Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    You have to look at it as bears have mostly single target skills like birds. They also arent ranged. So when they hit you it has to hit hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bears can pull from like what 12m? Mage so weak all it takes pull, hell scream, sms, slash stomp. Somthing like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    You say mages are underpowered yet a team consisting of a mage will probably win Ghost's tournament.
    Yes. Ia double mage team would lose. A pro bird and pro mage would likely win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Hohoho, finally I don't have to say you mymy that thing that I kept saying since last few decades oops, last few months because everybody already said that directly or indirectly - go learn mage, still a nice time to do that. If I was more active and not lazy to lvl up, I'd play mage most of the time and who knows I'd be also able to beat nemo with my mage ofc after re-analysing my own gameplay vids and learning from em and attending nemo's lecture on town and so on.

There's a really very thin and fine line between a balanced class and op. If ur (mage) play style is ordinary, u can't and shouldn't be able to beat someone exceptional (other class) u have to be exceptional, if ur class get buffed then ofc that gap can be filled but then exceptional mages will wreck havoc on other class exceptional players.

About tanks, I'll discuss here latter IF necessary.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    I get mages are supposed to be used for support. However, when rhinos have better armor and better heals its defeats the purpose.
    Rhinos are also a support class. We have this notion that mages need to be the best support class. Rhino's can't nuke and deal massive AOE damage like us mages. All classes have their tradeoffs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Rhinos are also a support class. We have this notion that mages need to be the best support class. Rhino's can't nuke and deal massive AOE damage like us mages. All classes have their tradeoffs.
    At this point in time they do more damage then mage, yet can tank, and heal better. I could care less if mage is the best. I care about dying to a bird or bear before i can even use drain. They can nuke us but we cant nuke it. Logical. Not only that. But even if i could kill other classes id still probably say something about it. Cause take a bird like chaotik or cold. Both people who know bird very well. If a new player decides they want to try pvp with mage. They are going to get farmed. Im all for skill gaps but if a bird can just spam skills vs mage and kill it easily. How will that person every learn i watched 2 pro mages get farmed by a nub bird that was spamming skills. A bird shouldnt be able to 1v2 mages easily. People say "the game is dying" yet it seems as if they dont care. In fact i completely stopped buying platinum cause of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Hohoho, finally I don't have to say you mymy that thing that I kept saying since last few decades oops, last few months because everybody already said that directly or indirectly - go learn mage, still a nice time to do that. If I was more active and not lazy to lvl up, I'd play mage most of the time and who knows I'd be also able to beat nemo with my mage ofc after re-analysing my own gameplay vids and learning from em and attending nemo's lecture on town and so on.

There's a really very thin and fine line between a balanced class and op. If ur (mage) play style is ordinary, u can't and shouldn't be able to beat someone exceptional (other class) u have to be exceptional, if ur class get buffed then ofc that gap can be filled but then exceptional mages will wreck havoc on other class exceptional players.

About tanks, I'll discuss here latter IF necessary.
    "Learn mage" says the guy who doesnt even play mage. Farmed you 80 cap. Farmed you 85. Congrats you can finally kill me. Reading anything you type is a waste of my time because its so irrelevant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Listen to the guy who cried on the forums the most about mage being "op". Reading anything you say is probably a waste of my time. Thats if i can even understood what you said caise such bad english.
    Why do you even make a thread when you're being stubborn and won't listen to anyone's opinion. You want your class to be op and easy to play just like 85 cap. 85 talon mage would easily 1v1 any class it was easily stronger than birds in 1v1s as well. And as I remember you were one of the players abusing the talon build instead of picking the more challenging way to play mage, int build (didn't see you play blaster either seems like it was too hard for you). 85 cap was pretty much either dex mages or birds+ a couple of rhinos and foxes and no bears and I didn't hear much complaining back then from you. Maybe because of the simple fact that talon mage was easily the strongest 1v1 class out of all even though bird was op in 3v3s and strong in 1v1s.

Like I said, don't make a thread if you're just going to create a big argument out of it, let's not be hypocrites here. You crush everyones opinions simply because you can't dominate with your own class, there's not much else to it. "Bears can nuke mages but mages can't nuke bears" just exposed your ... lack of intelligence.
    Last edited by Blyzzor; 07-22-2017 at 09:54 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blyzzor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

At this point in time they do more damage then mage, yet can tank, and heal better. I could care less if mage is the best. I care about dying to a bird or bear before i can even use drain. They can nuke us but we cant nuke it. Logical. Not only that. But even if i could kill other classes id still probably say something about it. Cause take a bird like chaotik or cold. Both people who know bird very well. If a new player decides they want to try pvp with mage. They are going to get farmed. Im all for skill gaps but if a bird can just spam skills vs mage and kill it easily. How will that person every learn i watched 2 pro mages get farmed by a nub bird that was spamming skills. A bird shouldnt be able to 1v2 mages easily. People say "the game is dying" yet it seems as if they dont care. In fact i completely stopped buying platinum cause of this.
    They typically do more damage in a 1v1 scenario. But I said it before and I'll say it again, mages can dish out more damage to more players with fewer spells in light of our AOE skills. There are tradeoffs. Combine a mage's drain and heal and it's not too far off from the amount of heals a rhino gets.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Some good feedback here... Mage is dramatically lacking in mana... If you look at geared int mages 51-76 the mana to health ratio is around 2 to 1. Mage being the only class without a dodge buff (mana shield instead) the large amounts of mana are needed to offset the lack of dodge compared to every other class. They now have closer to a 1 to 2 mana health ratio. With such low mana and such high damage at endgame it causes mana to deplete with justa couple auto attacks...

Many saying mage is supposed to be a support class, this is 100% true and forgotten by many. Unfortunately mages best way to support has always been healing the team, filling the groups health with just a few heals, along with removing debuffs when needed. With the current huge amounts of health combined with the extremely low heal, replacing health to the team as a support player is nearly useless to even try... You pretty much just have to focus on removing debuffs, but all classes have a skill to remove these already.

Regardless of all the bickering on this thread it seems all can agree mage needs some help atm. Hopefully we can see some love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

....but if a bird can just spam skills vs mage and kill it easily. How will that person every learn i watched 2 pro mages get farmed by a nub bird that was spamming skills.
    I'll take this as compliment & I'm pretty happy to be called 'a nub bird' & 'spam skills' only thing I'd deffer would be 'I watched' rather I was one of the '2 pro mages' would be just exact, oh did I just say pro, nope u said, I quoted.

THX FOR THE COMPLIMENT.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-22-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    Some good feedback here... Mage is dramatically lacking in mana... If you look at geared int mages 51-76 the mana to health ratio is around 2 to 1. Mage being the only class without a dodge buff (mana shield instead) the large amounts of mana are needed to offset the lack of dodge compared to every other class. They now have closer to a 1 to 2 mana health ratio. With such low mana and such high damage at endgame it causes mana to deplete with justa couple auto attacks...

Many saying mage is supposed to be a support class, this is 100% true and forgotten by many. Unfortunately mages best way to support has always been healing the team, filling the groups health with just a few heals, along with removing debuffs when needed. With the current huge amounts of health combined with the extremely low heal, replacing health to the team as a support player is nearly useless to even try... You pretty much just have to focus on removing debuffs, but all classes have a skill to remove these already.

Regardless of all the bickering on this thread it seems all can agree mage needs some help atm. Hopefully we can see some love
    Mage is fine, i havent any problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Fire, ice, ms if needed. Drain lighting fire ice. There ya go typical build for killing birds. Keep rhinos iced, as well as bears. Foxes i dont really have anything except keep distance. And mages, well do normal combo. Mage isnt really all that hard. You are making it hard. Only thing that nees to be buffed is heal. Thats it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

"Learn mage" says the guy who doesnt even play mage. Farmed you 80 cap. Farmed you 85. Congrats you can finally kill me. Reading anything you type is a waste of my time because its so irrelevant.
    Hey buddy! You seem frustrated with the current pvp situation with mages, to be honest, mages just need a slight buff in their heal. Other than that I dont see anything else thats a problem. I've been enjoying this cap more than the past couple ones, its a lot less boring. Anyways, I'll be more than glad to teach you mage anytime!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

What's truly needed is a guide for mages
    So we can redirect anyone having trouble in PvP , so they can know how to beat each class. I can work on one i've start to figure out ways. I will make a guide one of these days then mages will seem like the top class if the top players of other classes don't share there ways. AAlright that sounds like a plan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotDiggityDog View Post
    So we can redirect anyone having trouble in PvP , so they can know how to beat each class. I can work on one i've start to figure out ways. I will make a guide one of these days then mages will seem like the top class if the top players of other classes don't share there ways. AAlright that sounds like a plan
    Guides are always great and useful, but the best type of guide is to just play and learn, and get a feel for the ranges.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HotDiggityDog View Post
    That sounds like a really helpful idea to people struggling with mage, but it wont make mages go any higher in the pvp chain. If anything itll expose our strengths and weaknesses to everyone else. Nice idea though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Bears can pull from like what 12m? Mage so weak all it takes pull, hell scream, sms, slash stomp. Somthing like that.
    Exactly where fire and heal come into place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Time for a serious comment now, It wasn't needed, Cause Ik if Cinco would read this, he wouldn't be convinced at all because you're lacking essential logics /data and everybody else opposed you with facts but still I'll do it. You're right I have not played L100 mage although I do fight with em all the time. If those player who opposed you here would actually support you I'd check in-depth even I'd make a L100 mage.

One single line of yours is contradicting strongly with every post you made to justify ur original point -
    Yes. Ia double mage team would lose. A pro bird and pro mage would likely win.
    "a bird and mage team is best team according to you, not a double bird team neither a double mage team, why? probably not the time to if you think birds are such op, bird + Bird would wreck any other team formation. ALTERNATIVE if I say if a mage is such valuable to a team then buffing it would cause the team op and just like before a team of mages would simply prevail anything else " - The logic that already justified by and stated by you.

Want me to point out each and every mistake you do like I did to ur video (hopefully you remember that)? probably not the time to do so directly, You talk about pro birds that's good but you never learn from em, you talked about cold, chao. The range play and range tactic of Kanital was Superior than cold & chao in fact any pro bird that we used to know who mostly rely on fast and accurate delivery of combo along with cold's dependency of a PARTICULAR range glitch RATHER THAN range tactics, now I'm sure both the range things r out of ur reach. You talk about pro mages, but never try to understand that how they play, how a very few exceptional mages play, how that they not totally dependent of a combo rather than also dependent on range, kite, ms timing not like combo fails they fails. THE PROBLEM WITH YOU is that you jump into a fight then go to enemy and deliver ur combo that u learned and practiced, if that works fine if not then "wow sts nerfed mages to ground ........" there's no scope of learning, no scope of betterment, no scope of challenge.

Even every new cap demand some changes in ur playstyle and combo, but adaptation only means change to a better (op) set to u. Mages were op, most cap most of the time, when we say that unlike you we faced enough challenge, pushed ourselves to the far most level that anybody can reach ever, played such situations where getting in range means insta kill for birds and understanding everything in depth, played with favorite class at the time when favorite class was utterly under powered & like pretty rare species, you see it occassionally, Played against (2-1.3-1 multiple players multiple classes multiple levels & challenging situation not like wow that's an op class/ team/ higher level lets go to tree and leave to save kd every time, I'm not saying doing care for kd is bad but sometime facing challenges teaches you something unique.

The major problem I can see is that the both the tank classes, bear & rhino (thank cinco that tank mages, tank foxes etc are a thing anymore) are kinda op and interesting thing is that, the thing I asked to lower dodge cap slightly like 10-15 can solve many situations, it's more justified now because before at time when tanks were under powered, lowering dodge cap would make em weaker but now lowering dodge cap will actually help in all situations including tone down tanks a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Time for a serious comment now, It wasn't needed, Cause Ik if Cinco would read this, he wouldn't be convinced at all because you're lacking essential logics /data and everybody else opposed you with facts but still I'll do it. You're right I have not played L100 mage although I do fight with em all the time. If those player who opposed you here would actually support you I'd check in-depth even I'd make a L100 mage.

One single line of yours is contradicting strongly with every post you made to justify ur original point -

"a bird and mage team is best team according to you, not a double bird team neither a double mage team, why? probably not the time to if you think birds are such op, bird + Bird would wreck any other team formation. ALTERNATIVE if I say if a mage is such valuable to a team then buffing it would cause the team op and just like before a team of mages would simply prevail anything else " - The logic that already justified by and stated by you.

Want me to point out each and every mistake you do like I did to ur video (hopefully you remember that)? probably not the time to do so directly, You talk about pro birds that's good but you never learn from em, you talked about cold, chao. The range play and range tactic of Kanital was Superior than cold & chao in fact any pro bird that we used to know who mostly rely on fast and accurate delivery of combo along with cold's dependency of a PARTICULAR range glitch RATHER THAN range tactics, now I'm sure both the range things r out of ur reach. You talk about pro mages, but never try to understand that how they play, how a very few exceptional mages play, how that they not totally dependent of a combo rather than also dependent on range, kite, ms timing not like combo fails they fails. THE PROBLEM WITH YOU is that you jump into a fight then go to enemy and deliver ur combo that u learned and practiced, if that works fine if not then "wow sts nerfed mages to ground ........" there's no scope of learning, no scope of betterment, no scope of challenge.

Even every new cap demand some changes in ur playstyle and combo, but adaptation only means change to a better (op) set to u. Mages were op, most cap most of the time, when we say that unlike you we faced enough challenge, pushed ourselves to the far most level that anybody can reach ever, played such situations where getting in range means insta kill for birds and understanding everything in depth, played with favorite class at the time when favorite class was utterly under powered & like pretty rare species, you see it occassionally, Played against (2-1.3-1 multiple players multiple classes multiple levels & challenging situation not like wow that's an op class/ team/ higher level lets go to tree and leave to save kd every time, I'm not saying doing care for kd is bad but sometime facing challenges teaches you something unique.

The major problem I can see is that the both the tank classes, bear & rhino (thank cinco that tank mages, tank foxes etc are a thing anymore) are kinda op and interesting thing is that, the thing I asked to lower dodge cap slightly like 10-15 can solve many situations, it's more justified now because before at time when tanks were under powered, lowering dodge cap would make em weaker but now lowering dodge cap will actually help in all situations including tone down tanks a bit.
    Agreed. Many believe that the combo they come to learn and use will work everytime. That isnt the case. Especially with mages. Idk why this is a hard concept for some to learn. Just adapt and play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    Hey buddy! You seem frustrated with the current pvp situation with mages, to be honest, mages just need a slight buff in their heal. Other than that I dont see anything else thats a problem. I've been enjoying this cap more than the past couple ones, its a lot less boring. Anyways, I'll be more than glad to teach you mage anytime!
    Brilliant idea. Take tips from the people you farm so you can farm them more. Id love them