Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Couples: 2v2 FFA PvP Tournament (lv. 100)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crashy View Post
    Team:

Crash (Captain) - Bear
    Wanted - Bird
    Message me whenever you guys have a day available, earliest i can do is this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Just gonna put in my two cents on this whole issue. I'd like to point out I'm pretty impartial to all of this because I've pretty much checked out on PL.

Not to discredit you or what you are claiming, but why would you even use the exploit in a practice match to begin with? If you know you can't use it in the real tournament, there is absolutely no reason for you to try it at all beforehand.

Now you've given Will no choice but to question the results of every round you participated in. It's not his fault, it's yours for putting doubt in his mind in the first place. There's no way to prove you did it, but there's also no way to prove you didn't do it. I hope you can understand that perspective because I honesty don't think replaying the matches are a big deal, especially if you already beat them once fairly.
    We were doing a practice match and Dissolver randomly started doing it, i had nothing to do with it, I even told him to stop, but i just find it kinda excessive, at the point we are now because of a move in a practice match, but i guess it cant be helped and im honestly over it now and ready for our matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

You can comfirm this with huskybird and oneshot me and arvoh have practiced with them many times and never once did i take off my gear yes i said it wasn't illegal this is my first tourney and i didn't know i never did it in any tourney games, me and arvoh played multiple games with husky and rose and it wasn't until like 5 games in until i started taking off gear for faster heal again comfirm this with husky i do feel like he will be honest, this is when i thought of it and thought it could be useful i am sorry for my actions in a practice and like ffamage if my gear was tooken off crash and wanted would have noticed halo go off this is logic, ghost stated that if u see a team cheating u have a choice to leave and get a ref which i did not cheat that's why there was no need for a ref, ask husky before tourney game 1 me and arvoh praticed with husky and oneshot i never thought about taking off gear until after round 2 vs rose and husky in pratice halfway through i read the rules multiple time and lying to get but in to tourney is unsportmenship, but if to replay games is needed i have no problem with that i just feel like i wasted so much time setting up games now i have to redo it for being accused of false accusations.
    Last edited by Cqrd; 08-08-2017 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We cant prove or disprove you using the bug against us, but during previous matches no one even knew about this therefore didnt look for it/ report it. All our matches were real close 8-10 7-10 8-10. We even managed to win one 10-8. So if it were being used it could be a game changer. Crash and I both recall arvoh/dissolver going behind tents/trees. There it could of been done swapping gear under vanity so almost looks like nothing going on. Not accusing, Crash and I just want a fair shot if something did happen. I think you guys will beat us again because all around better team composition but thats fine. At least we will know with no doubt it was fair. And if you guys do go all the way everyone will know you earned it no questions asked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Nobody knew about it because i didn't do it until halfway into pratice vs husky and rose, and if we do have to vs again i do want a ref, so no more false accusations are put against me, also wanted trees are for defense for hp and buffs u buffed and let crash go and beck one of us until u came out, this is why you won 10-8 when scores were 8-8 me and arvoh said nothing and decided to play on because we know we are a stronger team together and we can put together a win
    Last edited by Cqrd; 08-08-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cqrd View Post
    Nobody knew about it because i didn't do it until halfway into pratice vs husky and rose, and if we do have to vs again i do want a ref, so no more false accusations are put against me, also wanted trees are for defense for hp and buffs u buffed and let crash go and beck one of us until u came out, this is why you won 10-8 when scores were 8-8 me and arvoh said nothing and decided to play on because we know we are a stronger team together and we can put together a win
    I have nothing against you guys treeing. Just stated thats where the bug could of been done. And I dont see whats wrong with Crash the tank leaving trees first and me following up. What should of been said? Bird not fighting with his teammate, shady tactics.. Not saying you did anything wrong. Its just the uncertainty everyone dealing with when theres a worthy prize on the line.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Arvoh and Dissolver, you guys will replay your matches. Everyone wants to feel as though they have a fair shot, and this is the best solution at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Everyone got their fair shot, i see this is just their second shot, anything you do once you can do twice i have no problem with this more practice for me, one more thing do i have to do it in bracket order or first team i see on me arvoh vs
    Last edited by Cqrd; 08-09-2017 at 01:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Arvoh and Dissolver, you guys will replay your matches. Everyone wants to feel as though they have a fair shot, and this is the best solution at this point.
    Hi Will, I totally understand the precaution to redo the matches because of the possible event that the ungearing was done outside the practice match, although I do not agree, I will not attempt to change your mind.

That being said, would it be possible to have a viewer or "ref" in the game to make sure this confusion doesn't happen in the future??

P.S. I would be more than happy to be a ref moving forward, although my availability will be limited due to outside circumstances.

Walie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pf flyer View Post
    I have nothing against you guys treeing. Just stated thats where the bug could of been done. And I dont see whats wrong with Crash the tank leaving trees first and me following up. What should of been said? Bird not fighting with his teammate, shady tactics.. Not saying you did anything wrong. Its just the uncertainty everyone dealing with when theres a worthy prize on the line.

Msg me when you have a date available for both of you, and we'll go from there. For this match i'll have someone recording, and i'd also appreciate it if nobody wore any vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Hi Will, I totally understand the precaution to redo the matches because of the possible event that the ungearing was done outside the practice match, although I do not agree, I will not attempt to change your mind.

That being said, would it be possible to have a viewer or "ref" in the game to make sure this confusion doesn't happen in the future??

P.S. I would be more than happy to be a ref moving forward, although my availability will be limited due to outside circumstances.

Walie
    Yeah, if both teams agree to having a ref that's totally acceptable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    It has to come to my attention that there is a serious, game-changing bug that favors STR-based classes. If you read the couple posts above, Dolloway explains it perfectly.

I know many of you will tell me: "But Ghost, you did not specify in the rules that changing gear is NOT allowed." Okay, true.

But rule 7, however, says that if people lack poor sportsmanship and do not act accordingly to my discretion, then it could result in a DQ. And this type of exploitation is unacceptable and will not be condoned. I would expect that everyone who participates in my tournament acts logically and intelligently, and should know that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. All that I ask for is a fair, enjoyable tournament where everyone can compete on the same playing ground. Not everyone knew about this highly advantageous bug, and therefore it reflects poorly on those who abused it. It is disappointing that players are relying on dirty measures to win this tournament – I suppose that it is my fault since a PvP tournament shield is on the line. And that's exactly it – I want a completely fair tournament BECAUSE a tournament shield is on the line.

As such, I do need to speak to Arvoh and Dissolver. I have had numerous teams report their use in the exploitation of this bug. I will not disqualify them.

I will, however, ask that they start from round 1 and replay their matches. That is, Nxxxb/Draining and Crash/Wanted will have another shot. If they refuse to replay their matches, they will be disqualified. Anyone who displays this type of behavior will be disqualified, no further questions.

NEW RULE:

No vanities will be allowed. That includes Founders Helm.

If there are any questions, please PM me. I'll do my best to update the bracket in the meantime. Please, let's not compromise the integrity of this tournament.
    Whoa will am i back in???

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Yes you are back in. I'd appreciate it if you could msg me whenever you guys have a day worked out for our match. Or if you feel this is unnecessary and we had played fair, then that works too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

OR here is a third option, give up your spot for Xyzther
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Name:  111.PNG
Views: 215
Size:  263.6 KB
    Name:  222.PNG
Views: 214
Size:  265.7 KB
    Name:  333.PNG
Views: 216
Size:  265.4 KB

Some really awesome games with Horn and Dev. That 10-9 game had me shaking... great match guys, was fun!

@Nxxxb - Yes, I spoke with you earlier in game. You will replay your match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Bracket has been updated:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.27.42 PM.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  94.7 KB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

3pc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Haven't seen you guys on in 5 days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Nxxxb has been alerted of the news. Are you guys trying to schedule right now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Was on vacay just got back like 2-3 days ago idek in summer anymore @ghost yes will ill talk to draining later today and work something out

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Was on vacay just got back like 2-3 days ago idek in summer anymore @ghost yes will ill talk to draining later today and work something out
    Thank you, sir! Good luck.