Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on new arcane sword vs aegis?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Had the chance to run mauso with a new aegis tank user yesterday. It was pretty cool the procs, but I found that it doesn't hold aggro as much as the old aegis. Tanks don't need to damage, but they need to take away all that aggression from mobs. It. Could also have been level scaling, but I felt like I was taking more damage than with the old version.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Had the chance to run mauso with a new aegis tank user yesterday. It was pretty cool the procs, but I found that it doesn't hold aggro as much as the old aegis. Tanks don't need to damage, but they need to take away all that aggression from mobs. It. Could also have been level scaling, but I felt like I was taking more damage than with the old version.
    Thanks for the honest assessment. I unfortunately have to agree with you kakashis. After testing the new nightmare aegis extensively I just am not a fan. I thought the damage output would be more than the glint aegis but it just doesn't compare. Not only does glint aegis hold aggro so much better it also does more damage than the nightmare can even imagine. If glint aegis is used correctly with correct pets and skills and mastery upgrade it outdamage the nightmare aegis easily. People are too focused on glint aegis actual skill damage when in reality its proc damage is what makes it so strong. So i just sold my nightmare aegis. Hope this helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thx Midi. It helped me because I been debating buying one, now going to pass on it. When you finish testing Arc Sword let us know your opinion on that as well. I noticed in raids its helpful with mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I did some runs with a 2nd war who used the ac sword (after the update) in m5/6. Unfortunately several times it pulled cursing undead mages into range and a kind of "backfire" wiped out the whole party. Can anybody confirm that ?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Minisalami View Post
    I did some runs with a 2nd war who used the ac sword (after the update) in m5/6. Unfortunately several times it pulled cursing undead mages into range and a kind of "backfire" wiped out the whole party. Can anybody confirm that ?
    Mini I would still suggest running with glint aegis for mobs for max damage and mob clearance over the new arcane aegis or arcane sword. But with glint aegis you gotta know what u are doing because you can kill urself easily from curse mage especially if ur team or you don't have glowstik aa and do not time it correctly. Also new lvl 66 arcane sword is tricky to use in maus but its more effective than nightmare aegis for damage. But yes the proc pulls enemies in and can kill party by pulling in curse mage. So you have to time your glowstik aa correctly when you see the curse mages while using the new arcane sword. With that being said I have been testing the new arcane sword and where it truly shines is at boss fights. The proc creating that tornado actually does alot of damage and bosses health drops fast. From my testing when the arcane sword proc happens it causes 2000 to 3000 damage per tick (which is bascially per second) while enemies are in the tornado. Unfortunately some times the mobs run away from the tornado proc. If you compare this to the proc damage of nightmare purple geysers which only does maybe 300 damage per tick. Even though the nightmare aegis procs more often and each time you proc you actually create 4 to 5 purple geysers most mobs don't walk directly over the geysers and don't take damage. Also I find that the stun of the purple geyser seems ineffective. It just doesn't seem to stun as well as old dragon hunter proc. While the new lvl 66 arcane sword proc pulls in the mobs into your tornado to allow for 3 to 5 mobs to take 2000 to 3000 damage per tick (per second). Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-22-2017 at 12:07 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Tbh i would never buy nor use one of these new ac weapons as they are absolutely overpriced for their performance. I agree to what you are saying , that's why I stick with glint aegis .
    Suggest to use Sam slotted with nilbog as and fenris happiness in maus for its overall performance instead of glow. Cd is much faster.
    Last edited by Minisalami; 07-23-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Typos

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I usually run with a second person with glow and we alternate aa. But yes nilbog is an affordable alternative and yes it's cd is faster. But just not as effective to cover whole party especially with the way I run maus maps with my party. I run ahead with speed set and gather a ton of mobs and wait for my party members to catch up and hit glow aa to cover all members cuz of its wider area of effect. Also has more pools for extra damage. After u gather mobs I quick switch to full nightmare set and use glint for damage.....if i am not lazy to switch of course lol.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-22-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Thx Midi again for the detailed information on Aegis and Sword very interesting. I think I will grab new Arc Sword for boss fights and raids.
    Last edited by Fearrr; 07-23-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I use glint aegis + magma in old map because no curse. In new map like maus and raid i use new guard model. Stun is nice and pt is more safe but i see new sword proc in maus, its rly nice pull and dmg in tornado. Maybe i will buy sword for maus test.

Poslano sa mog SM-G900F koristeći Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Table View Post
    I use glint aegis + magma in old map because no curse. In new map like maus and raid i use new guard model. Stun is nice and pt is more safe but i see new sword proc in maus, its rly nice pull and dmg in tornado. Maybe i will buy sword for maus test.

Poslano sa mog SM-G900F koristeći Tapatalk
    I guess different play styles. I find the nightmare aegis makes runs too slow. I like very fast runs and that might be why I prefer glint aegis in all maps of maus. I switch to new arcane sword on boss.

If you run with a well synced party you can rotate your glowstik AA allowing for constant curse coverage. I typically have one or two dps party members activate magma aa once they see glowstik AA. So when ur aegis procs like a madman you are covered from curse death. That creates fastest run possible with minimal deaths if party runs well together.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-22-2017 at 10:09 PM.