Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on new arcane sword vs aegis?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default Opinions on new arcane sword vs aegis?

Hello AL community,

Trying to decide which weapon to buy (new arcane sword vs aegis for warrior). Which one do you warriors prefer for PVP and/or PVE. Some insight about the procs would be wonderful. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I cant comment on pvp but for PvE Glint aegis is still best weapon for tanking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    I cant comment on pvp but for PvE Glint aegis is still best weapon for tanking.
    Thanks for the info. Yes I've been using glint aegis and still do for pve for many seasons now. I am asking about the new arcane sword and new arcane aegis. Mainly interested on how they stack up in pvp. PVE I will always use glint aegis, unfortunately because nothing compares.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hello AL community,

Trying to decide which weapon to buy (new arcane sword vs aegis for warrior). Which one do you warriors prefer for PVP and/or PVE. Some insight about the procs would be wonderful. Thanks.
    The proc of the "Nightmare Guard of Coruscation" is like the proc of the lvl 46 Dragonsword proc: small geysers that have a chance to srun and damage. The proc of the "Terror Blade of Coruscation" is a small vortex, sucking baddies in and damaging them. I think we have seen that in the Planar Blade before. I prefer the Guard as a pve player.

As for the Glinstone Aegis: As much as i love it, it barely damages in the deeper levels of Mausoleum. It is here for the taunt only.

Hit me up in game tomorrow if you need to see it in action.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I've tried only the arcane aegis lv66 (Not the blade) in mausoleum floors. It's proc is awesome in pve. It does far more damage to mobs in mausoleum than glintstone aegis that I had before. It's a really op weapon and it procs really offen. The only bad thing is that it decreases your strength. I wonder if arcane blade is better than aegis. I don't think so 😊

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    The proc of the "Nightmare Guard of Coruscation" is like the proc of the lvl 46 Dragonsword proc: small geysers that have a chance to srun and damage. The proc of the "Terror Blade of Coruscation" is a small vortex, sucking baddies in and damaging them. I think we have seen that in the Planar Blade before. I prefer the Guard as a pve player.

As for the Glinstone Aegis: As much as i love it, it barely damages in the deeper levels of Mausoleum. It is here for the taunt only.

Amazing! Thanks so much for the pro tip. Greatly appreciate it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drannak View Post
    I've tried only the arcane aegis lv66 (Not the blade) in mausoleum floors. It's proc is awesome in pve. It does far more damage to mobs in mausoleum than glintstone aegis that I had before. It's a really op weapon and it procs really offen. The only bad thing is that it decreases your strength. I wonder if arcane blade is better than aegis. I don't think so ��
    Thanks so much for the info. Weapon sounds promising. Will need to look into buying that arcane aegis.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

2 days now there are only the blades in action :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I tried it out and didnt like it different playstyles i guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Here are some pics for your orientation:

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I tried it out and didnt like it different playstyles i guess
    Playstyle and Company. If you really need to tank, there's nothing wrong with the Glint Aegis. But then there are parties which don' t want to be slowed down by a tank. This always depends...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Playstyle and Company. If you really need to tank, there's nothing wrong with the Glint Aegis. But then there are parties which don' t want to be slowed down by a tank. This always depends...
    Havent ran into a pt that didnt want a tank in a long time in my opinion mages do most of the dmg these day I just try to keep aggro off them so they can kill easier/faster glints taunt is best for this. Immortal staff and whimm kills most of the mobs before you can even try to damage them the new weapons arent for me but I get why some might like them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Seems like the Blade also has some glitches:

Quote Originally Posted by Girthz View Post
    Problems with the sword
    1. Its bugged when the vortex is spawned it pulls the caster
    2. The planar vortex pull better then the arc wep

I suggest making the pull stronger not allowing speed set to counter just my opinion

Keep this thread drama free

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I had both since I hit 66, sword and ageis good in PvP and PvP, but after a week of trying to decide I chose to keep the agies 66, so I guess I would say agies

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk
    Alfabeast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I tested the Blade: The damage output is very satisfying, but the proc is a bit meh and rare compared to the Guards proc. For those interested in the skill damage, i post some screenshots. Note that the skill damage of the Blade is almost double the damage of the Glint Aegis even though the Aegis has an obscene str awakening. I did not strip down gear and pet, i just present what i have unbuffed with roughly comparable awakenings on the weapons:

Glintstone Aegis:

Guard:

Blade:

My favourite (for pve) is still the Guard, because it procs with high frequency and the stun is nearly as helpful as the Glintstone proc, while i have a good damage output. This of course may vary with your awakenings and party. I hope that helps!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Hey ard. Have you compared your skill damage of Dusk claymore potency to the new lvl 66 arcane sword or aegis? So my skill damage for skyward smash with Dusk claymore potency is 6524 - 8150 which is almost 1500 to 2000 higher than new lvl 66 arcane sword. How does that translate to damage output strictly speaking?......factoring in the damage per tick of the Procs of the arcane weapons which the legendary weapon doesn't have.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 07-18-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I tested the Blade: The damage output is very satisfying, but the proc is a bit meh and rare compared to the Guards proc. For those interested in the skill damage, i post some screenshots. Note that the skill damage of the Blade is almost double the damage of the Glint Aegis even though the Aegis has an obscene str awakening. I did not strip down gear and pet, i just present what i have unbuffed with roughly comparable awakenings on the weapons:

Glintstone Aegis:

Guard:

Blade:

My favourite (for pve) is still the Guard, because it procs with high frequency and the stun is nearly as helpful as the Glintstone proc, while i have a good damage output. This of course may vary with your awakenings and party. I hope that helps!
    You don't use speed set? Nice stats btw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

You don't use speed set? Nice stats btw
    Actually, i have 50 % speed bonus in awakenings. I rolled 2x10% in my artifact alone, that allows me to run without speed set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    Hey ard. Have you compared your skill damage of Dusk claymore potency to the new lvl 66 arcane sword or aegis? So my skill damage for skyward smash with Dusk claymore potency is 6524 - 8150 which is almost 1500 to 2000 higher than new lvl 66 arcane sword. How does that translate to damage output strictly speaking?......factoring in the damage per tick of the Procs of the arcane weapons which the legendary weapon doesn't have.
    I don't have that much damage with the claymore (at least not unbuffed and without active vb). Here is what i have:

I don't think you will miss the proc damage much, but you will miss 2 awakening slots and lot's of armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Thx for info and pics. Midi can't wait to hear your full review of Arc Aegis when you are finished testing ^_^
    Imagine for the last 3 Years while being in your 20’s following another dude around the Internet...F Pathetic..Scll#TrannyActivity🤡🤮