Thread: Hey! PL alive?! I appreciate every asnwer:)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Hey! PL alive?! I appreciate every asnwer:)

Hey,
    I'm a long experienced Arcane Legends player. However this game became pay to win lately and it is not my type.
    I was planning on moving to PL but before I'd do that I got few questions. ( By the way i already have Character there with lvl 15)

Questions:
    1. Is this game pay to win? I'm pure farmer and I'm hardworker so this is very important to me if game have farmable stuff that worth its effort.

2. Which classes are useful?

3. How long it takes to get max lvl?

4. PvP.. for fun but I do! How is PvP in PL?

5. Items and gear. Can anyone explain to me if there is some kind of stuff like gems, awakens as in AL?

6. Is game active at all?

So far that's all I'd like to know

I appreciate every answer

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Feeling; 07-08-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Ill try to answer every question as unbiased as i can.
    1. Pay to win for the current 100 cap? Yes and no. You can do it free it would just take a few days to do depending on elixers. Paying gives a high advantage though.
    2. Most useful class to farm is mage or bird. Bear is good to but not as useful in pve but is very good at lvl 100 pvp.
    3. To get max level it purely depends on if you have elixers or pets etc cant really answer that question.
    4. Pvp is well. In my eyes broken. Level 100 can pvp against level 1. So currently twinking is dead at almost every level. And trust me there were ALOT of pvp levels before.
    5. Not sure what that means but you mainly drop gear from enemies bosses etc. Or you can craft some of it with dropped recipes and materials.
    6. Yes it is active. But it seems to be going down hill because of the pvp changes i mentioned already.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

1. The game is not pay to win. I rarely purchase anything from this game (which is why I'm really in no position to ask STS for any updates – but it's why I love you guys). Plat is really only useful for leveling up quickly (elixirs). Even then, most players have access to the free-plat offers. But as for items that are farmable, I will say that there isn't a whole plethora of rare items to farm at the moment. There are very rare items in game that are non-farmable but are generally regarded as fun to acquire through farming, merching, etc. Recently, many players have been requesting for new, rare vanities. So hopefully down the road we see some of that!

2. Depends what you want. For PvE sake, I'd go with mage or bird just because they have great AOE damage (allowing you to level quicker). If you get to level 100, every class is viable with PvE and PvP.

3. Really depends on whether or not you choose to use elixirs/buy pets. It can take a day or two; otherwise it might take a long time to level up solo.

4. PvP is what keeps me playing this game. Endgame is a ton of fun if you find the right people to play with. You will run into some selfish, annoying attitudes here and there, but for the most part the community is kind. I could go on and on about PvP, so feel free to ask me any specific questions about it. But it's worth trying out!

5. There are no gems/awakens as in AL. All the items that are available can be farmed, with the exception of rings/pets/vanities/customizable faces. The closest things to gems/awakens might be the items required for crafting. Some maps drop item recipes which can be used to craft a stronger item.

6. I believe the game is fairly active at endgame for the most part. If you decide to take the long way up for leveling, be prepared to play some games solo. The players who were at the last few caps have stayed (which is why the endgame community is prevalent), but it can be tricky for newer players to find games with others when leveling. Get to endgame, and you can find an active community.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

1) No, the game isn't pay2win. If you pay though, you normally get stuff easier/earlier than everyone else when updates come out. But this stuff is normally released to ftp players to obtain shortly thereafter.

2) In PVE, I would say that mages and birds are the greatest for killing mobs and producing the most dmg output. Bears and rhinos are not as great in PVE because there's not a huge need for tanking or crowd control and they're melee. As for PVP, I would say that every class with the exception of possibly foxes can do well in the arena and can fulfill a purpose.

If it's your first time playing, I would go for one of the original 3 main classes (bird, mage, or bear). These classes have been very consistent in being good over the course of the game's history. Foxes and rhinos have fluctuated between being good to not so good over their time in the game so I would say they are inconsistent, although they haven't been in the game for nearly as long as the three original classes.

3) Depends on elixirs/pets/how much luck you have with orbs. There's no definitive answer unless you provide info about what you plan on using and even then, luck comes into play with the xp drops.

4) It's fun (at endgame). The 1v1s aren't that good because when two good players are fighting one another, it mainly comes down to dodge, but team battles are great.

5) No idea what this is because I've never played AL actively, so I cannot comment. Sorry.

6) Yeah. Over time, the endgame community will become more and more active because there will be more people who reach level 100. At the previous level cap, it was insanely easy to level to endgame and as a result, there were tons of capped players. This resulted in many PVE and PVP games to join. It's not as easy as it previously was last cap which is why there aren't as many games available at a given time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Feel free to add me ingame (Blyzzor, Blyzzir, Guardian) I can help any advice and information on this game from A to Z. (Pm me or let me know you've added me as I don't add randoms in this game).
    Last edited by Blyzzor; 07-08-2017 at 04:23 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blyzzor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

1. Its not pay to win anymore previous updates it might have slightly been buts its changed now.
    2. If your mainly into PvE i guess bird or mage is best because of dmg or healing then bear for great ability to stay alive.
    3. To get to level 1-85 will be fast good 6 hours or so? Give or take about your luck but you will need a oktal pet if you got a good friend that will let you borrow then 85 to 100 will be grimy if your not planning on using plat will being time consuming.
    4. PvP is fun at endgame really enjoyable but if your a low level you might get interrupted by 100's killing you because PL doesn't have level restrictions anymore. You can always host private locked games or public and just boot though.
    5. Easy ive played AL before then quit came back PL nothing like that in PL just gold and platinum is all you need sure there is crafting but its not hard to do.
    6. Every update PL gets more active again Pl is very active atm but depends on your time zone sometimes people are sleeping (;

ELITE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 3pc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Ill try to answer every question as unbiased as i can.
    1. Pay to win for the current 100 cap? Yes and no. You can do it free it would just take a few days to do depending on elixers. Paying gives a high advantage though.
    2. Most useful class to farm is mage or bird. Bear is good to but not as useful in pve but is very good at lvl 100 pvp.
    3. To get max level it purely depends on if you have elixers or pets etc cant really answer that question.
    4. Pvp is well. In my eyes broken. Level 100 can pvp against level 1. So currently twinking is dead at almost every level. And trust me there were ALOT of pvp levels before.
    5. Not sure what that means but you mainly drop gear from enemies bosses etc. Or you can craft some of it with dropped recipes and materials.
    6. Yes it is active. But it seems to be going down hill because of the pvp changes i mentioned already.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    1. The game is not pay to win. I rarely purchase anything from this game (which is why I'm really in no position to ask STS for any updates – but it's why I love you guys). Plat is really only useful for leveling up quickly (elixirs). Even then, most players have access to the free-plat offers. But as for items that are farmable, I will say that there isn't a whole plethora of rare items to farm at the moment. There are very rare items in game that are non-farmable but are generally regarded as fun to acquire through farming, merching, etc. Recently, many players have been requesting for new, rare vanities. So hopefully down the road we see some of that!

2. Depends what you want. For PvE sake, I'd go with mage or bird just because they have great AOE damage (allowing you to level quicker). If you get to level 100, every class is viable with PvE and PvP.

3. Really depends on whether or not you choose to use elixirs/buy pets. It can take a day or two; otherwise it might take a long time to level up solo.

4. PvP is what keeps me playing this game. Endgame is a ton of fun if you find the right people to play with. You will run into some selfish, annoying attitudes here and there, but for the most part the community is kind. I could go on and on about PvP, so feel free to ask me any specific questions about it. But it's worth trying out!

5. There are no gems/awakens as in AL. All the items that are available can be farmed, with the exception of rings/pets/vanities/customizable faces. The closest things to gems/awakens might be the items required for crafting. Some maps drop item recipes which can be used to craft a stronger item.

6. I believe the game is fairly active at endgame for the most part. If you decide to take the long way up for leveling, be prepared to play some games solo. The players who were at the last few caps have stayed (which is why the endgame community is prevalent), but it can be tricky for newer players to find games with others when leveling. Get to endgame, and you can find an active community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    1) No, the game isn't pay2win. If you pay though, you normally get stuff easier/earlier than everyone else when updates come out. But this stuff is normally released to ftp players to obtain shortly thereafter.

2) In PVE, I would say that mages and birds are the greatest for killing mobs and producing the most dmg output. Bears and rhinos are not as great in PVE because there's not a huge need for tanking or crowd control and they're melee. As for PVP, I would say that every class with the exception of possibly foxes can do well in the arena and can fulfill a purpose.

If it's your first time playing, I would go for one of the original 3 main classes (bird, mage, or bear). These classes have been very consistent in being good over the course of the game's history. Foxes and rhinos have fluctuated between being good to not so good over their time in the game so I would say they are inconsistent, although they haven't been in the game for nearly as long as the three original classes.

3) Depends on elixirs/pets/how much luck you have with orbs. There's no definitive answer unless you provide info about what you plan on using and even then, luck comes into play with the xp drops.

4) It's fun (at endgame). The 1v1s aren't that good because when two good players are fighting one another, it mainly comes down to dodge, but team battles are great.

5) No idea what this is because I've never played AL actively, so I cannot comment. Sorry.

6) Yeah. Over time, the endgame community will become more and more active because there will be more people who reach level 100. At the previous level cap, it was insanely easy to level to endgame and as a result, there were tons of capped players. This resulted in many PVE and PVP games to join. It's not as easy as it previously was last cap which is why there aren't as many games available at a given time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyzzor View Post
    Feel free to add me ingame (Blyzzor, Blyzzir, Guardian) I can help any advice and information on this game from A to Z. (Pm me or let me know you've added me as I don't add randoms in this game).
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    1. Its not pay to win anymore previous updates it might have slightly been buts its changed now.
    2. If your mainly into PvE i guess bird or mage is best because of dmg or healing then bear for great ability to stay alive.
    3. To get to level 1-85 will be fast good 6 hours or so? Give or take about your luck but you will need a oktal pet if you got a good friend that will let you borrow then 85 to 100 will be grimy if your not planning on using plat will being time consuming.
    4. PvP is fun at endgame really enjoyable but if your a low level you might get interrupted by 100's killing you because PL doesn't have level restrictions anymore. You can always host private locked games or public and just boot though.
    5. Easy ive played AL before then quit came back PL nothing like that in PL just gold and platinum is all you need sure there is crafting but its not hard to do.
    6. Every update PL gets more active again Pl is very active atm but depends on your time zone sometimes people are sleeping (;
    Thank you guys so much for asnwers!
    I'm going on holidays this week but after I come back I'll try PL for sure!

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

This is a game that you will gradually fall in love with. It doesn't grab you immediately, so be patient!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    This is a game that you will gradually fall in love with. It doesn't grab you immediately, so be patient!
    The ancient Egyptians said in their ancient hieroglyphs:

"Pocket Legends is a game that ruins your life and destroys your sense of value. After some time, those under its spell become one with the Pocket... Beware of the insanity!"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post: