Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you like the new expansion so far?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I'm only 70k or so away from capping, and so far from what I heard there's nothing much awaiting you there. As such, I've actually slowed my leveling down just so u have something to look forward to and that is to cap. Not worth doing raid beyond the free daily, new weapons and armor to pretty much farm mauso faster. Unlike last expansion, I can't even farm new nightmare locked for season opening profits so pretty much it is what it is. Run dreams once daily for xp until cap, the run raid once daily, then run mauso with new op gears or the more effective old ones. Overall I don't mind as you know STS will add more stuff like they did with Somberholt and deeper levels. If the raid is terrible, I'm sure they'll add things to make it more worthwhile. Just take your time capping and go at your own pace. Another week or two till cap probably won't see new changes as many have taken it slow this expansion but we need to thank all the people who power leveled to offer us their Intel. Best part of being 66 is gaining access to pop Unlimited direct locked if you happen to be a plat spender. Heard the drop rates were decent enough to spend some plat on. I'll probably open a few myself too depending on prices when I cap
    Last edited by Kakashis; 07-17-2017 at 03:50 AM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I'm only 70k or so away from capping, and so far from what I heard there's nothing much awaiting you there. As such, I've actually slowed my leveling down just so u have something to look forward to and that is to cap. Not worth doing raid beyond the free daily, new weapons and armor to pretty much farm mauso faster. Unlike last expansion, I can't even farm new nightmare locked for season opening profits so pretty much it is what it is. Run dreams once daily for xp until cap, the run raid once daily, then run mauso with new op gears or the more effective old ones. Overall I don't mind as you know STS will add more stuff like they did with Somberholt and deeper levels. If the raid is terrible, I'm sure they'll add things to make it more worthwhile. Just take your time capping and go at your own pace. Another week or two till cap probably won't see new changes as many have taken it slow this expansion but we need to thank all the people who power leveled to offer us their Intel. Best part of being 66 is gaining access to pop Unlimited direct locked if you happen to be a plat spender. Heard the drop rates were decent enough to spend some plat on. I'll probably open a few myself too depending on prices when I cap
    The drop rates are very very terrible for the nightmare locked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    The drop rates are very very terrible for the nightmare locked.
    Well that's gg for me xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I don't think the Nightmare Crates are that bad. The drops are random, as with other crates.

The Raid does seem to lag a lot. I was Reconnecting the whole time. The bits I could see seemed fun. If I remember, I will see if my tablet works better.

It's possible people are not used to the gated entries? But then again, a run or two in maus 5, 6 and you have gold again. Also, the L66 population seems pretty low at the moment. I hope one day to see a much higher population.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    It's possible people are not used to the gated entries? But then again, a run or two in maus 5, 6 and you have gold again.
    It's possible I misunderstand part of your point, but I wanted to say that we should not get used to gated maps in this game that has always been touted as free to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Keep those constructive feedback guys.

After reading all your posts, i guess i may have to slow down my leveling (although it's been slow already. just doing daily xp and few elite citadel runs ). I guess STS wants this kind of pace.
    We'll lets see in the coming weeks guys. I'm pretty sure STS will pull a lot of surprises in the coming weeks. We just have to keep on DREAMING.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

At this moment, i would focus on Maous lvl 5-6 for farming gold and exp. Not really excited for the new dream map.

Moreover, maous give massive twilight crate and chance for SCALE!.

Maous still the best map at this moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

At the moment this expansion really isn't worth it. However, the smartest people, made 30-50m+ within the first 3-4 days of the expansion where the new item prices were overpriced. Many didn't pay more than $5-10 as well, so not exactly pay to play.

So basically there was a ton of gold to be made, those who put forth the effort made a killing. The first week or so was pretty much the highlight of the expansion. Nothing else really. Just the same old maus farming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The grind to cap was the most boring imo and once I got there I do enjoy the nightmare set but im using it in a map that is almost a year old, you would think that after the longest expansion (maus) sts would come up with something better then this....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipperSkinner For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    At the moment this expansion really isn't worth it. However, the smartest people, made 30-50m+ within the first 3-4 days of the expansion where the new item prices were overpriced. Many didn't pay more than $5-10 as well, so not exactly pay to play.

So basically there was a ton of gold to be made, those who put forth the effort made a killing. The first week or so was pretty much the highlight of the expansion. Nothing else really. Just the same old maus farming
    The first two days is when the gold was made. And deff not for 5-10$??? it takes at least $250 to lvl from 61-66 via plat dreams.

Also after that 250$ u need to use even more plat for opening nightmare crates WHICH cost 40plat each....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    It's possible I misunderstand part of your point, but I wanted to say that we should not get used to gated maps in this game that has always been touted as free to play
    The game is free to play. Even if half the maps requires payment to enter the game would still be free to play. Free to play doesn't mean get everything you want for free, it means free to play but it's gonna be a lot harder than someone who pays to play. Otherwise why would anyone pay?

I'm tired of the complaining just because 1% of the game now is pay to play, and not even, because you still get one entry free per day.

And no, I don't like the current setup because there is not enough rewards for the price paid but enough of the "STS is greedy, why is it pay to win, the game is dieing" nonsense.

Rant over! (mic drop)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    The game is free to play. Even if half the maps requires payment to enter the game would still be free to play. Free to play doesn't mean get everything you want for free, it means free to play but it's gonna be a lot harder than someone who pays to play. Otherwise why would anyone pay?

I'm tired of the complaining just because 1% of the game now is pay to play, and not even, because you still get one entry free per day.

And no, I don't like the current setup because there is not enough rewards for the price paid but enough of the "STS is greedy, why is it pay to win, the game is dieing" nonsense.

Rant over! (mic drop)
    Ik this game didn't require me to pay for it initially but the artifact map and this "expansion" are stealing away from the origional philosophy of this game and ppl have every right to their opinion despite you.

This is what Gary had to say when this game launched;
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  46.3 KB

Things have changed quite a bit nowadays huh?
    I don't like where it's going.

Mic drop? What year is this lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Ik this game didn't require me to pay for it initially but the artifact map and this "expansion" are stealing away from the origional philosophy of this game and ppl have every right to their opinion despite you.

This is what Gary had to say when this game launched;
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  46.3 KB

Things have changed quite a bit nowadays huh?
    I don't like where it's going.

Mic drop? What year is this lol
    Well said, and I gotcha, and while I respect everyone's opinion I just think a lot of players are being a bit overboard with assumptions.
    If STS continues this pay to enter pattern then yeah it's not going to go well with the overall community but if this is just an occasional augmentation to a free to enter expansion like Maus levels than it creates a balance between free and pay levels.
    We have never seen this system before in quite this fashion so I hope everyone gives thier opinion respectfully and let's hope the devs find a nice middle ground that keeps the game alive.

Keep it real Suentuos PO!! Peace!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

We waited 8,9,10 months however long it was for imo the most incomplete, lack luster "expansion" since this game has launched. It's sad that they expect us to be content with the raid map/maus for another year. To me they not only killed my interest in playing they buried it too. At least if they plan to make us pay to run maps give us something worth paying for. Not 1 map with iffy loot and so-so drop rates. I really don't even see how after so long they really presented this to us as an expansion..it's borderline laughable and makes me feel like I've been duped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Honestly I just saw this "expansion" another 5 levels. Maus will definitely go down as the best dungeon of the game. People STILL run it considering you can use the new gear in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice to have a new level cap but the ck of quests and storyline is disappointing :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thank you for the feedback guys. Appreciate it.

I was hoping to atleast G would reply even a single "you'll be ok" line in thread. perhaps they are just too busy or didn't they find any constructive feedback?
    I dont want to speculate something but i came from an MMO game called EPIC DUEL which i played for 8 years. I can see some of the signs before Developers announce they are not going to release any update anymore or in simple terms, declare the game as dead. Some of it were: Redundant releases (*cough *cough recolored vanities), delaying of event without any explanation (*cough *cough Ursoth & Elond), ranting and complains on forums (self explanatory), and very seldom reply or interaction from the Developers (very self explanatory).

I was really sad when the game (EPICDUEL) which occupied most of my childhood died just before our very eyes. That game has so much potential but developers mess it up with wrong decisions and implementing unnecessary changes which eventually killed the game. I am now playing AL for 1 year and a half and i can say this game is great, graphics wise and game play wise. I just hope G and the team can recover from this and really find a way to bring back the good old days of this game. This game has so much potential. And i hope they would listen to player's feedback/suggestions on the forums. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loyti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Nothing

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loyti View Post
    Thank you for the feedback guys. Appreciate it.

I was hoping to atleast G would reply even a single "you'll be ok" line in thread. perhaps they are just too busy or didn't they find any constructive feedback?
    I dont want to speculate something but i came from an MMO game called EPIC DUEL which i played for 8 years. I can see some of the signs before Developers announce they are not going to release any update anymore or in simple terms, declare the game as dead. Some of it were: Redundant releases (*cough *cough recolored vanities), delaying of event without any explanation (*cough *cough Ursoth & Elond), ranting and complains on forums (self explanatory), and very seldom reply or interaction from the Developers (very self explanatory).

I was really sad when the game (EPICDUEL) which occupied most of my childhood died just before our very eyes. That game has so much potential but developers mess it up with wrong decisions and implementing unnecessary changes which eventually killed the game. I am now playing AL for 1 year and a half and i can say this game is great, graphics wise and game play wise. I just hope G and the team can recover from this and really find a way to bring back the good old days of this game. This game has so much potential. And i hope they would listen to player's feedback/suggestions on the forums. Just my 2 cents. Thanks.
    Hang in there. I just heard Gary had a baby and will be out of touch for a few weeks. Maybe some other devs will respond. They got rid of those vines at least so you know they are listening. Maus is still my favorite too and the drops are better.