Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Let's talk PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I'm confused by your use of punctuation - but I think you're saying the FFA is not a good idea. I disagree; I think it'll be a lot of fun.
    My personal preference is to make a suite of special PVP-only gears... 'cause I think it will be very nicely balanced. However, the more I think about doing this the more I'm convinced nobody is going to like it. It might work for PL or DL, but not AL: I think AL players will hate it 'cause many have spent years grinding gear that they don't want to put on the shelf just to play a new "balanced" mode. Would love to be wrong on this one, though! :-)
    Can you at least consider limiting what gear each class can use?
    That would be a much better FFA experience.
    #myopinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

I'm confused by your use of punctuation - but I think you're saying the FFA is not a good idea. I disagree; I think it'll be a lot of fun.
    My personal preference is to make a suite of special PVP-only gears... 'cause I think it will be very nicely balanced. However, the more I think about doing this the more I'm convinced nobody is going to like it. It might work for PL or DL, but not AL: I think AL players will hate it 'cause many have spent years grinding gear that they don't want to put on the shelf just to play a new "balanced" mode. Would love to be wrong on this one, though! :-)
    Like someone also pointed out, I really do think warriors would need a damage buff there and rogues would need an armor buff.

Join the guild 'Purge' and we can personally test the class specific idea in tdm if you want.

Might give you a better idea or maybe you already tested it, in that case nevermind.

@your reply to my earlier comment. Consider removing the top player leaderboard so the PvE community can at least share our pain ;P
    Last edited by Perceval; 08-10-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If it makes PvP more balanced stats and gear wise then many twink brackets ll come alive.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
    my entry is my signature!
    quileos: my guess is 1999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

a FFA for sure cannot substitute for traditional clashing. So a suite of specially made gear for just this type of pvp can certainly attract more players into it. More newbies can join in and see why pvp is so exciting and hone their skills in case they wanna continue it in some competitive pvp guild and pvp guilds can have their clashes and rivalry and what follows in tdms or whatever using their maxed out gear.so it's a win win situation.

I've played In all the major brackets except endgame and unlike endgame where even a maxed out player is often trumped by a guy who spent like 2m on their sets. At a bit more lower brackets gear is almsot everything. skill makes a difference only in a clash between maxed out players . So new players who don't have experience or gears r gonna be destroyed in an unbalanced FFA.
    It's just my 2 cents after seeing new players who wanted to try pvp getting slaughtered by geared players.
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skilledpvp View Post
    a FFA for sure cannot substitute for traditional clashing. So a suite of specially made gear for just this type of pvp can certainly attract more players into it. More newbies can join in and see why pvp is so exciting and hone their skills in case they wanna continue it in some competitive pvp guild and pvp guilds can have their clashes and rivalry and what follows in tdms or whatever using their maxed out gear.so it's a win win situation.

I've played In all the major brackets except endgame and unlike endgame where even a maxed out player is often trumped by a guy who spent like 2m on their sets. At a bit more lower brackets gear is almsot everything. skill makes a difference only in a clash between maxed out players . So new players who don't have experience or gears r gonna be destroyed in an unbalanced FFA.
    It's just my 2 cents after seeing new players who wanted to try pvp getting slaughtered by geared players.
    Did it sound like I was going to delete the other modes of Play? I'm not planning to do this. FFA is an addition.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Did it sound like I was going to delete the other modes of Play? I'm not planning to do this. FFA is an addition.
    Dude exactly lmao so creation of a new suite of gears just for FFA would be awesome
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skilledpvp For This Useful Post:

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Dude exactly lmao so creation of a new suite of gears just for FFA would be awesome
    Couldn't agree more! Not happening now - but it's an awesome future idea :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Couldn't agree more! Not happening now - but it's an awesome future idea :-)
    How about a slightly changed mausoleum map layout with the same changing map system? Would be awesome for every map to be something that can't be premeditated

I am all for the banners that change hands per week or so idea to replace my leader board obsession
    Last edited by Perceval; 08-11-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

What's the point of farming and spending gold on op gear if you can't use them in PvP. Obviously skilled and geared player should have an advantage over new players. If they are new, they will lose to someone experienced any way. They can be inspired to be better and do some pve and learn the game before pursuing PvP.

People spent 15m+ on nightmare sets and it will be unfair to expect them to buy more gears to try out a new game mode or limiting them not not use whatever gear that they want.

I only think the PvP gear showed be legendary weapons with proc. Not armour or rings etc even in the future

Maybe don't do LB but I would do PvP if there was really cool banner.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

As I said at start this new mode sounds cool. But honestly I must say -1 to creating new gear only for this new pvp mode. Im not a plat user and the gold I farm I spend them on the top pvp gear (always endgame) and even if i have not been able to get all the best items for this 66 cap I don't consider a fair fact the impossibility to use them in this new pvp mode.
    (Class based should be already fair enough)
    1 more thing about chat in the pvp mode. Yes for not allow chat with all the map /a this mode. But allow the one in the team, cause is still needed to cooperate the team.

-Will

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk
    Last edited by WilliamTheFighter; 08-12-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTheFighter View Post
    As I said at start this new mode sounds cool. But honestly I must say -1 to creating new gear only for this new pvp mode. Im not a plat user and the gold I farm I spend them on the top pvp gear (always endgame) and even if i have not been able to get all the best items for this 66 cap I don't consider a fair fact the impossibility to use them in this new pvp mode.
    (Class based should be already fair enough)
    1 more thing about chat in the pvp mode. Yes for not allow chat with all the map /a this mode. But allow the one in the team, cause is still needed to cooperate the team.

-Will

It's just for FFA. Tdm and ctf and more exciting forms of clashes and stuff r still there. Where U can dominate other teams wit ur gear. Honestly what pleasure would u get from killing random noobs anyways
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

It's fair to use our gear we spend our gold for..if arc gun is for pvp and for example i spend 10m for it..i pretend to be able to use it in every pvp map lol..guess it's normal..It s not "i have best gear so i farm nabs".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

The point here which I think is that in pvp everyone should have an equal chance to win or lose(like a democracy) which everyone says it's the best way of government. I'm jk lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

I can't give much of an opinion on this till I see it. The great thing is I play with a mage at 46 and just like everyone here I'll tell you, its really fun. I do have some questions (not sure if cinco or anyone will answer them but here we go)

1) What is the maximum number of people allowed on the map

2)will this allow players of all levels or only players in a certain level range

3)If they plan on players of all lvls , eg. Mages from lvl 1-66. How do they plan on balancing this.

4)assuming you cant really cheat in FFA. Can we expect a Leaderboard for this?

Note: one way you could make a Leaderboard possible is by preventing people from joining those on their friendlists and guilds. Also preventing people from entering when they're in a party. This not only prevents dummy farmers but it prevents people from gaining assistance from outside.

That's all from me, I really want to see this become a success. I've been doing pvp ever since it came out, while farming is the main thing in this game, as it is right now (no km3) I don't enjoy it. Thank you.

Sent from my TECNO-C7 using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

FFA banner would be impossible to dummy farm unless someone has the dedication to level up 3 dummies to endgame in which they should be awarded the pvp banner lol..400k ish xp for 3 dummies...

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    1) What is the maximum number of people allowed on the map

2)will this allow players of all levels or only players in a certain level range

3)If they plan on players of all lvls , eg. Mages from lvl 1-66. How do they plan on balancing this.

4)assuming you cant really cheat in FFA. Can we expect a Leaderboard for this?
    1.) I think the max should be 4 to start. If we really like the mode, we can experiment with adding more. We'll want to keep a 'ready, go' system no matter how large the max size gets... which could mean maintaining a low population.
    2.) We'll allow players +2 and -2 Levels to join the match. This is consistent with the other Arena modes (TDM, CTF) we have in Arcane Legends. Are you thinking about Pocket Legends where the PVP level-restrictions have been removed?
    3.) We don't so we're not :-)
    4.) Even with your suggestions, I don't think it's possible to create truly cheat-proof PVP content in Arcane Legends. For this reason there won't be any sort of Leaderboard for FFA. There will be unique kill, death and victory stats stored per character for FFA; but no lb.
    | | | |

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

1.) I think the max should be 4 to start. If we really like the mode, we can experiment with adding more. We'll want to keep a 'ready, go' system no matter how large the max size gets... which could mean maintaining a low population.
    2.) We'll allow players +2 and -2 Levels to join the match. This is consistent with the other Arena modes (TDM, CTF) we have in Arcane Legends. Are you thinking about Pocket Legends where the PVP level-restrictions have been removed?
    4.) Even with your suggestions, I don't think it's possible to create truly cheat-proof PVP content in Arcane Legends. For this reason there won't be any sort of Leaderboard for FFA. There will be unique kill, death and victory stats stored per character for FFA; but no lb.
    Ha nice one! Cinco strikes again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

I see. Thank you for the feedback.

Sent from my TECNO-C7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

It's just for FFA. Tdm and ctf and more exciting forms of clashes and stuff r still there. Where U can dominate other teams wit ur gear. Honestly what pleasure would u get from killing random noobs anyways
    Well in first person shooter games i like FFA the most😁

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I also agree with skilledpvp, on having a pvp mode with a predetermined gear set. It would be only in one pvp mode so if you don't like it then you can just join another mode. One of the main reasons I started playing al was because of pvp however, it took me more than a year to actually get a decent set. Also, there's been so many times where newbies enter blood beach and once they see my para glow immediately leave.