Thread: Cannot See What I Am Typing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Cannot See What I Am Typing

Since the update, I occasionally have a problem with my chat box in game. Sometimes I can't see what I'm typing. The chat box will open, but no letters will appear. I can still send the message just fine (it shows up in the chat log once I hit Enter). It does the same thing for whispers, though it doesn't even open up a chat box graphic for those. For whispers, it looks like just the regular screen, so to someone who knows the interface, it would appear as though I was typing a message in the inventory screen or whatever.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this very well. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Go to your applications and to your keyboard, and clear all data. It doesn't erase the keyboard, and it solves the problem

EDIT: Mine is called "multi-touch keyboard." I have a droid x2
    Last edited by Kahlua; 10-22-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

I have experienced this issue on my G2,, as for what causes it I'm not sure but I transied uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing data on keyboard app and it never helped I can however tell you a trick that is a easy temp fix

Try pressing the power/sleep button to make your screen go black/sleep then simply click the power/sleep button again to wake it up and unlock the screen. Then, voila the text should appear

Note: I had a slide out keyboard and this would only fix the issue until I pushed the keyboard back in then would flip back out to type and would have to make the screen sleep/ wakeup again to get my test back

Hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have tried the sleep button trick, and that didn't work. I'll try clearing data next. thanks for the tips!