Thread: Overlord

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Default Overlord

Now that many have leveled up their mains, and are focused on farming/pvp, runs in first 2 maps of asylum earth are pretty seldom. Meaning unless you are leveling up a bird overlord might take a while. Nothing of real value drops here so L100s will only join for the quest to unlock spacetime studios.
    The overlord has a ridiculous amount of dodge, so if you don't nuke him with a 3x toon that has a dev Dragon at the start and kill him, he can take some time to kill.
    First he will dodge all the barrels, then when 1 finally lands on him, you get thrown in separate directions, and he puts it right back up... like right back up. Like it doesn't even go away sometimes. I can see this making endgame stagnant after some time. The people that have already reached 100 get tired of the same farming, the people that haven't get tired of "you'll never get through this!"

A couple proposed easy fixes for this problem.

1. Make something of value drop in asylum earth maps 1&2... perhaps split where the new weapons and shields drop... have weapons drop 1&2 but shields drop spacetime studios. This will increase the amount of people farming these maps once they become useful for something other than xp.

2. Nerf overlord boss... perhaps put a cooldown time on his shield so he can't put it right back up. Or drastically reduce his dodge so the barrels are more effective.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I agree with the barrel thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Yeah you pretty much need a bird for shield bosses now because they have so much dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I find he behaves like he has a buff. There's a time when his dodge is really high then it goes back to normal. If you leave auto on him you will see they all dodge then go back to normal. So I usually get him to close to barrel and then auto some to make sure dodge isn't buffed. If auto is working I hit the barrel. If he's dodging I just wait until the buff goes away.

I know that doesn't fix the fact that he does sometimes put the shield right back up. My best advice for that is to avoid using AOE attacks so you only ever destroy one barrel at a time. It's not as fast as having a bird but it's way faster than waiting for all the barrels to respawn at the same time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ixillicus For This Useful Post: