Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: approaching a girl you like: desperate for pointers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

ok so after the first encounter, i was still suffering from severe timidness. its been almost 2 weeks since ive had words with her (as of tomorrow) but today, the impossible happened.

there was an empty spot next to me (she was sitting directly across from me), and when we got to the halfway point, she got up and sat right next to me. We had a full blown conversation. My day has officially been made. My heads in the clouds right now hahaha. if she got up on her own and approached me, she must have some type of interest in me no? Either way, the conversation was great. we shared our aspirations with eachother, she's a liberal arts major and loves fashion design (As i assumed due to her amazing style), We spoke about highschool and how much of a drag it was for the both of us, and even had some mutual friends. Being at a distance from her all the time, i never noticed her amazing hazel eyes, which only made me like her even more. She's so easy to talk to (or at least will be when i become more accustomed to speaking with her, which should be soon) she's just.. awesome.

I started to give up hope, as i thought that i wouldnt be able to pull through again and that our previous encounter was some type of freak accident, but it looks like there will be more to come!

Stay tunned....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Thanks for the update man!!! You are *smitten*, my friend! I am enjoying following this story, it's cool that you're sharing it!!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

haha hopefully it goes somewhere and i dont get stuck in the friend zone! being anything with her is good enough, but an amazing girl like this, itd be heartbreaking to not have it go anywhere else. especially with all this trouble that ive been going through

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

You got this bro! Just remember, confidence is the key. No matter what, always remember that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Just go right in and talk to her lol. Ignore ur nervousness. That's Wht I do . Just pretend she's just another girl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

You're redryder, king of that school and all that surrounds! Now let it show mang. Hahaha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Just got a date set up!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Just got a date set up!
    FINALLY! Now show her some of that swagg we all know you have and your mad skillz! Then afterwards, you can convince her to start playing PL/SL with us!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Congrats dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:456278
    Let me start off by saying that I've NEVER had this much of a problem with this.

So here's my story/dilemma:

I go to school 5 days a week (mon-fri). Initially, I'd wake up at 5:30 am and go to the bus stop by 6:30, getting on the bus by 6:45. My co-worker that takes the same bus to school told me that she takes the 7:15 bus and still makes it to class by 8am with at least 10 mins to spare, so to get an extra half hour of sleep I started doing taking that bus. That is when I first saw Her.

I'd see her every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday but I didn't take too much notice to her. My tastes then were superficial. Now, I've been single almost 2 years. I've scouted around for a potential mate, but all I saw were superficial girls, and that's so boring. They always had their cleavage hanging out, skin tight oxygen intake reducing clothes, and I just got tired of it. I wanted a girl with class.

One morning when she boarded the bus, I just took an extreme liking to her. It came out of no where, and it felt like a smack to the face. She dresses so simple, but with so much class. She wears absolutely no makeup, short slightly unkept dark hair, light skin with freckles, and a smile that could make a whole room shine and a voice that'd make an angel weep. Here's the kicker; I don't even know her name..

It's been about a month since I thought of pursuing her, only a thought because every attempt I try to talk to her I fail and freeze up. What the hell?

At this point, I'm extremely annoyed with myself. Our first exchange of words, and all subsequent exchanges, were all started by her, with the first asking me a question a passenger asked her, the second asking me for the time when she has a perfectly functioning iPhone (hmm..) and upon answering she replied with a warm thank you and a smile that'd put this guy to shame:

Today was one of the mornings I would've seen her, but I guess she didn't go to class since she wasn't there. That was my breaking point. I've decided that I HAVE to take action on Tuesday. I missed the perfect pour tuning yesterday afternoon, a day and time that I'd never see her, but I blew it. I didn't have the bus being too crowded as an excuse, I just absolutely blew it and it made me realize that I have a serious issue on my hands.

I DESPERATELY need advice on how to get over my shy behavior and nervousness.

HELP!!
    Idk bro I had that sane feeling with my gf but Idk how I over came it, my thoughts are u should go and say hi and start slow

I have been with my gf since june 11,2011 and I must say it has been the best six mouths of my life,lots if people hate her and me but we really don't care as long as we are together that's all that matters <3
    <font color=#00FF00><span style=font-family: Arial Black>STARR</span></font>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Thanks for the words wiz lol, but I've already spoken to her and everything. Guys, I showed get my art and she was hella impressed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

leave it to red to get the firl with the art. GRATZ DUDE!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Default The conclusion

Unfortunately, this story has concluded. It doesn't end with me getting the girl either. On Christmas day, I was asking her what day she was good for our date, and I just got shot down. She said I'm a nice guy and that I deserved the best, she's sorry if she led me on, but that I came at the wrong time. She says she's more focused on her future, and I guess there's no room for a guy, that's if I ever even had a chance. I pursued her for 3 months just to get shut out on a holiday. I had a few drinks to unwind with my friend, who was also having girl issues. I was just a mess.

But there's a twist! Yea I got turned down, but I'm not alone anymore Friday night I went to my friends party. After A LOT of drinks, the host of the party is telling me that her friend thinks that I'm cute. I walk up to her immediately and just start talking to her (looks like I got my mojo back ). We have the same relationship history and share the same views on life. We really understood each other. We had hours and hours of deep conversation. Like the type of things that you never talk about to anyone else. Next thing you know it's 5 in the morning and we're still going. We hung out again for our mutual friend Marcielle's (the host of the last party) birthday. The new girl and I got into a fight because She got jealous over everyone wanting to dance on me and because I felt distant. I was still annoyed over me getting turned down by the original girl, that I might have been a bit distant. I took her aside and just easily talked it out with her. Right then and there, I moved in and we kissed. We spent the rest of the night together and we're dating now

My journey of finding a relationship has concluded, not as I originally imagined it would, but a nice surprise nonea

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Unfortunately, this story has concluded. It doesn't end with me getting the girl either. On Christmas day, I was asking her what day she was good for our date, and I just got shot down. She said I'm a nice guy and that I deserved the best, she's sorry if she led me on, but that I came at the wrong time. She says she's more focused on her future, and I guess there's no room for a guy, that's if I ever even had a chance. I pursued her for 3 months just to get shut out on a holiday. I had a few drinks to unwind with my friend, who was also having girl issues. I was just a mess.

But there's a twist! Yea I got turned down, but I'm not alone anymore Friday night I went to my friends party. After A LOT of drinks, the host of the party is telling me that her friend thinks that I'm cute. I walk up to her immediately and just start talking to her (looks like I got my mojo back ). We have the same relationship history and share the same views on life. We really understood each other. We had hours and hours of deep conversation. Like the type of things that you never talk about to anyone else. Next thing you know it's 5 in the morning and we're still going. We hung out again for our mutual friend Marcielle's (the host of the last party) birthday. The new girl and I got into a fight because She got jealous over everyone wanting to dance on me and because I felt distant. I was still annoyed over me getting turned down by the original girl, that I might have been a bit distant. I took her aside and just easily talked it out with her. Right then and there, I moved in and we kissed. We spent the rest of the night together and we're dating now

My journey of finding a relationship has concluded, not as I originally imagined it would, but a nice surprise nonea
    Nice dude but sad bout the first girl but turned out ok gratz!!
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Wow.... thanks for the "conclusion" Red. Though it seems this may be the end of the story you had begun to tell here... doesn't it make you wonder if it was all along really meant to be the beginning of a different one? The more time passes, the more I personally recognize this concept of "doors opening and closing", as it has been characterized - that when one door closes, another opens. I don't know that it's that simple, but I do know we are certainly not able to understand, at all times, where our lives are really headed. It's times like these you look back, and realize there might have been a reason for it all that you were not aware of - and those moments can change the way we look at things. Thanks again for sharing the story!! I feel like I've been spying!! lol!! Peace to you, and best of luck with your new girl!!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MimeRifle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Oh jesus christ ,once an old man said "A real man dose NOT fall for a woman" ok no offense I'm not saying be gay or don't get attracted to woman but be a strong dude and don't waste your time playing around,now please don't get me wrong and good luck to you getting your girl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I'm not condoning this, I'm just going to put it out there as a "suggestion". ...
    What you COULD do, is arrange for girl no. 2 to ride on the bus with you so girl no. 1 can see you together. This will let girl no. 1 know that you've moved on and she's been replaced. Girls are jealous like that. Haha. I've noticed that I can go to the same place over and over and not even be able to catch a girls eye but then I go to the same place with a hawt chick and the girls who previously wouldn't give me a second glace are suddenly smiling and waving and are the friendliest things ever. Then as soon as they see me without the hawt chick they're wanting phone numbers and want to hang out.

I think it would be interesting to have girl no. 1 see you two together. I bet the next time she sees you after that she would say she'd been having second thoughts and she really isn't that busy, etc and would like to go out. At that time you could either 1) take her up on her offer and go out with both of them until you decide which you like better, or 2) rub it in her face and tell her you've found someone who knows a good thing when they see it. You win either way...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I'm not condoning this, I'm just going to put it out there as a "suggestion". ...
    What you COULD do, is arrange for girl no. 2 to ride on the bus with you so girl no. 1 can see you together. This will let girl no. 1 know that you've moved on and she's been replaced. Girls are jealous like that. Haha. I've noticed that I can go to the same place over and over and not even be able to catch a girls eye but then I go to the same place with a hawt chick and the girls who previously wouldn't give me a second glace are suddenly smiling and waving and are the friendliest things ever. Then as soon as they see me without the hawt chick they're wanting phone numbers and want to hang out.

I think it would be interesting to have girl no. 1 see you two together. I bet the next time she sees you after that she would say she'd been having second thoughts and she really isn't that busy, etc and would like to go out. At that time you could either 1) take her up on her offer and go out with both of them until you decide which you like better, or 2)
    rub it in her face and tell her you've

found someone who knows a good thing when they see it. You win either way...
    LOL,I can't argue with that,that's 100%true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I think it would be interesting to have girl no. 1 see you two together. I bet the next time she sees you after that she would say she'd been having second thoughts and she really isn't that busy, etc and would like to go out. At that time you could either 1) take her up on her offer and go out with both of them until you decide which you like better, or 2) rub it in her face and tell her you've found someone who knows a good thing when they see it. You win either way...
    HAHAHA!!! Robert!!! tsk...tsk...