that model? Plat for map entry is a heavy lean toward the pay for play model.

I don't think ya'll are extracting enough value from your free gamers, the social networking is what would ultimately bring paying customers back to the game. Try to see things from that perspective... people want to have a good time and they want to use plat for shortcuts, boosts, power ups, like Kingofninjas is saying.

Your on-the-fly plat products are way overpriced, why such resistance to lowering prices? Lemme have a conversation with whomever is driving high prices behind the scenes! It's a terrible model because it targets your upper class wealthy demographic and leaves the middle class in the dust. When you permanently lose your middle class you will be permanently sunk.

If you force plat for map entry on the community it'll create significant negativity, thus harming revenue. I think you're looking at a revenue wash or worse if you go ahead and implement. Maybe I'm wrong because you've got the super secret ninja scrolls of game stats that says otherwise, but... ya know.
    this guy knows whats up, well said well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niixed View Post

I came out of my slumber both on the forums and in game to support this ^^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post: