Thread: Suggestion: Boot/Trainings Camp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestion: Boot/Trainings Camp

I´d love to see a section inside the guild hall as a sort of Trainingscamp.

My vision:

a little teleporter in the back section that brings you to a menu (like the one in the sector map).

This will be the option menu for hosting a training game (to which you can invite other players, friends and guild members).

You will be able to choose the map and the Kind of Enemy´s (including bosses).

As this is a training map, it will of course not bring you xp or Kills - but on the other Hand you will not add any deaths on your counter.

I think this would be great for training newbies and helping them to get better...

Any opinions on this ?
    - Proud member and Officer of Black Pegasus -
    Appliants come to http://blackpegasus.dyndns.org

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I really like this idea. Could also be a way to segregate new members, as they could only be given access to the training area of a guild until they have had a chance to acclimate themselves to a new climate if so desired...
    ~Jazz Blue - LvL 36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Interesting idea. But why not just start a password game in an area of your choice of the appropriate level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

because a newbie could get killed though he would perhaps not go in this area by himself. PLUS you could take newbies in areas that they are not yet allowed to go. Imagine you show a lvl 5 Engi the Rooms in Sloucho - he will just begin crying and thank you the rest of his whole life and be loyal to the guild til the end of time *overwhelm* LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberius:453300
    Interesting idea. But why not just start a password game in an area of your choice of the appropriate level?
    Quote Originally Posted by OrksRache:453284

As this is a training map, it will of course not bring you xp or Kills - but on the other Hand you will not add any deaths on your counter.
    Yep
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Awesome idea! Wasn't PL like this? That you didn't have to be a certain lvl to enter a map? I heard this from a friend.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by OrksRache View Post
    because a newbie could get killed though he would perhaps not go in this area by himself. PLUS you could take newbies in areas that they are not yet allowed to go. Imagine you show a lvl 5 Engi the Rooms in Sloucho - he will just begin crying and thank you the rest of his whole life and be loyal to the guild til the end of time *overwhelm* LOL
    Maybe I misunderstand, but isn't this why there are guilds like Pay it Forward and Origins to help new players get acclimated to the game? Why would anyone bring a level 5 Engi (or any class, for that matter) to Slouch? Especially for no xp? In the aforementioned guilds there are capped officers specifically dedicated to this mission. As far as recruiting, why recruit someone you've never run with? I don't mean to sound like I'm dumping on the idea, I'm just having trouble understanding the motivation since we already have tools and players to facilitate player growth. Just my 2 Plat
    Last edited by Cyberius; 10-19-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i did not know that there are tools like this ingame. What do you mean by that ?
    please enlighten me @cyberius...

and even if i get a lvl 30 running with me, it could be that i die in action if i am running in the real threatening world full of pirates and vulars. Better be prepared. (and the lvl 5 engi was only an example). But to make it more touchie for you:

if i remember well, you must be lvl 24 before being able to access sloucho

So imagine you train a lvl 23 Member and give him all the tricks he needs to know (where the bags drop, which doors only he or she can open, where to rapidly run around the corner for not getting roasted by those *** Twin Towers and so on)

That could bring us a new generation of members and would jut be awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

That would be like a level creator where you can invite friends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Awesome idea! Wasn't PL like this? That you didn't have to be a certain lvl to enter a map? I heard this from a friend.
    Well at one point in the earlier stages on PL, any lvl could join any map, though this was changed pretty swiftly when we had seen the outcome from this.

Also you could create and password any level town and invite whoever you liked, though this caused more problems so the ability was removed. (A little like the idea to create and password the town, when the Beta discussion was mentioned.

i did not know that there are tools like this ingame. What do you mean by that ?
    PiF, here.. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...A-Side-Project.

Orgins, Unsure how to access this, guessing they have a website or something of the sort.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-19-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

and even if i get a lvl 30 running with me, it could be that i die in action if i am running in the real threatening world full of pirates and vulars. Better be prepared. (and the lvl 5 engi was only an example). But to make it more touchie for you:

if i remember well, you must be lvl 24 before being able to access sloucho

So imagine you train a lvl 23 Member and give him all the tricks he needs to know (where the bags drop, which doors only he or she can open, where to rapidly run around the corner for not getting roasted by those *** Twin Towers and so on)

That could bring us a new generation of members and would jut be awesome.
    The aforementioned guilds whose mission to train newer players and the players (like myself ) who take the time to answer questions in game and offer guidance ARE what make other players better. The in game community IS the tool in place to benefit us all Besides, run Slouch-O once and you'll remember where not to stand if you don't wanna get hit on the next run! LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh wow, ok this is really the way i saw this. But in a bit more selfish way as it would be guild internal.

A big plus for my suggestion is that it will toghten the bonds inside a guild and make the guild hall a more interresting place than to just make meetings and buy stimpack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

oh wow, ok this is really the way i saw this. But in a bit more selfish way as it would be guild internal.

A big plus for my suggestion is that it will toghten the bonds inside a guild and make the guild hall a more interresting place than to just make meetings and buy stimpack.
    Ok, I can definitely see the value in that. And I don't think that you or the idea is selfish at all as anything that promotes tighter bonds is always a good thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I´d love to see a section inside the guild hall as a sort of Trainingscamp.

My vision:

a little teleporter in the back section that brings you to a menu (like the one in the sector map).

This will be the option menu for hosting a training game (to which you can invite other players, friends and guild members).

You will be able to choose the map and the Kind of Enemy´s (including bosses).

I think this would be great for training newbies and helping them to get better...

Any opinions on this ?
    this is a great idea ork ! it would be sweet if it could be added. and maybe even us higher characters would need to use it to practce the new content when it comes out lol
    Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    yup pretty much what caused the "mynas gen" not a good idea!
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    this is a great idea ork ! it would be sweet if it could be added. and maybe even us higher characters would need to use it to practce the new content when it comes out lol

yup pretty much what caused the "mynas gen" not a good idea!
    Yep, I remember those days. But power leveling is still among us, just quite not so bad anymore. Although I perceive it as their loss. If someone wants a 30 char without playing, what they have is a 30 char worth jack because they can't play it.

Although I always thought the problem was not in letting lowbies join higher maps, but rather in letting them join games with higher level players in them. I'd rather restrict that and would let a team of five lvl 15s go ahead and try sloucho should they so desire. Put some suitable margin for that, i.e. the join limits would be determined by the highest (and lowest) leveled players in it. Say 7 levels, allowing 24 and up to join games with 31s in them. Ofcourse that would also limit 31s joining games with players below 24 in them. I dunno what the range should be but I fail to see a reason for letting 31s and 5s run in same maps. Enlighten me if I overlooked some aspect of this thing.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This would be good for players who are training for pvp and also players who are just trying to fight new enemies and practice their skills. Great idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by USMarinex View Post
    This would be good for players who are training for pvp and also players who are just trying to fight new enemies and practice their skills. Great idea!
    Now a PvP training area would be sweet when it comes out! This makes sense to me. You have plenty if opportunities to "practice" PvE in the PvE stages.