Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nightmare Set Nerf?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    On Thursday we will push out a hotfix that makes the set bonuses only apply in Nightmare, Dreamscape, and Somberholt zones. Official word.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alxe View Post
    Not like sts realised the set is too strong and are abt to nerf the stat..if its not intended to work everywhere its a fix. I mean to be honest when i first heard there is a set i was like oh its prolly gonna work in maus+new maps..*find out it works everywhere* WHAT?! I mean the strongest set in the game shouldnt work everywhere and be obtainable so easily..i already see 5-6 ppl in towns useing it..and its not even 1 week in the expansion, i think no set should work in pvp. But if nightmare gonna work in all pve maps i would want voice/banished to work like that aswell, why is the farm-able hard to get set works in limited maps?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    I think if you had an idea about how much some of us spent for plat to pop those crates you may not call it easy. I have banished and anti set as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    I think if you had an idea about how much some of us spent for plat to pop those crates you may not call it easy. I have banished and anti set as well.

Yes, i do have an idea i know many who poped locks. In abt 1-2k plat they made 30-40m which is preety much enough to buy the set. By "easy" i ment you dont have to spend months farming the ingridients you simply open locks weither u got the set pieces or weapons you gonna get the set in couple days

an alxe

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

sold my gear for no reason..so due to to this monumental error in judgment, by rolling out an expansion with out making sure on such major aspects of the game, anyway we can compensation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Nightmare Set Nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by alxe View Post
    Yes, i do have an idea i know many who poped locks. In abt 1-2k plat they made 30-40m which is preety much enough to buy the set. By "easy" i ment you dont have to spend months farming the ingridients you simply open locks weither u got the set pieces or weapons you gonna get the set in couple days

Yeah buddy a lot of us are more in the range of that in usd. Not plat.

The issue for me isn't this isolated. Whether it be an event or expansion or before the antignome amulets were tradable i feel like the people that give the new content an economical boost are punished. Like another poster here i sold my gear as this was known early that the set worked everywhere. Now I'm with a set that I don't even know the stats of until Thursday lol. I've had numerous issues like this. It's frustrating.

Last edited by Kriticality; 07-11-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

On Thursday we will push out a hotfix that makes the set bonuses only apply in Nightmare, Dreamscape, and Somberholt zones. Official word.
    Speed sets and Arcane armor just went back up xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think this was expected. Most people will still attempt to get L66 items when they are L66.

Star light, star bright...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Love u justg xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It's fair enough that this was not intended but my only wish is for new gears to be released to phase out others. As it stands people will go back to the arcane ring + arcane amulet or the haste set. As well as the new belt, armor, helm and gun lacking crit it gives players the idea to certainly go back to the level 61 arcane armor and 61 belt.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Btw all timed runs should be reset aswell. as people have used the bugged set to do runs. Any help for people who sold arcane armors etc?@justg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Selling gears isnt sts issue.i mean cmon people chose to sell gears because they thought a set, which is insanely OP, was going to be allowed in pvp lol.....compensation because selling ones gear to go after a set that is obviously going to be FIX(not nerfed) im pretty sure most that sold gear thought they could run around like gods in pvp.that makes no sense to me.how many people iv seen who got upset because they just got arcane armor and new balanced weps/speed sets and then this set comes along and just takes a major poo on all that gear.i dont mean to sound rude but cmon use common sense guys it was going to be fixed. People here have gotten waaaaay to comfortable with Sts giving compensation for ignorance.

Sts has enough problems to deal with without catering to this sillyness.think how they feel already with everyone bein so mean about the expansion. Why would they wanna give compensation for all the complaining? Most of it isnt even helpful on how to help fix some of the issues just straight complaining. Yes the expansion was a lil different but hey u never know how things will turn out till you try. At least sts is trying different things.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Selling gears isnt sts issue.i mean cmon people chose to sell gears because they thought a set, which is insanely OP, was going to be allowed in pvp lol.....compensation because selling ones gear to go after a set that is obviously going to be FIX(not nerfed) im pretty sure most that sold gear thought they could run around like gods in pvp.that makes no sense to me.how many people iv seen who got upset because they just got arcane armor and new balanced weps/speed sets and then this set comes along and just takes a major poo on all that gear.i dont mean to sound rude but cmon use common sense guys it was going to be fixed. People here have gotten waaaaay to comfortable with Sts giving compensation for ignorance.

Sts has enough problems to deal with without catering to this sillyness.think how they feel already with everyone bein so mean about the expansion. Why would they wanna give compensation for all the complaining? Most of it isnt even helpful on how to help fix some of the issues just straight complaining. Yes the expansion was a lil different but hey u never know how things will turn out till you try. At least sts is trying different things.
    Preach✌
    //11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

1) I don't think any regional set should get its buff overall and in pvp. We have been at this single setup for far too long with the mythic set. No event or new gear could reach it.
    2) This has also huge implications for PVP and LB (Elite Aps...)
    3) While i agree with Spell i don't want to let sts off the hook so fast and easy: The Banished and Voice of Order gear has disclaimers about where the buff applies in the information dialog. The Nightmare dialog shows no such restriction. Is there any restriction mentioned in the announcement? Otherwise a case could be made indeed for the pvp players who sold their gear imho.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

From what I see, while I believe STS is legally covered by the Terms of Sevice as far as changing game content as they please, I am very opposed to changing the game in manners that abruptly change the market, causing players to "waste" their real life currency on something that becomes worthless, due to a developer's mistake.

I don't see is a a professional thing to punish players in attempts to fix such a mistake, and I am for the idea of compensation (even though I wasn't personally affected). However, I also believe it to be a very hard to thing to do in tracking who all the victims are in this situation.

I think it would be appropriate to have a productive discussion between the community and developers in this thread, as JustG mentioned he appreciates.

(And to those that are angry, and maybe deserve to be, let's have a reasonable discussion without emotions, please).

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I wonder the scale and the bar price was dropped a lot when nightmare set release...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Look, it's hard to not be emotional about this change. However, I consider myself to be reasonable and a huge Sts supporter. That being said this was a pretty big misstep. More so than other mistakes in the past that didn't really cost players much gold or plat, just overall frustration.

I don't see any way players can be compensated for this because every player lost in different ways but it would be nice. I purchased the voice set when exp launched then found out nightmare works in all maps and promptly sold the voice set taking about a 4 million loss. So it was pretty frustrating to have the communication and handling of this new set be so poor on Sts part.

Again this is why I hate set items that only work in certain maps. I have hated map specific sets since the beginning but it is what it is I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasterP View Post
    Btw all timed runs should be reset aswell. as people have used the bugged set to do runs. Any help for people who sold arcane armors etc?@justg
    Selling ur Arcane Armor is your own decision, not the one of STS..

As far as I know you van controll your own brain and your own body.. unless you have some terminal desease, which you don't have I guess...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to runagain For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Excuse me bro? Watch your language and your tone please. And do not mention things like terminal diseases as a joke. Btw you should keep quiet as we got you a timed banner. So watch what you say runny.. I sold my armor in the pretence that sts had made the new nightmare set to work in all zones. Suddenly its "oh sorry its not meant to work in all zones" now did my brain make the expansion? Did my brain make the new set work in all zones?? No. So whose fault is it.? Ask yourself that question before speaking.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MasterP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MasterP View Post
    Excuse me bro? Watch your language and your tone please. And do not mention things like terminal diseases as a joke. Btw you should keep quiet as we got you a timed banner. So watch what you say runny.. I sold my armor in the pretence that sts had made the new nightmare set to work in all zones. Suddenly its "oh sorry its not meant to work in all zones" now did my brain make the expansion? Did my brain make the new set work in all zones?? No. So whose fault is it.? Ask yourself that question before speaking.
    In first Life isn't a ponycamp, secondly I got asked to run timeds because you had a lack of banners. And the last it's a gamble you take, no need to be salty.

And if I didn't joined nutella, your guild would lack 4 banners, better watch what you're saying before you reply anything =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Haven't seen good endgame drama thread in a while

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Feeling For This Useful Post: