Thread: Regarding devs

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Regarding devs

Can u do something with the PvP being dead @ 66? Or overall pvp
    Atm there's nothing to do but waste 66k & 6k on runs and loot worthless junk. Also doing maus is getting too boring. Too many people quitting which is hurting the game imo. Less competition in PvP and or pve. Not trying sound in grateful or anything but you Devs have to do something I'm grateful for the new content ect.. We the Community are supplying you with great ideas(IMO)that you have to take in consideration . It's lame entering PvP at 66 and no one to clash with.
    What are your thoughts AL community?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to You Mad Or Nah For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Theres really no point in looting all these new gears if there's no competetion between eachother in pvp, u join now n theres one to a few joining.. rare ull see full teams clash.. develope a new map to the least cause eventually u loot all that stuff from maus 66 maps or whatever ur gonna wanna try some clashes if theres nothing im sure nobody will go back to running the same map then gear up for no reason

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spookychaosArcane For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    Can u do something with the PvP being dead @ 66? Or overall pvp
    Atm there's nothing to do but waste 66k & 6k on runs and loot worthless junk. Also doing maus is getting too boring. Too many people quitting which is hurting the game imo. Less competition in PvP and or pve. Not trying sound in grateful or anything but you Devs have to do something I'm grateful for the new content ect.. We the Community are supplying you with great ideas(IMO)that you have to take in consideration . It's lame entering PvP at 66 and no one to clash with.
    What are your thoughts AL community?
    I agree with this statement...its great sts trying new things but expansion was not successful unfortunately. Pvp at 66 is dead completely, expansion is 1 stage and why would i pay 66k to raid useless items i cant sell? As for maus, fantastic idea for pve kept me busy for almost a year but now ive run enough to get dark and light apostle so im done there .People are semi quitting I dont blame them Im having a hard time logging on myself. My suggestion is nothing anyone hasn't already said MORE pve content another grind like Maus, expand pvp content Pvp is games biggest attractions and all tho having pvp dead was not sts intentions new maps and new content to live it up a bit would be nice and lastly bring back locks for us to farm! Maus is great to farm for gold but for most pick up and play players, maus is just not a great option cuz they dont have enough points to get into maus 5 and 6. I hope sts hears us out.. we are all on the same side here HOWEVER the community has spoken..We have been waiting for sts response !(except justg.. give that dude sometime with his baby) the rest of you dont have an excuse. Peace
    #BLUELIVESMATTER
    #THEMOVEMENT

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dynimite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

One more thing im not bashing sts just so we are clear.. tbh im still waiting for something to happen like a surprise party where Sts jumps out behind a curtain with ice cream cake an I am so shocked I fart a little...

#BLUELIVESMATTER
    #THEMOVEMENT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Please Sts focus on pvp..

I had pretty good suggestions on FFA Thread.
    There are countless threads about Pvp, but you guys seem to ignore them..
    Re-Adding leaderboards would make it more active and if you guys i think dummy farming is the problem its not, i've already posted how to get rid of dummy farming but got ignored..
    Also* the problem of endgame pvp being dead is because most of the people wont simply bother leveling through 288k xp.. If the xp was reduced or some xp event were added, it would be nice..
    (I am already 66)

What you guys should do IMO is following:

-Add new pvp mode with huge map like FFA
    -New CTF map
    -Pvp Leaderboards (FFA too)
    -Making Gold by pvping (somehow not exploitable)
    Last edited by Zulgath; 07-24-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgath View Post
    Please Sts focus on pvp..

Add new Pvp mode/s and new map for ctf..
    I had pretty good suggestions on FFA.There are countless threads about Pvp, but you guys seem to ignore them..
    Readding leaderboards would make it more active and if you guys i think dummy farming is the problem its not, i've already posted how to get rid of dummy farming but got ignored..
    Also* the problem of endgame pvp being dead is because most of the people wont simply bother leveling through 288k xp.. If the xp was reduced or some xp event were added, it would be nice..

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk
    I wouldnt mine if there was an XP event where u can loot xp chests (non tradeable but maybe stash able) even tho I'm already 66. If that would help ppl lvl up I wouldnt mind. I think the ppl who are going complain about this are greedy ppl who are going to say "I wasted gold on XP elix,abbadon, egg ring etc... "Blah blah. man stop thinking about yourself. If you are already rich but don't wana see people try to prosper in a game something is wrong with you IMO. Even tho I wasted a lot of gold to lvl up quicker I still don't mind if Sts did this but that's just me. ✌💯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Simple solution.

Give us a date for a endgame 10v10 guild battlegrounds tournament.

What does this lead to?
    - People level up to 66 as fast as they can

- Endgame PvP and battlegrounds become extremely active because there are more people at level 66 and people will want to hone their skills for the tournament

- Raid is more active because there are more people at level 66 and some people will want to farm raid to loot nightmare set pieces that they will need for the tournament

- The mausoleum will become extremely active because some people need to farm the gold necessary to enter the raid continuously

- Nightmare crates (even with the horrid drop rates) will be worth opening because the items will have worthy prices, because people need the items for the tournament.

- STS makes more money

- Time bought to implement new PvP ideas

Before you ask. Yes, I am from an alternate timeline where STS decided to implement this idea. It was successful. Hopefully it is done in your timeline so our times converge at a single point to proceed into the future
    Last edited by Perceval; 07-24-2017 at 06:54 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgath View Post
    Could some DEV take a look at this? I think its worth reading in case you guys are thinking of new Pvp FFA mode

What about adding these too:

-Huge Map with 10-15 players

-New FFA KDR

-Removing names from players while playing so we dont see who is who and eventually teaming up with them

-Match starts when player count reaches 4 (?)

-Match ends at player reaching 10-20 kills or 5-10 mins after match starts (can be more or less)

-FFA achievements so PVE players will try to play this new mode too (so if they like it, it would be more active)

-After match ends we would see who placed in which spots with kill counts and what class they are

-FFA leaderboard please? If the FFA is going to be really active and players couldn't join through friends list there wouldnt be any chance dummy farmers could take any spots in LB or only allow the leaderboards in endgame, since twinks are less active now and there would be high chance of dummy farming taking places here

-U cant equip or unequip other gears than what u get in start of the match (balanced gear to everyone)

-Random spawns with huge map, this could destroy dummy farmers

-IF FFA leaderboards is going to be a thing, could some DEV take a weekly quick look at some of the datas from the leaderboards in case Dummy farmers are gonna do their job
    I will quote my self

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zulgath For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=401733
    Last PvP thread that was made

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Sts we appreciate your hard work on PVE, but as you guys can see we also want you to focus on PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Also.. We would highly appreciate if PVP changes would come this season, because it just freshly started and waiting to next season would be pretty painful.
    Made it as much constructive as I could.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Originally Posted by Cinco
    I've been working on a different kind of PvP map that integrates some of the 'KotH' features you mention along with 'siege weaponry' a'la Castle Building. While gear issues are always a major concern in PvP, the biggest challenges to this idea surround the emplacements and Castle building. I think the idea's got a toe-hold via the housing system but there's a lot of work to be done with respect to how siege weapons / castle pieces would be crafted, placed, etc. I favor a consumable system where if the castle defense is destroyed, it's gone forever and you have to craft it again. Others favor players being able to recover their destroyed machinery after some period of time (with a Platinum timer buy-through).

I'm also very interested in a PvP mode where you can only enter with a certain set of gear. This would give us a chance to balance a particular suite of gear (and I'd wanna do this for 66's only to start with) and create a PvP arena scenario where all participants are effectively 'balanced' to a neutral standard. Not sure if I can pull it off, but what I want to do is make it so that once you're in the PvP gear and you enter the Arena, you can't change your loadout; you must remain in the approved set for your class 'til the clash is done. Leave you lose, etc.

We went all-in on Spectator mode for Call of Champions and it was pretty fun. That said, I'm not sure if it's something people would use more than once in Arcane Legends - unless you're a full-time streamer or something.

Round-based PvE stuff and overall improvements to the 'Gauntlet' style of gameplay do interest me quite a bit. We're working on something (unrelated to AL) that does this exact sort of thing - 'except for the limited lives. I'll take the life limitation into consideration 'cause I think that's pretty cool too.

Neighborhoods. You probably won't believe this, but "neighborhood" zones were part of the original housing concept. I wanted players to get plots of land adjacent to each other. The server would dynamically seam them together. Active players are put next to other active players while those who have not logged in for some time are placed in another less active 'neighbor zone.' In a later revision, I went for a 'territorial control' concept wherein players could fight for a literal space on a terrain grid to place their house.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

The game has simply become too large for what it has. STS has progressed the game from one point forward when instead they should have continuously worked through the entire game. Each cap expanded upon the Endgame aspect of the game without paying much attention to the mid-game content needed to bring late players forward in the game in a productive manner.

Imagine the world is in a famine and most of the food left on Earth is in a multi-story building. The first people walk up the stairs up to the second floor, and inhabit it for a while living off of the food needed to stay alive. After a while, a new staircase is built leading up to the third floor, and everyone still alive moves up to the third floor to live there. Then comes the fourth floor, then the fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth. After natural selection runs its course, many of the original people have died because of disease, injury, age, etc. leaving only 20% of the original people left.

While the building was growing, new people were discovering it, so they entered and managed to feed off of what was left on their way to catch up to the people who kept up with the development of the building. They walked up the stairs and most of them survived the journey. But as the building grew, it took more time and effort to reach the top. Climbing stairs from the first to the 5th floor wasnt as arduous of a task as climbing from first to the eighth. And as time grew and more people passed by, the amount of food in each of the floors started to dwindle away.

The building is now developed at the tenth floor, Those who are left are either living up top, or crawling around on the lower floors trying to find the energy to climb up. Most do not make it.

This is an example of how i see the game currently. Each floor represents a new cap or new expansion. The food represents farming or general interest that drives players to play or grow with the game. If you don't have enough food or motivation to get players to go through a phase of the game, they likely won't do it. The quest system revamp helped it quite a bit, replacing the stairs with escalators on the lower half of the building, but much of that fluidity died off afterwards after the stairs grew more and more steep with the new system of "increasing xp needed per level after each level, with a sharp increase after lv41". STS should have created or added more food to each floor everytime a new floor was added.

Synopsis: Endgame shouldn't be the only thing expanding in the game. Players seek wealth from the very beginning, so that should be taken advantage of. Twink progression should be taken seriously as it is (or was) not only a huge demographic for the game, but it contains most of the beginning opportunities for new players to gain a quick buck. Occasionally releasing new low-midgame tombs or rotating new gear into the older maps would have helped tremendously with driving players to reach the end of the game. So this could be much to blame for why endgame PvP/PvE isnt as active as it used to be. Those who actively took upon themselves to run end-game have already retired, while most of the other players are struggling to reach cap. If the game was shorter, if the level cap was 31 or so, it wouldnt be a problem because the player base is more dense and is distributed between each level. But now that AL is a big game, It's harder for new players to find anyone to run with mid-game because each segmented level of the game doesnt have a dedicated demographic of players to support it.

Sorry for the long-winded post, thank you to those who read the whole thing. I tried to bold the basic idea behind the post.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

The purpose behind expansion was for STS to make money as it would push players to buy platinum. However, STS shifted it to making a gold sink so people could use up their gold earned in mausoleum/ elite south gates because prices for things were rising and things were increasing exponentially and gold was becoming less valuable. This was successful but now people complain about losing gold to run 66k gold run. You are NOT being pushed to do it so dont complain about using up your gold because you are not patient to run once a day ( this is bad design, i agree) or want to level up fast. This map was not designed for gold so it is futile to complain about losing gold. This was requested by the community so don't blame STS because this is the solution they came up with. You are not wasting money because you still get gameplay out of it and xp for cap which i agree does nothing. Sad to say this, but i am starting to feel like STS stopped caring. I even doubt that they will read or respond to this. I can 100% guarantee people will complain again when Km3 is back as gold loot weapons will start to lose their value since many many people will prefer to farm locked because it is so much easy and less effort than farming m6 or elite gates. furthermore, people used to complain about being slaves to Km3 and asked for solution and now they want it back again. PVP is important and i do belive they should bring LB back on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    The game has simply become too large for what it has. STS has progressed the game from one point forward when instead they should have continuously worked through the entire game. Each cap expanded upon the Endgame aspect of the game without paying much attention to the mid-game content needed to bring late players forward in the game in a productive manner.

Imagine the world is in a famine and most of the food left on Earth is in a multi-story building. The first people walk up the stairs up to the second floor, and inhabit it for a while living off of the food needed to stay alive. After a while, a new staircase is built leading up to the third floor, and everyone still alive moves up to the third floor to live there. Then comes the fourth floor, then the fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth. After natural selection runs its course, many of the original people have died because of disease, injury, age, etc. leaving only 20% of the original people left.

While the building was growing, new people were discovering it, so they entered and managed to feed off of what was left on their way to catch up to the people who kept up with the development of the building. They walked up the stairs and most of them survived the journey. But as the building grew, it took more time and effort to reach the top. Climbing stairs from the first to the 5th floor wasnt as arduous of a task as climbing from first to the eighth. And as time grew and more people passed by, the amount of food in each of the floors started to dwindle away.

The building is now developed at the tenth floor, Those who are left are either living up top, or crawling around on the lower floors trying to find the energy to climb up. Most do not make it.

This is an example of how i see the game currently. Each floor represents a new cap or new expansion. The food represents farming or general interest that drives players to play or grow with the game. If you don't have enough food or motivation to get players to go through a phase of the game, they likely won't do it. The quest system revamp helped it quite a bit, replacing the stairs with escalators on the lower half of the building, but much of that fluidity died off afterwards after the stairs grew more and more steep with the new system of "increasing xp needed per level after each level, with a sharp increase after lv41". STS should have created or added more food to each floor everytime a new floor was added.

Synopsis: Endgame shouldn't be the only thing expanding in the game. Players seek wealth from the very beginning, so that should be taken advantage of. Twink progression should be taken seriously as it is (or was) not only a huge demographic for the game, but it contains most of the beginning opportunities for new players to gain a quick buck. Occasionally releasing new low-midgame tombs or rotating new gear into the older maps would have helped tremendously with driving players to reach the end of the game. So this could be much to blame for why endgame PvP/PvE isnt as active as it used to be. Those who actively took upon themselves to run end-game have already retired, while most of the other players are struggling to reach cap. If the game was shorter, if the level cap was 31 or so, it wouldnt be a problem because the player base is more dense and is distributed between each level. But now that AL is a big game, It's harder for new players to find anyone to run with mid-game because each segmented level of the game doesnt have a dedicated demographic of players to support it.

Sorry for the long-winded post, thank you to those who read the whole thing. I tried to bold the basic idea behind the post.
    100% agree..

Truth is earlier expansions were so lovely.. sts should use them..
    A system without increase in level cap moulding cap system in rank and set (separate for each expansion) will be nice so players play all stages of all expansions..
    I wont mind if my almost 65 toon is de-levled back 61 and equivalent amount of rank points are given to me so that I can enjoy new expansion while enjoying earlier expansions too..
    Right now I'm feeling leveling as mistake cos all other maps like elite king are empty

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Majin For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Right now there's really not much motivation in farming in the new expansion. Either still continue to farm maus or just burn gold in raid zone lol. Miss the good old days when the planar arena and the planar tombs were released, so much fun . Also back when there were no awakenings, taverns or any kind of buffs apart from pets and empty pvp rooms filled within seconds across all levels. Would be great if devs come up with something similar to the arena or tombs thats worth farming for everyone and yes, make pvp active again somehow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

O-O the kids are waking up from the bad dreams. QUICK DO SOMETHING put them in bed and make them do quest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Thats the surprise that would shock me and make me fart a little

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I'm lvl 66 and I can confirm that there is no one in PVP, the raid zone is hard but can be easy if you have luck and in your random map there is 3 or 4 magues with arcane staff lvl 46 and I think the expansion was only made to take money away from the economy since there was too much money in the game one 10 min elixir 2x damage cost 77k gold.

All my lvl 66 friends are offline 23/24 hours.

I hope devs dont think this is a salty coment. Just my opinion <3 hehe

If you ask me, I'm only waiting events :P

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]