Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Mage

Cinco, i have a question. How come mage is trash? You make sets class bound yet you dont fix the charecter imbalance. Brilliant idea. Your nerf mage into the ground yet it seem you refuse to fix it. How to fix this. Mana definitely needs to be added. Mana shield is the most useless skill since the class was nerfed into the ground at the end of 80 cap. Heals also need to be buffed. With the recent l100 update a level 100 rhino has better heal then a mage. Yet it can tank like a bear. It makes 0 sense why a rhino that uses str can heal better than a mage. Armor a slight increase in armor would also be nice. Along with "a healthy dose of mana". Pvp wise mage is by far the weakest. Refering above rhinos heal better than mages yet can tank like a bear and nuke like a fox. No skill is required to kill a mage at this point. Bird can break mana shield usually on the first blast. Which is fine but mage has so little armor that if bird breaks mana shield mage will die in 2 to 3 skills. Hence the reason more armor would help. Mana is needed because when mana shield is used is usually only last a few hits. Compared to 80 cap when it would take atleast 4 to 5 hits. It truely sadens me to see nothing being done to help. or do you guys simply not care any more?
    Last edited by Mymysticalmage; 07-21-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Adapt. Change your style. I've done ok with my mage, and you're better than I am...so you can definitely do it...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wsrg View Post
    Adapt. Change your style. I've done ok with my mage, and you're better than I am...so you can definitely do it...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
    There is only so much you can do. I did that one. Used dex set. Then people cried. As usual.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

LOL Dude just learn mage, u always crying at cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    LOLLLLLLLL Dude just learn mage
    Says you.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    Says you.........
    no one else is complaining. You just want kills handed to you lol.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

1. Mages are a support character that are not meant to be huge damage dealers or tanks.
    2. Even though they are support, drain deals the most damage of any skill, and fire I believe is second or third.
    3. With this said mages can still beat any class 1v1, the only one they have trouble against is bird and sometimes rhino. And if ms is timed correctly a mage will kill a bird 9/10 times.

So, it seems that you need to change your playstyle, if you try to nuke a bird you will die, which is why you will need to kite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Hey buddy! Sorry to hear about your current struggles with this new cap that our folks at STS worked hard on! Yeah you do make some good points about rhinos being a bit OP, but theyre only OP in 1v1s. To be honest mages arent the weakest this cap, foxes really have it worse than us mages, and birds arent really a problem, if you play it right, i personally think this cap is harder, but you gotta understand that 80, 85, mages were pretty OP, maybe you got used to that, i dont know.. Anyways, i think this cap is pretty balanced for the most part, if you're struggling i'd be happy to teach you mage!

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'll admit the heal on mages is a bit low (maybe just double our heal, It wouldn't cause us to be OP. It would simply make us more effective healers). And I do feel that my mana gets drained instantaneously, but mana shield is still not useless. A little more mana would be nice though!

At the end of the day, I don't believe mages are underpowered. I think we were used to being OP all these past caps, and for once we're not in that position. And I've enjoyed PvP for the most part as a mage. Granted, there will be times when I get the worst streaks of bad luck against bears simply because if they dodge and then hit you, there is literally nothing you can do. But that's more of a dodge issue...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Yea remaking maps/mobs. And taking maps/mobs from other maps is real hard. Ive done it a time or two.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I'll admit the heal on mages is a bit low (maybe just double our heal, It wouldn't cause us to be OP. It would simply make us more effective healers). And I do feel that my mana gets drained instantaneously, but mana shield is still not useless. A little more mana would be nice though!

At the end of the day, I don't believe mages are underpowered. I think we were used to being OP all these past caps, and for once we're not in that position. And I've enjoyed PvP for the most part as a mage. Granted, there will be times when I get the worst streaks of bad luck against bears simply because if they dodge and then hit you, there is literally nothing you can do. But that's more of a dodge issue...
    Exactly! I love a new challenge with us mages finally, pvp was getting a bit boring. After a while i managed this cap and its not all that hard anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Yea remaking maps/mobs. And taking maps/mobs from other maps is real hard. Ive done it a time or two.
    Go play call of duty or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Appeciate the feed back yo. However, bears can nuke mage but mage cant nuke bears. Goes for some other classes as well. How this logical?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    Go play call of duty or something
    You probably should...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Appeciate the feed back yo. However, bears can nuke mage but mage cant nuke bears. Goes for some other classes as well. How this logical?
    Why would anything ever be able to nuke bear....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Because mages are support healers, and bears are meant to tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

You say mages are underpowered yet a team consisting of a mage will probably win Ghost's tournament.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Bears are tough one vs one. But that's the issue with our concept of balanced PvP in PL. Sometimes classes aren't as well equipped for 1v1s. Our class has always been meant to support. And while I think our heal is relatively low at the moment, we're still an incredible support class – our quick heal cool down allows us to to free our teammates from any stuns, freezes, or roots. We can revive and debuff. And we can nuke at the right times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

You have to look at it as bears have mostly single target skills like birds. They also arent ranged. So when they hit you it has to hit hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Bears are tough one vs one. But that's the issue with our concept of balanced PvP in PL. Sometimes classes aren't as well equipped for 1v1s. Our class has always been meant to support. And while I think our heal is relatively low at the moment, we're still an incredible support class – our quick heal cool down allows us to to free our teammates from any stuns, freezes, or roots. We can revive and debuff. And we can nuke at the right times.
    I get mages are supposed to be used for support. However, when rhinos have better armor and better heals its defeats the purpose.