Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: END OF SCAMS: Baseline prices for items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Lightbulb END OF SCAMS: Baseline prices for items

Welcome, prepare yourself for a novel cuz this is long... let's talk about scamming.

I realise that the concept of scamming has existed since a long time and it can happen to many people for not knowing "real prices" for items. I personally dont believe in a real price for items but many in AL do. I have a few friends who lost million in hopes of merching stuff like "fighting recipe", or " mold" or "cryogem ingot". People list them in auction for 3m and then sell for 1m to many others then next day they realise the "real price" of that item is actually 10k or 20k etc.

Since, many people has been complaining about nothing to do and find themselves being bored like me... Today i came up with an idea to put an end to all of that.

I have some free time in this summer break like many of you do, whether you merch, farm or plat, I invite you to help me do a spreedsheet people can use as a baseline to know prices for items. Like many things, it wont be perfect to begin with and will have it's problems but i just want to hear about what you guys think of this idea.

We can do a surveymonkey or something similar so both buyer and sell can vote what prices they would like to sell or buy their items... This is intended to help people find prices for items and will be updated on a weekly basis where all/ most of the items will be listed ( exceptions are common, rare , epic and legendary gears for levels below 56" cuz not many people buying them... SO yea, it will involve the prices for things that are quite popular etc.

some if not most of you might say, i know the prices and dont need this, well sir, this your opportunity to help us and tell the prices so we can catalog it for everyone. There are drawback to this like u wont make too much profit from an item but people won't be able to over price for items from u too because u can always quickly check the price here. I am planning it to be an online excel so you can also search and find item east etc...

There are many items so any help would be appreciated and i am mainly doing it as a hobby cuz i am lazy and bored but love AL. If you can relate, pm me in-game so i can tell you how u can contribute to this...

otherwise, just leave feed-back and complete this survey as a template to see how this might work
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QRDKPSW

P.s: The answers will be moderated by me, or others who chose to do so. This way people cant manipulate those stats. 100% legit and throwing some hate to all the scammers out there in AL that poisons the perfect game.

This is just a rough idea.. we can change this or make it even better or even ditch this and find something else if it helps. I just want the community to be scam free.
    Let me think if you think that this will work or not.

If you are still reading is word... and still reading this word... then still reading this sentence, you really need to stop now.

Stop reading omg....

I said stop, seriously.

... and Help AL community

Thanks for all the reading, I know it's a lot!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Don't forget Lowballing Prices is the same just other way around....jmtc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

*You will be ok*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I would just focus on those items that are used to scam. In the first survey there is no reference to thise items.
    Event stuff (like eggs/weapons/lockeds) to me must increase in price due to rarity, and a list of prices just make happy lowballers.
    Imo
    Last edited by Xxkayakxx; 08-07-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

hmm i completed survey, did not receive plat pls look into this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    I would just focus on those items that are used to scam. In the first survey there is no reference to thise items.
    Event stuff (like eggs/weapons/lockeds) to me must increase in price due to rarity, and a list of prices just make happy lowballers.
    Imo
    Scammers are clever. They will find other items to feed off of. Thats why i suggested most items originally. If people feel list is incomplete; they might not want to bother just to check it is not listed but I know what you mean... Thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

While its nice of you and all to help preventing ppl from getting scammed its not realstic, becuase MANY people do not use fourms..if they do they wouldve known the prices for some of the items and not get scammed,having a base price for items would mean sts should do it becuase even as a community we dont get to control such things in a fair way,i dont think sts has the time for it..and if so the prices would be based of plat..which is both good and bad, and for cases like imbalanced bar..its 1m in the vendor and 400k in auc..the prices werent updated with the auc prices and would never be :/. Your best chance is awaring people of the prices of certin items if they were to ask about it..just my opnion

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    an alxe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    Scammers are clever. They will find other items to feed off of. Thats why i suggested most items originally. If people feel list is incomplete; they might not want to bother just to check it is not listed but I know what you mean... Thanks
    Honestly I think this lost would take a huge amount of effort and few ppl (who read forum, and between them who knows about the list) will have visibility of it. To be reliable this list should be updated frequently (prices changes and "right price" to me depend on demand).
    Don't take me wrong, I really appreciate your idea to help ppl, but I can't think on a effective way to do it (I always try to suggest something but about scams.....it's hard) and I don't feel this list would be effective sorry for that.
    Btw hope I'm totally wrong and your idea will be a hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

+1 I'm sure this will be very helpful
    Thanks!
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I also do not like the fact that ppl list items way overpriced, but on the other hand they are free to do so..

It might be a better solution to tell everyone ( maybe as a tip while loading game ) that merching items is risky!!!!!!! If you wanna decrease that risk then you should not buy items your not familiar with.

Amen

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swoutttt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Nice thought. I want to bring up few practical issues. As you said scammers are clever , they may find a way to use this list as tool as selling point. Not mean to oppose your idea. I support

1. The list will have to be maintained permanently
    2. Update is to done timely as prices fluctuate. New items are costly always and go down over a time. When new items released how to really estimate old items. Examples : dragon staff and dragon sword. Dragon staff went down to 500k and back to 3 mil around now.
    3. Item prices depends on demand vs usefulness vs gold circulation vs qty available. Arcane shard is a good example. None of us have no idea what comes next. some times holding onto these may help in long run. How to fix a base line for these kind of items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Not knowing prices is part of been a beginner in the game . I dont think this is actaully call a scamm. But i totally get your point. Best way is to actually ask around and ask for a reasonable price of that one item you need or want. Life is never fair. And its your choice to pay that high price. Like when i bought ice spirit set i paid 45m players made fun of me saying i got ripped off now look how much the set is worth. Js your idea will be hard to make it work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

No trading system = No scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosybuds View Post
    I like this idea too as L63 L66 and arcane pets are Ridiculous prices just now !!
    Not Calling anyone out but 24Mill for Arcane Daggers & 9Mill for Bow, I know they are new and all but come off it !!!
    Same with some Pets Nothing Should be These prices,
    And Yes I know long long ago people payed this and that but That was then when most of you all sitting on the 200mill mark like a lot still are..
    I hope this brings the prices down a Lot !!
    So the Normal Average Person can afford these things too bc with all the farming in the world ( with not much too actually farm )
    Maybe some people will have a realistic goal too aim for, too get what they would like the way it was at one point too.
    Great Idea you've had hope it works out for you and everyone else...
    I wish drop rates are similar to lvl 46 arcane weapons even bit lower ok. Right now the loot rarity too high. Just imagine a friend of me spent 2k plat and got one nightmare armor , no arcane The lvl 66 items prices are high, I agree. But I don't think they are scam. Another reason for high price is merchant system. Probably the hike of prices around 1.2 to 1.5 times. I always noticed I want to buy some item and I work around a little short of gold to fill gap and back to CS, lol some one re list it same item for higher. Yeah I wish to get new arcane weapon around 5 to 6 mil around which I think both platinum and non platinum players are happy and willing to spend time and money on game. Yeah, prices are to be affordable by all community, specially when there is no other gear between lvl 61 -66.
    Back to the idea, yeah there can be some guidance but there are many dependencies. This idea helps to bring awareness in players. I saw in guild chat some player say " hey I find this item listed but a player offer me half of it". In spite many members told him not to go for it , if he still wanted to buy, no one can save them.
    Any case I wanted to say " the status of prices changes very dynamically " . Today 6 mil mythic armor was less than 500k 1 year ago. If drop rate increase the price drops down a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You have to think very well what you do

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobseller View Post
    Don't forget Lowballing Prices is the same just other way around....jmtc
    ur right bro...and this thread starter guy is just lowballing everyone in expi camp...so is he is just doin the other way around of what he is saying?lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nikool99 View Post
    ur right bro...and this thread starter guy is just lowballing everyone in expi camp...so is he is just doin the other way around of what he is saying?lmao
    I gotta be experienced to tackle this situation. I am doing field work haha.
    I mainly offer low cuz I don't really want the item that bad but maybe i will get lucky.
    Anyway, it's people's choice, I dont beg for it or constantly annoy them. If they want to, they can sell me for prices I offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Next time don't use toons to try and buy stuff at a really low price. Saying "handsumlegend sold me that nightmare helm mage for 4m gold 1 day ago" no wonder u get a lot of hate

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    I gotta be experienced to tackle this situation. I am doing field work haha.
    I mainly offer low cuz I don't really want the item that bad but maybe i will get lucky.
    Anyway, it's people's choice, I dont beg for it or constantly annoy them. If they want to, they can sell me for prices I offer.
    which means you keep giving BS to everyone....nice

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by truereligion View Post
    Next time don't use toons to try and buy stuff at a really low price. Saying "handsumlegend sold me that nightmare helm mage for 4m gold 1 day ago" no wonder u get a lot of hate

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    wow this guy doin this kind of trick?lol much more similar to scamming ppl....wow i think this is a EXPOSE thread lol..