Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Couples: 2v2 FFA PvP Tournament (lv. 100)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blyzzor View Post
    Ofc family loses first, you don't learn much from all the teaming you do. While Resto goes CTFing you polish your kda with a lil teaming
    All i got to say is 10-4 kid.

ELITE

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I should be getting my match in this weekend (ideally).

Good luck guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

Good luck guys!
    Ideals shmideals. Smashem' n' mashem'!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Good luck guys!
    See ya in semis if you win

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Good games to Iuis and Attackin! Rose and I managed to win, but they were tough games. Totally threw us off our strat and we had to adapt to a new one to win. Iuis is lowkey maybe the best rhino I've played against this cap.

I will be posting the screenshots when Rose wakes up and sends them to me. Time for bed.

Edit: Here they are:

Last edited by Dolloway; 08-05-2017 at 09:19 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Update chart when your done with your match will

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I know I've been having a tendency to get my matches in last, I promise we're working towards finding a time. I've been caught up with work, college transfer applications, and filling out forms/visas for my upcoming study-abroad trip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

I know I've been having a tendency to get my matches in last, I promise we're working towards finding a time. I've been caught up with work, college transfer applications, and filling out forms/visas for my upcoming study-abroad trip.
    Have fun on that study-abroad! I hear most people remember those trips the rest of their lives and cherish the memories. I'm in no way super wise, but remember to enjoy the whole process and don't get overwhelmed with the set up (forms, visas, etc.). It'll be fun! :P

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Ghost, it has come to my attention that people may abuse gear switching and as such, to keep the remainder of this tournament as fair as possible, I recommend that you ban gear switching after everyone has said "Go".

This is problematic because my opponent may deal 2k dmg to me while I'm using a level 100 set but if I switch gears, I will still remain at the same percentage of health lost. So if I have 2.5k health using a level 100 set and my opponent knocks me down to 500 health (4/5 of health lost), and I switch to some other gear or set that has 500 total health, I will be at the same percentage of health lost. So my current health would be 100 (out of 500) using lower level gear instead of 500/2500 using level 100 gear. This means that a mage or rhino can heal me to full with 1-2 heals instead of the 5-10 heals it would take if I were still using level 100 gear.

As you can see, people can just run to the back end trees in Forest Fight! and regain full health in a mere second or two instead of the much longer time it would take to regain health if they were to continue using level 100 gear. Obviously, this abuse of gear switching would most benefit the classes with the highest health which are rhinos and bears. Imagine getting your opponent down to 200 health out of 3.5k health and then they run away, switch gear, heal once, switch, and are back at 3.5k health in one second. This is a very dirty tactic in my opinion and we should strive to have as much clean and fair play as possible during the remainder of the tournament, instead of trying to abuse something that clearly shouldn't be allowed and what I imagine you never had in mind when creating this tournament.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 08-07-2017 at 10:07 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Ghost, it has come to my attention that people may abuse gear switching and as such, to keep the remainder of this tournament as fair as possible, I recommend that you ban gear switching after everyone has said "Go".

This is problematic because my opponent may deal 2k dmg to me while I'm using a level 100 set but if I switch gears, I will still remain at the same percentage of health lost. So if I have 2.5k health using a level 100 set and my opponent knocks me down to 500 health (4/5 of health lost), and I switch to some other gear or set that has 500 total health, I will be at the same percentage of health lost. So my current health would be 100 (out of 500) using lower level gear instead of 500/2500 using level 100 gear. This means that a mage or rhino can heal me to full with 1-2 heals instead of the 5-10 heals it would take if I were still using level 100 gear.

As you can see, people can just run to the back end trees in Forest Fight! and regain full health in a mere second or two instead of the much longer time it would take to regain health if they were to continue using level 100 gear. Obviously, this abuse of gear switching would most benefit the classes with the highest health which are rhinos and bears. Imagine getting your opponent down to 200 health out of 3.5k health and then they run away, switch gear, heal once, switch, and are back at 3.5k health in one second. This is a very dirty tactic in my opinion and we should strive to have as much clean and fair play as possible during the remainder of the tournament, instead of trying to abuse something that clearly shouldn't be allowed and what I imagine you never had in mind when creating this tournament.
    I can confirm that this glitch works and although My class would benefit I think it best to ban gear switching. Enforcing this would be difficult and may require that vanity not be allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

Sorry about this, Dissolver and me were playing a few practice matches with Husky and Rose, and my partner was taking off his gear so i could heal him faster, using those insta gear swapping slots. I assure you though this hasn't nor will it happen in any tourney match. I already told him that it probably is illegal in the tourney, and theres no point in even doing it in practice matches. It's fine by me if someone has to come watch our next match. I'm not in this tourney to cheat at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

It has to come to my attention that there is a serious, game-changing bug that favors STR-based classes. If you read the couple posts above, Dolloway explains it perfectly.

I know many of you will tell me: "But Ghost, you did not specify in the rules that changing gear is NOT allowed." Okay, true.

But rule 7, however, says that if people lack poor sportsmanship and do not act accordingly to my discretion, then it could result in a DQ. And this type of exploitation is unacceptable and will not be condoned. I would expect that everyone who participates in my tournament acts logically and intelligently, and should know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. All that I ask for is a fair, enjoyable tournament where everyone can compete on the same playing ground. Not everyone knew about this highly advantageous bug, and therefore it reflects poorly on those who abused it. It is disappointing that players are relying on dirty measures to win this tournament – I suppose that it is my fault since a PvP tournament shield is on the line. And that's exactly it – I want a completely fair tournament BECAUSE a tournament shield is on the line.

As such, I do need to speak to Arvoh and Dissolver. I have had numerous teams report their use in the exploitation of this bug. I will not disqualify them.

I will, however, ask that they start from round 1 and replay their matches. That is, Nxxxb/Draining and Crash/Wanted will have another shot. If they refuse to replay their matches, they will be disqualified. Anyone who displays this type of behavior will be disqualified, no further questions.

NEW RULE:

No vanities will be allowed. That includes Founders Helm.

If there are any questions, please PM me. I'll do my best to update the bracket in the meantime. Please, let's not compromise the integrity of this tournament.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-08-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

About the whole gear switching issue, i want to say that Dissolver was just taking off his gear so that i could heal him faster in a PRACTICE match against Husky and Rose yesterday. I told him to stop it multiple times (Husky and Rose can confirm this), so i didn't think this would grow into an actual issue, so i didn't report this last night. I am against all sorts of cheating in anyway, and i can truthfully say we didnt cheat in any of our previous matches, the LAST thing i want is to be branded as a cheater. If that were the case, our opponents would have instantly brought it up then and there, and with screenshots of they really wanted to, since it was fairly easy for everyone (Husky, Rose, and myself) to notice. If we do have to redo our matches then so be it, this is pretty much a second chance to advance in this tournament, but i trust that our past opponents will tell the truth. I apologize for my partner's idiotic behavior, im just as annoyed as everyone else..
    Last edited by Arvoh; 08-08-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

My question is. If Arvoh and Dissolver was doing this according to these teams, why didn't they report this before hand? Dissolver and Arvoh vs Nxxxb and draining happened weeks ago but no report was stated or for crash and wanted which happened a week ago. It's easy to note the fact as soon as the practice issue occured and was talked over forums teams could use the opportunity to make a false statement to be put back into the tourney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    My question is. If Arvoh and Dissolver was doing this according to these teams, why didn't they report this before hand? Dissolver and Arvoh vs Nxxxb and draining happened weeks ago but no report was stated or for crash and wanted which happened a week ago. It's easy to note the fact as soon as the practice issue occured and was talked over forums teams could use the opportunity to make a false statement to be put back into the tourney.
    Perhaps this is right, but Arvoh and Dissolver knew about this and didn't take a minute to let everyone else know.

If you join my tournament, I expect good sportsmanship – bottom line. And good sportsmanship entails communication about these matters in order to ensure a fair, enjoyable tournament.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Perhaps this is right, but Arvoh and Dissolver knew about this and didn't take a minute to let everyone else know.

If you join my tournament, I expect good sportsmanship – bottom line. And good sportsmanship entails communication about these matters in order to ensure a fair, enjoyable tournament.
    You're absolutely right, but i didn't report it because that moment last night during our practice match with Husky and Rose, was the first time he was taking off his gear for my heal. So i didnt see a big reason to report something like that, especially when i told Dissolver and he agreed afterward, to NOT do it in practice again or our next match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    You're absolutely right, but i didn't report it because that moment last night during our practice match with Husky and Rose, was the first time he was taking off his gear for my heal. So i didnt see a big reason to report something like that, especially when i told Dissolver and he agreed afterward, to NOT do it in practice again or our next match.
    You could have gone ahead and used this in the next match, of course it's something to report. Even so, there are many who are accusing you of exploiting the bug. And while I believe in assessing all the facts of the situation and stating what I think is the most fair solution, there are many players whom I consider to be faithful and trustworthy who believe that the exploitation was utilized in the tournament match. And believe me, I know I need to be careful on making my decisions on what some people believe (which ultimately I don't), because I realize that everyone wants to win a PvP tournament shield.

Regardless, I expect these things to be reported immediately. It's a part of playing in these tournaments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

You could have gone ahead and used this in the next match, of course it's something to report. Even so, there are many who are accusing you of exploiting the bug. And while I believe in assessing all the facts of the situation and stating what I think is the most fair solution, there are many players whom I consider to be faithful and trustworthy who believe that the exploitation was utilized in the tournament match. And believe me, I know I need to be careful on making my decisions on what some people believe (which ultimately I don't), because I realize that everyone wants to win a PvP tournament shield.

Regardless, I expect these things to be reported immediately. It's a part of playing in these tournaments.
    I just think redoing all our matches is a bit excessive, Dissolver did it a couple times in a practice match yesterday, and everyone in that match noticed right away, and now this is an issue. But dont you think it's odd that at the time of our matches, nothing was reported? I'm all for you or someone else watching our next match, but redoing our previous matches on the context that we may have cheated, without any reports popping up (at that time) or evidence from any of those matches or opponents even existing about us cheating isn't excessive at all to you or unreasonable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Now I cannot speak for these individuals, but I will relay what they have told me. Rose confronted Dissolver in private message about this and told him that he shouldn't be doing this, but he stated that "it isn't illegal. It's not in the rules".

I heard about this and didn't quite understand what Dissolver was doing (neither did Husky) until I tested it myself with a friend. Originally I was just under the impression that somehow Dissolver was switching sets to get a higher h/s but that didn't quite make much sense to me considering the level 100 set offers the highest h/s in the game currently, or so I believe. Then after switching gears myself and playing around with it, I realized that the exploit is actually switching gears to get a lower health total to regain full health faster through heals and regen and then switch back to a much higher health total that is thousands more. Upon realization, I immediately thought that this should be banned from the tournament and told Ghost about this just minutes after finding out.

When I asked Wanted and Crash about this, one told me that "they were hidden behind the trees or tents a lot" and "that makes sense considering I don't really recall Arvoh rapidly using that heal behind the tree. They just hid for a bit then came out. Like usually I would think you would keep healing and you're still not full."

I very much so believe that exploits like these should be made known to the community when they are found out so we do not compromise the integrity of this tournament. There is a pvp shield on the line. Does everyone remember the last time a tournament was disrupted by a game changing exploit? It was the 66 mage tournament where you could keep buffing over and over again to achieve insane stats due to the free respecs at the time that worked in pvp zones. I do not understand Dissolver's reasoning for not making this known and for continuing to deny that there is anything wrong with this when he was confronted by Rose. At least if you're confronted, admit that this is a very questionable tactic and ask Ghost if something like this can be used in the tournament.

I support Ghost's final decision and whatever he decides to do, whether that's continue on with the tournament as the brackets currently stand, have Arvoh and Dissolver replay matches, or start the whole tournament over from the beginning with the same bracket lineup. I just ask that exploits like these be banned from this tournament from here on out and for any future tournaments. It's very frustrating to hear that this tactic could have been used to win matches and what lengths people may go to when there is a pvp shield as a prize.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    I just think redoing all our matches is a bit excessive, Dissolver did it a couple times in a practice match yesterday, and everyone in that match noticed right away, and now this is an issue. But dont you think it's odd that at the time of our matches, nothing was reported? I'm all for you or someone else watching our next match, but redoing our previous matches on the context that we may have cheated, without any reports popping up (at that time) or evidence from any of those matches or opponents even existing about us cheating isn't excessive at all to you or unreasonable?
    Just gonna put in my two cents on this whole issue. I'd like to point out I'm pretty impartial to all of this because I've pretty much checked out on PL.

Not to discredit you or what you are claiming, but why would you even use the exploit in a practice match to begin with? If you know you can't use it in the real tournament, there is absolutely no reason for you to try it at all beforehand.

Now you've given Will no choice but to question the results of every round you participated in. It's not his fault, it's yours for putting doubt in his mind in the first place. There's no way to prove you did it, but there's also no way to prove you didn't do it. I hope you can understand that perspective because I honesty don't think replaying the matches are a big deal, especially if you already beat them once fairly.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post: