Thread: Fantastic Idea. Worth reading!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Hmm using shapes for casting is a novel idea for mmorpgs, but there are a thousand other such gameplay mechanics that can be incorporated into DL, and wont necessarily work better than the regular set of controls that we are familiar with... just tapping the enemies and choosing what to cast requires skill enough without having to trace a shape for drawing. The idea is great for touch screen games in general, but just seems a little too gimmicky for this format of game. Anyway, thats just my opinion sorry for the negative comment, maybe this is a great idea for a boss fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Hmm using shapes for casting is a novel idea for mmorpgs, but there are a thousand other such gameplay mechanics that can be incorporated into DL, and wont necessarily work better than the regular set of controls that we are familiar with... just tapping the enemies and choosing what to cast requires skill enough without having to trace a shape for drawing. The idea is great for touch screen games in general, but just seems a little too gimmicky for this format of game. Anyway, thats just my opinion sorry for the negative comment, maybe this is a great idea for a boss fight.
    Keep in mind that I was not hinting that the current skill system is bad or not enough in any way. I simply think that with a bith of tweaking, this could be very unique

Quote Originally Posted by Trollee View Post
    I like the idea a lot!
    Reminds me a lot of a Star Wars game I once played where you had to swype certain patterns to use different force moves...Hmm...
    Nonetheless, this would allow a lot more variance between the skilled players and the not-so-skilled players.
    +1 =]
    Thankyou
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    Yeah like 100 new people join these games a day. Maybe the game should let you do PVP once you complete the first level or something,
    Good idea, maybe you should only be able to PvP at lvl 10. As it could take a while to learn the ropes

Quote Originally Posted by ExperimentNebulaCore View Post
    Not everyone has multi touch and not all multi touch works well like mine. But the idea is beast. Keep it coming!
    The move mentioned was just an example, no need for multi touch
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja