Thread: Twinkers!!!!! Are you ready !!!!!!! The time for your comeback is here!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Exclamation Twinkers!!!!! Are you ready !!!!!!! The time for your comeback is here!!!!

Now that there is a new pvp map, how bout twinks revive? I mean it's gonna be pretty cool that 7-26 brackets revive yea? I need your opinions people thanks :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    Now that there is a new pvp map, how bout twinks revive? I mean it's gonna be pretty cool that 7-26 brackets revive yea? I need your opinions people thanks :-)
    Not going to happen, js. Awakens and pet combos killed low level twinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Not going to happen, js. Awakens and pet combos killed low level twinks
    Yaaa huuh so true

Rip twinks
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    I like your enthusiasm, but naaaah not gonna happen.

Sent from my TECNO-C7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Oh cmon, are they dead for like ever? Like no chance of coming back? I mean sts earns well from twinks ? Do they not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Too late for a comeback

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or sts should make a pvp system where everyone gets the same gear when he enters room, problem solved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kampfmaschine View Post
    Or sts should make a pvp system where everyone gets the same gear when he enters room, problem solved
    We've accomplished that!
    Pvp 19.. were all using the same gears, it's super fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Twinks r dead. Time to move on bud.
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skilledpvp View Post
    Twinks r dead. Time to move on bud.
    This. I plyed at 17 2014-2016 ans i tried going bacm about a month ago. Its dead af

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    This. I plyed at 17 2014-2016 ans i tried going bacm about a month ago. Its dead af
    So did i lel, going back to lvl 8 and gear up again was a big mistake, low lvls are dead and wont be revived unless we go back to the old days without awakenings/pet slot/para's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agirlnamedbob View Post
    So did i lel, going back to lvl 8 and gear up again was a big mistake, low lvls are dead and wont be revived unless we go back to the old days without awakenings/pet slot/para's
    paras and eyes were fine imo. yah it made a difference in gear but many could afford a para. And eyes had to be stacked to be significantly effective and even then similar stats could be acheived through jewels. But what made twinks great is that you could buy a toor, or singe, or maridos and 1 para and have a good twink. U didnt need nekro because every guild had some. For a few million gold you could make a good twink and have a blast.

Then Pet combos were added to the game the game creating an even bigger gap between the well geared and the super geared, both in the form of stats and the amount of gold needed such that those without mm stats would be at a huge disadvantage to those with mm stats/nekro AA. Ofc Maridos/singe/toor vs nekro was unfair for a vs, but in a clash you would be fine with one of the former pets. But once people had MM stats aswell as their nekro AAs, maridos/singe/toor could to little to compete. Then taverns and locations were added, making this gap even bigger. Awakenings added to weapons, more of the same. And so on and so on with awakenings being added to more weapons.

In other words, the amount of gold necessary to be remotely competitive skyrocketed from a few million into the tens of millions, and thus is the end of twinking. Lots played twinks cuz it was relatively inexpensive in comparison to endgame. U didnt need stupid expensive gear like arc rings, and ur gear would rarely become outdated. Heck rogues used lurid/dev bows forever and still do, warriors only had their weapons outdated once in the form of galen mauls before they were nerfed. Ofc lvl 16s had another round of weaps being outdated but those being released is not what killed lvl 16-18 pvp. It was the onslaught of pay to win mechanics being released by sts that ramped up the difference between the well geared and the super geared to be 10x as high.

I could have brought up the era of legendary pets being viable aswell but twinks were still well alive when arcs became affordable so i didnt feel it was necessary to make the argument, and i don't believe legendary pets becoming irrelevant to be a contributing factor to the downfall of twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agirlnamedbob View Post
    I've played ever since it came out so I noticed these falls in numbers over time. What you mentioned right here are the main contributors to twinks dying. Especially paras (idc what anyone says about these. The number of people that played in pvp reduced after they were introduced, I know this because I've twinked before and after the existence of paras). Awakenings made the gap between the rich and poor bigger, when you have the poor not being able to afford these kind of things guess what happens? They don't enter PvP anymore. And finally pet slots, personally I liked this idea, if it was introduced earlier, before what I mentioned above, I feel things could have gone a slightly better route.