Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices so low already? Come on guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I used "you all" loosely, instead of writing everyone's name.
    Greed is wanting more money then you'll ever need, and to keep wanting it.
    I need to fund my playing. If I can't afford stims, I can't play. Simple as that.
    As of right now, I'm losing money with every level I'm playing in.
    I get a drop, if it's commando gear I keep it. If it's not, I either keep it for an alt or try to sell it.
    If it's selling for absolute junk money, well then I've maybe bought stim packs for another day of farming.

Wanting money is not being greedy. If I'm using upwards of 100+ stims a run (1-5), I expect to make some of that back. It would be greedy if I just wanted that money to let it sit in my stash with the 45 sets of epic armor and the 300 vanities I was hoarding.

You know, this could all be avoided if engineers healed more....lol jk don't even start on that topic. Although I have been making a list of engineers I'll never play with again. One actually told me he doesn't like to use empathy is fights because it wastes his mana and he doesn't want to use mana packs. What a team player.
    I understand what you're getting at regarding needing enough credits just to keep playing. Unlike PL, it's hard to get by with what little credits are earned to buy essential stims needed from one run to the next. I think this is done in part by the devs so that we fail to resist temptation and buy stims using plat and save our credits. In PL I had no problem earning enough credits for potions, but such is not the case with SL. As a result I often see people holding back from using their skills because they either don't want to use up their mana or take aggro for fear of needing to use an hp stim bc the engi won't heal or another person in the group won't use a single skill to take aggro off the engis back. Whether you agree with the original poster regarding the rise and fall of the auction house economy, I think we can agree that it is hard for most to make money in this game just to sustain playing. I see a lot of people holding back from using skills simply because they have very few stims. That's a lot of great game play potential thrown to the wind because of the way the devs priced the stim packs to the ratio of credits earned for the average player. The average player isn't going to be making huge bank auctioning items...not everyone can be so lucky. It's sad when even the engis won't heal. That frustrates me both in my role as engi and also commando. I just keep reminding myself that people mostly hold back on skill use, even the most important ones for essential game play bc of the way the game was designed. Then I also remind myself that I am lucky to have what I have which may be more than others but not much, and try to find people willing to use their skills and keep doing runs with them. My main is an engi but I also love playing comm, I have a char in every class but an engi that doesn't heal is the absolute worst (to me) because as comm it really gets expensive to play...and as engi I feel fortunate to play with comms conversely willing to take aggro back so that I don't get smothered into the ground.

AL - Frostine: Sorcerer | | | PL - Frostine: Ench (70)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodvik View Post
    Can't help it if the economy in Star Legends is equivalent to that of the United States. Its high, stocks are good then BAM there goes my 401k! *shakes fist* Maybe our government is controlling the Star Legends economy. Soon they will let Korea bring in goods for 8% cheaper! We must retaliate! Lower the drop rate! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Thanks,
    -Rodvik

*Give Thanks If this post reflects your feelings.*

=D
    I agree with you Rodvik!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

When it comes to money, many people goes by the saying "I don't care about anybody else as long as I make money."

Very blunt, but true.

Nobody is calling you greedy here. What people are trying to imply is that this thread has no point. Nobody can control the market. Even if you make a plead in the forum, most likely, nobody will listen. Even then, majority of the players don't check the forums so they'll keep doing what they're doing. Every single player playing the money game wont be sympathetic towards you just because you don't have money.

That's the beauty of the market.
    Supply and demand.
    No other way around it.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Somone go farm and crash the market please i wanna get atleast one piece of gear to look forward to when i lvl to 35 lol

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    When it comes to money, many people goes by the saying "I don't care about anybody else as long as I make money."

Very blunt, but true.

Nobody is calling you greedy here. What people are trying to imply is that this thread has no point. Nobody can control the market. Even if you make a plead in the forum, most likely, nobody will listen. Even then, majority of the players don't check the forums so they'll keep doing what they're doing. Every single player playing the money game wont be sympathetic towards you just because you don't have money.

That's the beauty of the market.
    Supply and demand.
    No other way around it.
    Actually people can and do control the market lol. It's called mass merchanting. I was told at one point during beta that one guy dopey something literally owned almost every item in the auction. He with the money controls the prices.

And people DID call me greedy. Not implied, they used the actual term, lol.

EDIT: hahaha Rodvik, I feel sorry for you and your 401k
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I undercut like crazy, someone puts something up for 100k i normally throw it up there for 50k, yeah im probably shorting myself someq change, but when it sells in less than 10 minutes because the person buying is either like "omg thats so cheap compared to the next highest item" or their like "haha what an idiot he probably ment to put it up for 150k" i just got a great deal. My point is yes I undercut and I kill the market or should I say make it affordable for more people? Because now theres an opportunity that someone might undercut me for 10k cheaper or more. I get instant gratification like Gluttony said but now if I do that 10 or so more times now im up at least 300k depending on what i sell it for. Small profits eventually add up overtime and now its put me in a position where, well i dont mind losing 75k of my own credits (Halloween Haiku Contest) in trying to bring the community a littpe closer. Obviously alot of other people dont have my mind set but I mostly try to make money to do small events like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jenniebeans View Post
    Just because people aren't buying your items doesn't mean undercut everyone and keep driving prices down.
    Everyone has the right to post the items they own at the price they want to sell it at. As much as I despise undercutting myself. There is not much you can do. I had made a suggestion in another thread which I am having a hard time finding right now. But it was that there should be auction history. When you go to list an item a history of sales for that item becomes visable with max price,low price and average price that it had sold for. As for your being upset about not making any money once hitting 30. You are not alone. Here is a nice guide that may help you with that problem.

Edit: Upon further reading my suggestion was in the thread I have linked here.

Fac3 there was no link :-(
    Click the bolded word "Here"
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Oops...thanks Kahlua :-/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

supply and demand

and cheese
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flickz View Post
    what you said is true about farming but not every player gets a drop from farming so i dont think the game would collapse. I think people wouldnt be able to have as much of an advantage over other players just because they have alot of gold
    Without farming there is not much else to do for the higher players of that level to do, they'd get bored and quit. Then players wouldn't be able to join high level runs hence to hard to level and quiting. Not all in one day over a space of ttime, either way I think if the drop rate was dropped as much as SL it would have an effect on the game and the ones that play it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Sounds more like there's a 'problem' with drop rate more than anything else. The reasons why glyph items remain fairly high priced is that they are still fairly rare, and PL exists much longer than SL, so higher prices are normal (more gold/credits in circulation). Lots of people farm for glyphs, but the market is still not flooded like it appears to be in SL for current end game items.
    That's pretty much spot on.. and I think that's what Kah was trying to get at, maybe worded a little different but same meaning. If the drop rate was lowered players may feel a little gratified (if that's even a word ) for the effort they have put into this.

Have played PL since Droid users could and Beta SL so you can see the changes.

By the way you are talking about SL you haven't played much or at all? (could be wrong lol) The liquidation has been dropped quite considerably to nothing, (I like this, others may not) you can get 1-5 cred per liquidation at lvl 35 (36 cap) when in PL I was gettig 180-240 per liquidation. The difference is crazy but it has allowed STS to control the amount of currency in the game, so you can see how this has effected people's way of thinking.

Alot of players are comparing what they have seen/had in PL to SL and that's where the problem is. Say an item in PL is 2.8mill then the equivalent would be only 112k in SL (which in fact means cred is a higher currency than gold), due to the higher circulation in PL already and the amount that gets generated daily there.

Hope that makes sense.. not saying anyone is in the wrong or right it all depends on the reasons that make PL/SL a great experience (farm/fun/social/merchant) and since there are so many people with different opinions like someone else said this this topic could go on forever.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I undercut like crazy, someone puts something up for 100k i normally throw it up there for 50k, yeah im probably shorting myself someq change, but when it sells in less than 10 minutes because the person buying is either like "omg thats so cheap compared to the next highest item" or their like "haha what an idiot he probably ment to put it up for 150k" i just got a great deal. My point is yes I undercut and I kill the market or should I say make it affordable for more people? Because now theres an opportunity that someone might undercut me for 10k cheaper or more. I get instant gratification like Gluttony said but now if I do that 10 or so more times now im up at least 300k depending on what i sell it for. Small profits eventually add up overtime and now its put me in a position where, well i dont mind losing 75k of my own credits (Halloween Haiku Contest) in trying to bring the community a littpe closer. Obviously alot of other people dont have my mind set but I mostly try to make money to do small events like that.
    I'm with you brother. My goal in this game is not to hoard credits but to have fun with friends and make it enjoyable for them as well. I try not to take these games to seriously. I understand for some their reasons differ but you have to remember, in the end these are just games and not real life. Lets all just try to make this fun for each other. The major mistake I made was upgrading my inventory slots on three different characters and not upgrading the amount of auction slots I have available to sell. So now I am stuck with 200 crafting materials on 1 toon with only one auction slot. LOL at me.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    I'm with you brother. My goal in this game is not to hoard credits but to have fun with friends and make it enjoyable for them as well. I try not to take these games to seriously. I understand for some their reasons differ but you have to remember, in the end these are just games and not real life. Lets all just try to make this fun for each other. The major mistake I made was upgrading my inventory slots on three different characters and not upgrading the amount of auction slots I have available to sell. So now I am stuck with 200 crafting materials on 1 toon with only one auction slot. LOL at me.
    Upgrading accounts is the best deal STS offers us. 11 auction slots on 1 account with all that other stuff for like 30-50 plat? I forgot the actual price, but it would cost like double that just for the auction slots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

its also greed to want somthing thats rare and hard to get for a lower price. either way it is greed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can't help it if the economy in Star Legends is equivalent to that of the United States. Its high, stocks are good then BAM there goes my 401k! *shakes fist* Maybe our government is controlling the Star Legends economy. Soon they will let Korea bring in goods for 8% cheaper! We must retaliate! Lower the drop rate! Ahhhhhhhhhh

Thanks,
    -Rodvik

*Give Thanks If this post reflects your feelings.*

=D
    Amen

Spent almost 100k credits completing my custom set way way back. Now, my goodness I wouldn't even dare go to the buy section in the auction. I don't want to see how low it is to sell now. They should make drop rates really hard in sl to make gears such as these retain its value whatever its level. But I guess, spending that much is worth it at the time since it was nice to he one of the first few to sport the complete set. Epic sets aren't that epic if everyone can get them by spending a penny imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJSKRILLEX View Post
    its also greed to want somthing thats rare and hard to get for a lower price. either way it is greed.
    True. Very true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I don't do a lot of buying and selling, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was really surprised how fast valuations dropped. The day Shipyards released, there was a Whistler in the CS for some obscene price--a couple hundred thou, maybe. Next morning you could by one for 25K and I imagine they're lower now. It seems like, as high as prices are in PL, they stay high for much, much longer (Shadow gear being a good example) than in SL.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Upgrading accounts is the best deal STS offers us. 11 auction slots on 1 account with all that other stuff for like 30-50 plat? I forgot the actual price, but it would cost like double that just for the auction slots.
    30 Plat for Premium account.

All mentioned above but do not forget Level 1,5,10 and 15 premium gear, though these are only green (rare) a premium player with Lvl 15 can reach 25+ even further if run with the right groups (same level not power levelling).

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    I don't do a lot of buying and selling, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was really surprised how fast valuations dropped. The day Shipyards released, there was a Whistler in the CS for some obscene price--a couple hundred thou, maybe. Next morning you could by one for 25K and I imagine they're lower now. It seems like, as high as prices are in PL, they stay high for much, much longer (Shadow gear being a good example) than in SL.
    I got one as a drop today and went to sell it. Prices were in the 20s this morning, so I listed somewhere in the middle of the highest and lowest 20k range and set it for 23 hours. Checked a half hour later, the new low was around 12k with like 5 people under 20k each clearly undercutting someone (numbers ending in 999, or 500). I'm sure when I sign in later to check the prices, it'll be under 10k. There needs to be scaled item drops...people don't need level 35 item drops yet. These items are going to keep getting listed and undercut until people reach level 35...and by then they'll be hundreds listed for 50 credits each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Funny story guys...

Right after the update the prices for materials spiked as you all know. MCOs were going for around 12k and carbs for around 9k. So being the good ghetto capitolist that i am, i listed my goodz right below market value. But in the process of listing multiples of each i accidentally listed a MCO for 8900 rather than 11900. When i came back in just around 30 mins, i was stunned to see that while the prices of the carbs had droped slightly(and i made a sale or two) the prices for the MCOs had almost been cut in half! I was looking at prices from 7-8k.

Now i am not niaeve enough to think that this stemmed entirely from my blooper of accidentally listing a comodity for what were in effect bargin prices. (It had sold btw-i was POed at myself) However, i do think that the market economy of SL is much more sensitive to things like a run on the market that other more tangible ones. If McDonalds decided to sell burgas for a quarter of their price burgas would not be flowing in the streets the next day...

I don't really know how to use this sensitivity to my advantage...but i will soon Maumuamauuuaaahhhh. XD jk.
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Actually people can and do control the market lol. It's called mass merchanting. I was told at one point during beta that one guy dopey something literally owned almost every item in the auction. He with the money controls the prices.
    Yes he did do this, I made a fortune undercutting him, and having him buy my items. Problem was, in the end. he ended up giving away all the items, because nobody would by from him.

In the end supply and demand will ALWAYS win.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends