Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Opinions on new arcane sword vs aegis?

  1. #1
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 235 Times in 92 Posts

    Default Opinions on new arcane sword vs aegis?

    Hello AL community,

    Trying to decide which weapon to buy (new arcane sword vs aegis for warrior). Which one do you warriors prefer for PVP and/or PVE. Some insight about the procs would be wonderful. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Adept Thewolfbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    I cant comment on pvp but for PvE Glint aegis is still best weapon for tanking.
    IGN: Thewolfbull

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 235 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    I cant comment on pvp but for PvE Glint aegis is still best weapon for tanking.
    Thanks for the info. Yes I've been using glint aegis and still do for pve for many seasons now. I am asking about the new arcane sword and new arcane aegis. Mainly interested on how they stack up in pvp. PVE I will always use glint aegis, unfortunately because nothing compares.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 481 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hello AL community,

    Trying to decide which weapon to buy (new arcane sword vs aegis for warrior). Which one do you warriors prefer for PVP and/or PVE. Some insight about the procs would be wonderful. Thanks.
    The proc of the "Nightmare Guard of Coruscation" is like the proc of the lvl 46 Dragonsword proc: small geysers that have a chance to srun and damage. The proc of the "Terror Blade of Coruscation" is a small vortex, sucking baddies in and damaging them. I think we have seen that in the Planar Blade before. I prefer the Guard as a pve player.

    As for the Glinstone Aegis: As much as i love it, it barely damages in the deeper levels of Mausoleum. It is here for the taunt only.

    Hit me up in game tomorrow if you need to see it in action.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    I've tried only the arcane aegis lv66 (Not the blade) in mausoleum floors. It's proc is awesome in pve. It does far more damage to mobs in mausoleum than glintstone aegis that I had before. It's a really op weapon and it procs really offen. The only bad thing is that it decreases your strength. I wonder if arcane blade is better than aegis. I don't think so 😊

  8. #6
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 235 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    The proc of the "Nightmare Guard of Coruscation" is like the proc of the lvl 46 Dragonsword proc: small geysers that have a chance to srun and damage. The proc of the "Terror Blade of Coruscation" is a small vortex, sucking baddies in and damaging them. I think we have seen that in the Planar Blade before. I prefer the Guard as a pve player.

    As for the Glinstone Aegis: As much as i love it, it barely damages in the deeper levels of Mausoleum. It is here for the taunt only.

    Hit me up in game tomorrow if you need to see it in action.
    Amazing! Thanks so much for the pro tip. Greatly appreciate it.

  9. #7
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 235 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drannak View Post
    I've tried only the arcane aegis lv66 (Not the blade) in mausoleum floors. It's proc is awesome in pve. It does far more damage to mobs in mausoleum than glintstone aegis that I had before. It's a really op weapon and it procs really offen. The only bad thing is that it decreases your strength. I wonder if arcane blade is better than aegis. I don't think so ��
    Thanks so much for the info. Weapon sounds promising. Will need to look into buying that arcane aegis.

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    2 days now there are only the blades in action :/

  11. #9
    Forum Adept Thewolfbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    The proc of the "Nightmare Guard of Coruscation" is like the proc of the lvl 46 Dragonsword proc: small geysers that have a chance to srun and damage. The proc of the "Terror Blade of Coruscation" is a small vortex, sucking baddies in and damaging them. I think we have seen that in the Planar Blade before. I prefer the Guard as a pve player.

    As for the Glinstone Aegis: As much as i love it, it barely damages in the deeper levels of Mausoleum. It is here for the taunt only.

    Hit me up in game tomorrow if you need to see it in action.
    I tried it out and didnt like it different playstyles i guess
    IGN: Thewolfbull

  12. #10
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 481 Posts

    Default

    Here are some pics for your orientation:






  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 481 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    I tried it out and didnt like it different playstyles i guess
    Playstyle and Company. If you really need to tank, there's nothing wrong with the Glint Aegis. But then there are parties which don' t want to be slowed down by a tank. This always depends...

  15. #12
    Forum Adept Thewolfbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Playstyle and Company. If you really need to tank, there's nothing wrong with the Glint Aegis. But then there are parties which don' t want to be slowed down by a tank. This always depends...
    Havent ran into a pt that didnt want a tank in a long time in my opinion mages do most of the dmg these day I just try to keep aggro off them so they can kill easier/faster glints taunt is best for this. Immortal staff and whimm kills most of the mobs before you can even try to damage them the new weapons arent for me but I get why some might like them
    IGN: Thewolfbull

  16. #13
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 481 Posts

    Default

    Seems like the Blade also has some glitches:

    Quote Originally Posted by Girthz View Post
    Problems with the sword
    1. Its bugged when the vortex is spawned it pulls the caster
    2. The planar vortex pull better then the arc wep

    I suggest making the pull stronger not allowing speed set to counter just my opinion

    Keep this thread drama free

    Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

  17. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    I had both since I hit 66, sword and ageis good in PvP and PvP, but after a week of trying to decide I chose to keep the agies 66, so I guess I would say agies

    Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk
    Alfabeast

  18. #15
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 481 Posts

    Default

    I tested the Blade: The damage output is very satisfying, but the proc is a bit meh and rare compared to the Guards proc. For those interested in the skill damage, i post some screenshots. Note that the skill damage of the Blade is almost double the damage of the Glint Aegis even though the Aegis has an obscene str awakening. I did not strip down gear and pet, i just present what i have unbuffed with roughly comparable awakenings on the weapons:

    Glintstone Aegis:





    Guard:





    Blade:





    My favourite (for pve) is still the Guard, because it procs with high frequency and the stun is nearly as helpful as the Glintstone proc, while i have a good damage output. This of course may vary with your awakenings and party. I hope that helps!

  19. #16
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 235 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Hey ard. Have you compared your skill damage of Dusk claymore potency to the new lvl 66 arcane sword or aegis? So my skill damage for skyward smash with Dusk claymore potency is 6524 - 8150 which is almost 1500 to 2000 higher than new lvl 66 arcane sword. How does that translate to damage output strictly speaking?......factoring in the damage per tick of the Procs of the arcane weapons which the legendary weapon doesn't have.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-18-2017 at 10:54 PM.

  20. #17
    Forum Adept Thewolfbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    257
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 45 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    I tested the Blade: The damage output is very satisfying, but the proc is a bit meh and rare compared to the Guards proc. For those interested in the skill damage, i post some screenshots. Note that the skill damage of the Blade is almost double the damage of the Glint Aegis even though the Aegis has an obscene str awakening. I did not strip down gear and pet, i just present what i have unbuffed with roughly comparable awakenings on the weapons:

    Glintstone Aegis:





    Guard:





    Blade:





    My favourite (for pve) is still the Guard, because it procs with high frequency and the stun is nearly as helpful as the Glintstone proc, while i have a good damage output. This of course may vary with your awakenings and party. I hope that helps!
    You don't use speed set? Nice stats btw
    IGN: Thewolfbull

  21. #18
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 481 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    You don't use speed set? Nice stats btw
    Actually, i have 50 % speed bonus in awakenings. I rolled 2x10% in my artifact alone, that allows me to run without speed set.

  22. #19
    Senior Member Ardbeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,034
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 481 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hey ard. Have you compared your skill damage of Dusk claymore potency to the new lvl 66 arcane sword or aegis? So my skill damage for skyward smash with Dusk claymore potency is 6524 - 8150 which is almost 1500 to 2000 higher than new lvl 66 arcane sword. How does that translate to damage output strictly speaking?......factoring in the damage per tick of the Procs of the arcane weapons which the legendary weapon doesn't have.
    I don't have that much damage with the claymore (at least not unbuffed and without active vb). Here is what i have:





    I don't think you will miss the proc damage much, but you will miss 2 awakening slots and lot's of armor.

  23. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 29 Times in 15 Posts

    Default

    Thx for info and pics. Midi can't wait to hear your full review of Arc Aegis when you are finished testing ^_^

    IGN: Fearrrrrrrrrr
    Class: Warrior

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buy: Arcane Sword 46//Aegis 46//Fangs//Insignia
    By runagain in forum AL Traders Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 07:04 AM
  2. sell arcane aegis or trade with arcane sword 46
    By donniezhibet in forum AL Traders Market
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  3. arcane aegis 56 vs drag hunter sword 46
    By donniezhibet in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 03:41 AM
  4. Selling New Immortal Arcane Aegis and Sword
    By Midievalmodel in forum AL Traders Market
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 07:09 PM
  5. Sell Aegis of Grit/ Buy arcane sword
    By AltowiolistA in forum AL Traders Market
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2016, 04:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •