Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hi Mymysticalmag!

You're right to argue that mage is weak in terms of 1v1. We do need a larger heal and maybe a bit more armor and mana. However, we make up for it with our dodge factor. You forget that mages shouldn't have 40+ dodge. Yes, the other classes have far more dodge. But once you cross 40 dodge, it's basically the same sense of chance for a dodge. So that 100 dodge that other classes have, is useless and actually quite excessive.

As for rhinos, they can nuke you, but you have the skills to fight them as well. Fire, icestorm, frostbite, and weakness all destroy rhinos. It's unlikely that they'll dodge all 4 of these skills. As for bears, I've beaten many bears in 1v1 and even in ffa. The only one I'd lost to in a fair game is Crash. The score was 10:8. Crash is one of the best bears in game and I only lost by 2. A win or loss by 2 could easily be justified by luck and could go either way. You complain that bears can nuke mages but mages can't nuke bears. Just because a bear is a tank doesn't mean it can't do damage. If you look at other games for example, if a mage/support character is caught by the tank or a melee assassin/warrior it dies. It's the same in this game. Moving on to birds, I do agree the win rate is far less than you'd win against a rhino or bear, but it's doable. You'll most likely lose 1v1 against birds as I do too. This does not mean you can't win at all. Sometimes I only need to use drain fire to kill a bird. Then sometimes I use all my skills and the bird still lives with nearly full health. However, birds have been shredded past caps before when mages have been op. I never actively played 80 cap. But bird was unplayable even more so at that cap than mage at this cap. It's just a flow. Each class dominates at different times.

Additionally, in terms of team play, mages still do well. In team play, mages are still vital in order to win. I was one of the very few if at all the only one to be int at level 85 that mained as int mage. I started in 2010 at the level 50 cap. I've been int at every cap. I understand your position. You main mage too. You want a fighting chance like I would. Unfortunately, it's something that we all have to accept. There have been caps we have dominated and caps we haven't. It's just the flow of the game. There's nothing you can do except to deal with it and get better.
    Last edited by IiRose; 07-24-2017 at 09:10 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IiRose For This Useful Post: