Thread: Starting AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Starting AL

Hey guys. I've decided to give AL a go because it looks quite popular but I have some questions. I used to be an avid PL player but I want to know if AL is any different so without further ado, here are my questions.
    1) Are there any pvp restrictions? e.g a player can only join a pvp game 5 lvls above or below.
    2) Are all vanties tradeable?
    3) Is there still the option to spend plat and insta lvl to 57?
    4) How long does it take to reach endgame in terms of hours?
    5) What is the cheapest pvp lvl to play?
    6) How good is the sorcerer class in terrms of PVE and PVP?
    7) What is the gold cap?

Answers to all the questions would be appreciated. Any other tips or guidance useful to a new player such as myself would also be good.

I've posted this on the new players section but I think this section is much more active.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

1) Yup there is restriction of 2-3 lvl higher or lower.
    2) Nope but almost all vanities are tradable except few.
    3)It was and it will be back soon.
    4) By playing storyline u will be 41 in 2.5hrs then its hard to level if u want level up fast. Or you can level slowly by playing normally and doing daily xp quests.
    5) PvP is controversial now. Twink pvp isn't active, k vo 43,56,61 seems active.
    6) Sorcerer called mage in AL is like a cheat code in endgame PvE. Lvl 61 mages earn 2x more then other classes and welcomed by all parties.
    7) 99,999,999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Make Mage if you want to be rich, if u are vanity fan then I prefer Warriors.

Make a mage, do story to level up to 41, then keep doing daily xp quests for huge xp boost.
    DONT open expansive eggs(pets/companion) you can stack any pet in you owned pet for happines bonus or arcane ability. And when u don't need that egg, remove it I.e. un stack it back n sell it.

Use any old Arcane legends login if have, accounts after mid 2016 don't have big crafting inventory space like old logins also new logins can't trade for 10 days, they need to do story token quest for 10 days to buy trader permit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Cheers but there's another worrying me. I play AL on pc but see no plat offers. Are the offers only for android and IOS or are they fixing it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Most of platinum offers came from smartphone App. Also, maybe it's too late to join in. Anyway good luck.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    Cheers but there's another worrying me. I play AL on pc but see no plat offers. Are the offers only for android and IOS or are they fixing it?
    There are no offers on PC, plat offers in mobile version only available in few countries.
    I get 2-3 offers in phone and 0 in chrome version.

Btw AL isn't as good as it used to be 2 yrs ago,Many people are quitting recently and the game is turning into pay to win. The endgame is full of heavy plat buyers + very few f2p successful merchants. PVP isn't very active either. Most of the maps are empty always bcuz everybody is trying to merch items rather than farm, literally I always see 2-3 players in every town/city trying to buy stuff for merch/cheap price, this make merching harder these days.
    Last edited by hahaaahaha; 08-01-2017 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

By mobile version do you mean iphone or android? Cuz they a lot.
    Also the situation in AL is far better than the other games. It's the only 'alive' game STS have ATM. They ruined PL with no pvp lvl restrictions. Idk about SL or DL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Also the situation in AL is far better than the other games. It's the only 'alive' game STS have ATM. They ruined PL with no pvp lvl restrictions. Idk about SL or DL.
    AL is becoming like PL soon enough.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
    my entry is my signature!
    quileos: my guess is 1999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quileos View Post

Hope not, but when they release new game, it will be more similar to your analogy. 8 games now, two somewhat active depending on definitions.....

Sorry, I should have added- hi Vap, pm me if u want or send mail at my house, my ign is suentous here. A lot is different here lel
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 08-01-2017 at 11:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quileos View Post

This is the way it is with nearly every video game known to man tbh. A person can only play the same game for a limited amount of time before they simply get bored and move on to something else. PL was the best thing since sliced bread back in 2010. But along came AL in 2012 that really blew STS out of the water. AL is only 5 years old, but for such a simple-styled game, it is a long time. Skyrim was released in 2011 and now even it is a shriveled husk of what it once was. AL was kept alive by frequent campaign expansions that moved the game forward. Now we have veterans leaving because they have invested enough time playing the same game to become bored with it. And since AL is larger than it's content, it's hard to rebuild a devoted endgame community, hence the lack of activity in the game. It takes a long time to reach the cap, and since there is no valuable content to enjoy in between, players are growing bored before they reach cap.

A new game with a fresh start would not only eliminate this issue, but i can imagine many others would return under STS's roof to play again (myself included).

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    This is the way it is with nearly every video game known to man tbh. A person can only play the same game for a limited amount of time before they simply get bored and move on to something else. PL was the best thing since sliced bread back in 2010. But along came AL in 2012 that really blew STS out of the water. AL is only 5 years old, but for such a simple-styled game, it is a long time. Skyrim was released in 2011 and now even it is a shriveled husk of what it once was. AL was kept alive by frequent campaign expansions that moved the game forward. Now we have veterans leaving because they have invested enough time playing the same game to become bored with it. And since AL is larger than it's content, it's hard to rebuild a devoted endgame community, hence the lack of activity in the game. It takes a long time to reach the cap, and since there is no valuable content to enjoy in between, players are growing bored before they reach cap.

A new game with a fresh start would not only eliminate this issue, but i can imagine many others would return under STS's roof to play again (myself included).
    Actually they might be doing just that. They haven't updated any one of their games in a while (AL included I think?) so they could be making a new game. The devs must be recording the number of active players and basing their decisions on that information. Maybe they've learnt hat updating 'dying' games are not worthwile.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yes iphone or android,

Trust me, the game looks alive to you but to me it looks like its gonna die soon. I've been playing AL game since a looooong time and I clearly notice the drop in playerbase over the years. Currently farming is dead in game , people only farm very few maps actively. The pvp isn't as active as it was 2 yrs ago.
    You compare PL to AL, its good i know
    I compare AL to old-AL, its not good
    Hope you understand what I mean
    Last edited by hahaaahaha; 08-03-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Actually they might be doing just that. They haven't updated any one of their games in a while (AL included I think?) so they could be making a new game. The devs must be recording the number of active players and basing their decisions on that information. Maybe they've learnt hat updating 'dying' games are not worthwile.

AL wasn't dying although it was shining until devs worked in killing twinking. They forced twinks to endgame, and game became unbalanced.

Al wasn't inactive w.r.t updates although it was latest expansion which ignited all this.

U told twinking in PL is also killed.. means it's some strategy by sts.
    Dont know whats up in sts's mind.. thing I feel is they are getting late in whatever they planned..