Thread: [Feedback] Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default [Feedback] Expansion

I like the idea of the dreamscape and accessing via beds is quite innovative.... the concept had a lot of promise! I haven't levelled up enough to do the raid yet but I have enjoyed the idea of the expanding dreamscape where the map grows as we level.

I think what is most disappointing for me with the expansion, especially as an old player, is the quite stark lack of storyline or story quests of any sort, and the fact that the XP grind is done almost entirely in old content. The best paying xp quests are lighting up the lanterns in shuyal etc. like I did over 2 years and several expansions ago... quests which were relevant at the time and fit in with the lore and overall experience of the shuyal expansion, along with quests like looking for uncle dereks ring.

I can also get a decent amount of xp running through wolf camp / spider caves, mindlessly one hitting 200 mobs with auto skill... again, this was a great quest which felt relevant back when nordr was released and that was at a semi challenge I could make a party for.

I feel like when there is a level cap and a grind, this should at least in part involve leading players through numerous story quests to make the expansion feel immersive and to allow players to level up whilst doing something new. Repeating the same old xp quests from 2-3 years ago and grinding in the elite map from 2 expansions ago is something we have to do if we wanna level anytime this year... it's not something which feels fun and motivating.

In addition... the few runs I've done to level in the dreamscape have ended mainly with me soloing as nobody joins my map, or me joining to find one other person who says thank god!! I've been waiting ten minutes hoping someone would join!

Even if the quest lines involved npcs and task solutions which were dotted around based in glintstone/underhul elites and Graveyard, this would tie the story in with the runs and give us something to party up for, plus some new dailies. E.G: a Daily which said "dream dust residue has been discovered in the gems of the cryogem mines... collect X amount of samples from elite glintstone mobs and return them to me so I can investigate the phenomenon further." 600 xp

I wouldn't mind if the old quests had their xp giving qualities capped at the relevant level, and were entirely replaced by new xp dailies targeted for the current cap, totalling the same potential xp from dailies but done by completing new tasks.

Maybe in a future expansion?
    Last edited by Tivy; 07-19-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

I am glad we can do some quick daily xp quests and then focus on current content. Also players that don't have much time can do them and get their xp. I wouldn't mind if higher campaigns' dailies would give a bit more xp though.