Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: NEW PvP Mode?

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,167 Posts

In code it looks like this:

if newLevelCap;
    {
    set pvp=RIP;
    }

...for about three weeks. Then everybody gets back to beating each other up.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I've been working on a different kind of PvP map that integrates some of the 'KotH' features you mention along with 'siege weaponry' a'la Castle Building. While gear issues are always a major concern in PvP, the biggest challenges to this idea surround the emplacements and Castle building. I think the idea's got a toe-hold via the housing system but there's a lot of work to be done with respect to how siege weapons / castle pieces would be crafted, placed, etc. I favor a consumable system where if the castle defense is destroyed, it's gone forever and you have to craft it again. Others favor players being able to recover their destroyed machinery after some period of time (with a Platinum timer buy-through).

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

We went all-in on Spectator mode for Call of Champions and it was pretty fun. That said, I'm not sure if it's something people would use more than once in Arcane Legends - unless you're a full-time streamer or something.

Round-based PvE stuff and overall improvements to the 'Gauntlet' style of gameplay do interest me quite a bit. We're working on something (unrelated to AL) that does this exact sort of thing - 'except for the limited lives. I'll take the life limitation into consideration 'cause I think that's pretty cool too.

Neighborhoods. You probably won't believe this, but "neighborhood" zones were part of the original housing concept. I wanted players to get plots of land adjacent to each other. The server would dynamically seam them together. Active players are put next to other active players while those who have not logged in for some time are placed in another less active 'neighbor zone.' In a later revision, I went for a 'territorial control' concept wherein players could fight for a literal space on a terrain grid to place their house.
    Here's cinco reply to another thread for those who don't monitor it.
    This is awesome that he released this to the public
    My feedback is for TDM/other PvP maps to let us use our own gear since ppl pay a pretty Nickle for it. And FFA balance gear
    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 07-21-2017 at 04:01 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to You Mad Or Nah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Omg FREE FOR ALLLLLL! +1m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Could some DEV take a look at this? I think its worth reading in case you guys are thinking of new Pvp FFA mode

What about adding these too:

-Huge Map with 10-15 players

-New FFA KDR

-Removing names from players while playing so we dont see who is who and eventually teaming up with them

-Match starts when player count reaches 4 (?)

-Match ends at player reaching 10-20 kills or 5-10 mins after match starts (can be more or less)

-FFA achievements so PVE players will try to play this new mode too (so if they like it, it would be more active)

-After match ends we would see who placed in which spots with kill counts and what class they are

-FFA leaderboard please? If the FFA is going to be really active and players couldn't join through friends list there wouldnt be any chance dummy farmers could take any spots in LB or only allow the leaderboards in endgame, since twinks are less active now and there would be high chance of dummy farming taking places here

-U cant equip or unequip other gears than what u get in start of the match (balanced gear to everyone)

-Random spawns with huge map, this could destroy dummy farmers

-IF FFA leaderboards is going to be a thing, could some DEV take a weekly quick look at some of the datas from the leaderboards in case Dummy farmers are gonna do their job
    Last edited by Zulgath; 07-22-2017 at 04:32 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zulgath For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I think 10 ppl should be enough The only problem I see is having more than 10 would cause ppl to have bad ping. In the 12 raid zone many ppl are having bad ping there just imagine more than 12. Also I think the match should start when it's full not 4 considering the score it's not going to be fair but i see this would reduce the lobby from being dead like blood Beach and Forest. Other than you have really good suggestions. Which I support+1 Also removing names and disabling chat is must. Drama and gang won't take over FFA !

Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 07-22-2017 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgath View Post
    FFA! +1

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk
    Tac team u mean :3 hahaha

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks for making it possible :-)

Skrt Skrt Skrt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I've played PL, DL and AL extensively and (IMO) the hands down best PVP was in DL. The map in capture the flag was outstanding and the team death match was awesome. CTF everyone was concerned with winning the game and not with stats. Everyone had basically the same build and the same gear so it skill based.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I've played PL, DL and AL extensively and (IMO) the hands down best PVP was in DL. The map in capture the flag was outstanding and the team death match was awesome. CTF everyone was concerned with winning the game and not with stats. Everyone had basically the same build and the same gear so it skill based.
    That's sounds amazing!
    I will try DL out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hi just wanted to get my post count up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

U stealing ideas

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexit View Post
    U stealing ideas

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
    Lol I believe I was the first one who suggest this then you others made their own threads. Idc really the good thing FFA map came out :-)