Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowering the dodge cap is really necessary!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Exclamation Lowering the dodge cap is really necessary!!!

Dodge is being pretty much big decisive factor of PvP. It's so much that nearly half of the time, dodge streak can be seen till the end of a 1-1 no tank fight.

Since dodge won't be lowered from items neither dodge debuffs will be changed in an way that dodge debuff won't get dodged itself, it's really important to lower dodge cap and it's the first and foremost task to do. We can lower the dodge cap also because it will slightly tone down OP tanks, it may require to reduce hit% of rhinos cause they seems to have no disadvantages which a tank class should have. But dodge being such a curtain, unless you lower, its not clearly visible the current situation although it seems to have no more serious issue.

And also if possible dodge debuffs of all classes should be buffed only in terms of dodge debuff percentage, because single dodge debuff is useless in term of dodge debuff, can't breach the number for ex 90(actual dodge)-40(dodge debuff)= 50 (pretty rough) still high or close to dodge cap rendering it worthless.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

No.... just no. Pvp is as close to being balanced as I've seen it since 77 cap. A buff to mage mana and heal and perhaps less cooldown time for fox evasion and it would be about perfect. Your problem is your internet connection, not the dodge cap

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

as long as we keep the DOGE CAP at 69%
    Name:  20160729131701_YoKzCamFCmw4eFW9_1000-1000.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  142.7 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic Sword For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    No.... just no. Pvp is as close to being balanced as I've seen it since 77 cap.
    This is a compliment, I've happy that the compliment is coming from a opposite side. If you can't get that how it's a compliment, don't ask, just rethink.

Your problem is your internet connection, not the dodge cap
    The problem is that people thinks I talk about MY PROBLEMS in forums just the way they do, rather imagine it like greater and broader good of endgame pvp.

Slight about 77 cap - You compared it well, that was the age of STR dominance, as it's now but for different reasons. Also happy that you recovered from the black hole of 'mage underpowered'
    Last edited by Waug; 08-24-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    This is a compliment, I've happy that the compliment is coming from a opposite side. If you can't get that how it's a compliment, don't ask, just rethink.

The problem is that people thinks I talk about MY PROBLEMS in forums just the way they do, rather imagine it like greater and broader good of endgame pvp.

Slight about 77 cap - You compared it well, that was the age of STR dominance, as it's now but for different reasons. Also happy that you recovered from the black hole of 'mage underpowered'
    Dex beat str 77 cap... just like a good dex player beats str now... it's hard for you to tell because your internet is horrible. I went through your YouTube channel looking for green ping and it was non-existent. You really can't give an accurate account of the gameplay without a better connection. You don't know if anything needs tweaked because your not experiencing the game as it is. Your experiencing it as your connection speeds allow...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

If you have gone through my vids, then you wouldn't say this, because better than those vids never existed nor will exist in PL. For the rest, probably I understand abit more about game, server, ping and resources that used in a game than you do and the whole PL. Just saying ping gonna determine the game mechanics the way you described, is not true but some aspects is greatly dependent on ping and that never has been discussed in my original post.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

If you have gone through my vids, then you wouldn't say this, because better than those vids never existed nor will exist in PL. For the rest, probably I understand abit more about game, server, ping and resources that used in a game than you do and the whole PL. Just saying ping gonna determine the game mechanics the way you described, is not true but some aspects is greatly dependent on ping and that never has been discussed in my original post.
    This post shows your arrogance... you litterly just said you know more about the game mechanics then the developers themselves. Or do you even realize that? Perhaps the problem is also bad English?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Lol, not even used the term 'developer' in entire post.

Arrogance, right? If you really need to know that what is arrogance you should read back your own posts in 'mage' underpowered thread. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I dont agree lowering dodge cap, would only make bears and rhinos more overpowered

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Lol, not even used the term 'developer' in entire post.

Arrogance, right? If you really need to know that what is arrogance you should read back your own posts in 'mage' underpowered thread. Lol.
    Oh I'm sorry, you said the whole pl... i figured they were part of the game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

No.... just no. Pvp is as close to being balanced as I've seen it since 77 cap. A buff to mage mana and heal and perhaps less cooldown time for fox evasion and it would be about perfect. Your problem is your internet connection, not the dodge cap
    Uh, no. The dodge is definitely an issue. Mages should not have over 40 base dodge.

There's literally 0 skill involved in this game now. You can know ranges better than anyone and still lose because they dodge all of your attacks. Not balanced or fun, which is why I went to Brawl Stars (*cough* STS deleted my post about it).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Uh, no. The dodge is definitely an issue. Mages should not have over 40 base dodge.

There's literally 0 skill involved in this game now. You can know ranges better than anyone and still lose because they dodge all of your attacks.
    IKR. Doesnt happen to me that much but sometimes the dodge can be really ridiculous lol, that's why nowadays i usually only play in teams of 2-2 or 3-3, just because the dodge can have crazy streaks and can sometimes be a decisive factor in 1-1. I would be ok with a decrease in the dodge cap. Although doing that would also mean adjusting other things like hit% and what not so i doubt it'll happen..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post

There's literally 0 skill involved in this game now. You can know ranges better than anyone and still lose because they dodge all of your attacks. Not balanced or fun, which is why I went to Brawl Stars (*cough* STS deleted my post about it).
    That is a base dodge problem tho... not a dodge cap problem. And it's really just a problem mage vs mage. Yes mage has a higher base dodge than previous caps, i assume it's that way to help make up for weaker heals.... mages have always been able to heal to full hp with 1 or 2 heals. If dodge is removed from mage, mage vs mage fights will be more skill based, but get ready for beckon stomp deaths all day.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

That is a base dodge problem tho... not a dodge cap problem. And it's really just a problem mage vs mage. Yes mage has a higher base dodge than previous caps, i assume it's that way to help make up for weaker heals.... mages have always been able to heal to full hp with 1 or 2 heals. If dodge is removed from mage, mage vs mage fights will be more skill based, but get ready for beckon stomp deaths all day.

Says someone who quit playing mage and gone to rhino & trying to protect op class, I didn't say it earlier because, I was trying to reply with facts and trying to keep it viable discussion but then, it's kinda repetitive the same things now, that already have been said here and the 'mage' underpowered thread.

When dodge cap is lowered, it won't be lowered for any particular class say - mage, it wil be lowered from that bear too, so there's nothing much changing IN THAT sense UNLESS, you're THAT kinda mage, JUST AS REFLECTED in your sentence, who totally DEPENDENT ON THAT DODGE where the mage got saved from the beckon, just again it showed, you need to learn mage

Again, dodge is more critical fact for a tank, not SHOULD BE critical for a mage at all, so when dodge cap is being lowered, it actually beneficial for non tank class eg mage and a bit harmful for op tank classes, that's the point of balance too. So that's a MISCONCEPTION that it will be worse for mage in a mage vs bear.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-03-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Says someone who quit playing mage and gone to rhino & trying to protect op class, I didn't say it earlier because, I was trying to reply with facts and trying to keep it viable discussion but then, it's kinda repetitive the same things now, that already have been said here and the 'mage' underpowered thread.

When dodge cap is lowered, it won't be lowered for any particular class say - mage, it wil be lowered from that bear too, so there's nothing much changing IN THAT sense UNLESS, you're THAT kinda mage, JUST AS REFLECTED in your sentence, who totally DEPENDENT ON THAT DODGE where the mage got saved from the beckon, just again it showed, you need to learn mage

Again, dodge is more critical fact for a tank, not SHOULD BE critical for a mage at all, so when dodge cap is being lowered, it actually beneficial for non tank class eg mage and a bit harmful for op tank classes, that's the point of balance too. So that's a MISCONCEPTION that it will be worse for mage in a mage vs bear.
    When i use bird i beat you just the same... i still play mage as well, someone is borrowing my bracer atm... don't cry about op classes when you lose the same score to the same class as you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

When i use bird i beat you just the same... i still play mage as well, someone is borrowing my bracer atm... don't cry about op classes when you lose the same score to the same class as you.

I don't comment on dreams
    keep dreaming, it's beautiful.

And for "cry about op classes" -

Good thoughts that all work on paper...
    Unfortunately rhino has the buff guardian, so for the first 8 seconds they are immune to debuffs such as weakness and frost.
    From the thread - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...005-Mage/page3

Hypocrisy at it's best.
    And further PROVED that how the perspective changed drastically since you changed the class.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Why even argue with waug? You there is no point in it. Whatever he says is true. He is never wrong. He is never beaten. He is the best in the game bro. He never dies because of lag. Look at how powerful he made mage.

*sarcasm intended*

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mymysticalmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Dodge is the only reason fox is relevant in FFA... If i get lucky and dodge 4-5 shots in a row, I can get double and triple kills (Although that is very rare). If the dodge cap was lowered, there would need to be complete overhaul of the currently less desirable classes (fox and mage). And a nerf to bear damage so they they cant abuse the lower dodge by beckon stomping like 76....

EDIT: Spelled relevant as "relevent" XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Another issue about dodge is sts already tried fixing it in lower lvls by removing dodge from sets Along with a dmg nerf. This ruined certain sets and classes and made str gear so op it's saddening. These nerfs made items like esb/ phantom angle sets and other sets that were decent because of dodge worthless where str sets such a beast retained dodge making any str char overpowered ruining pvp. I relize I gave examples of 66-71 pvp which is currently dead but what some of you are asking for at 100 will be exactly what happend that level. Another reason was an unnecessary damage nerf that made str chars overpowered also. These nerfs were implemented during 85 cap and are still around if it was not for the no level restrictions I'm sure people would see these negative changes and not want to see it happen to an active level that is for the most part already balanced(100).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

The horse is legitimately a pulp at this point guys. Dolloway made one of the best threads I've ever seen on this topic which pretty much addresses dodge perfectly and how it can be fixed.

The problem isn't dodge. It's the amount of dodge that each class has at this point. Like I already stated, Mages (a support class) should not have over 40 base dodge. That's ridiculous.

Sure, dodge has it's place in the game. Birds, bears, and foxes rely heavily on it; but at this point it's so out of proportion it's not even funny.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 09-04-2017 at 01:20 AM.