Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make twink active?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dager2heart View Post
    Twinks are virus. Go level up and spend some plat
    you are virus. no need to level up i already have an endgame char. nice try tho noob getting rejected by everybody on this thread lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I can think of 3 things the devs can do to save twink pvp:
    1) change all awakenings and pet happiness bonuses to a % so that it scales with a player's stats,
    2) reinstate the pvp dmg nerf to rogues, yes i understand that debuffs override buffs, but it will be needed for the reduced armor values. I don't pvp end game, but it sounds like this could help alleviate the one-combo-kills i hear about,
    3) the "new-type" weapon modifiers may need to be re-evaluated. Mage gun's and rogue bow's 2x auto attack damage modifier is silly.
    Last edited by Azebor; 08-21-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azebor View Post
    I can think of 3 things the devs can do to save twink pvp:
    1) change all awakenings and pet happiness bonuses to a % so that it scales with a player's stats,
    2) reinstate the pvp dmg nerf to rogues, yes i understand that debuffs override buffs, but it will be needed for the reduced armor values. I don't pvp end game, but it sounds like this could help alleviate the one-combo-kills i hear about,
    3) the "new-type" weapon modifiers may need to be re-evaluated. Mage gun's and rogue bow's 2x auto attack damage modifier is silly.
    1 is impossible because their will be outrage from people who have spent millions of gold and thousands of plat on awakenings.

2 doesnt fix twink pvp cuz the problem isnt too much damage, its way too much armor. This is more for endgame

3 same reason as above

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dager2heart View Post
    level up and enjoy playing at end game (twinks=virus of arcane legends lol)
    Twinks are usually extra alt characters of players who already play endgame PVE content but prefer the slower pace of twink pvp.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 08-21-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Trying to bring back twinks is like trying to bring back locs in km3. Lmao nobody understand and keeps making posts about reviving it when it's impossible to.
    Paynalayze

MAGNUM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    1 is impossible because their will be outrage from people who have spent millions of gold and thousands of plat on awakenings.

2 doesnt fix twink pvp cuz the problem isnt too much damage, its way too much armor. This is more for endgame

3 same reason as above
    #1 - I spent enough time in the current lvl 10/16 twink pvp and enough millions on pets and awakening twink gear to know that the "outrage" would be worth the solution.

#2 & #3 - These will be needed for twink if #1 were to take place, especially since #1 also includes changing pet armor to a % bonus armor.

Rather than not proposing a solution, let's look at some numbers:
    - A lvl 10 mage can easily have about 500 base armor with jewels and without awakenings or pet. Currently, it is reasonable for a lvl 10 mage to have over 1,200 armor (without belt or dreambot). If nerf #1 were to take place, you would need 140% bonus armor to get back to 1,200 armor from 500. Considering that the current best % bonus armor awaken is 5%, good luck hitting 140%. That is why #2 & #3 needs to be considered if #1 were to happen (especially with higher twink levels, ex: lvl 16 arcane weapons).

"Impossible"? - "You'll be okay."
    Last edited by Azebor; 08-22-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Ooooooooooor they could roll out an old version of the game when pvp had started

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Ooooooooooor they could roll out an old version of the game when pvp had started
    ^ Arcane Legends 2 would solve another twink pvp problem: too many brackets, too few players. ex: lvl 63 twinks? Smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

^ Arcane Legends 2 would solve another twink pvp problem: too many brackets, too few players. ex: lvl 63 twinks? Smh.
    You're right, as the lvls increase everyone's spreading out more (you had me at lvl 63 twinks haha ). An old version of the game when the cap was much lower and we didn't have to worry about nekro, awakenings, paras, etc would be good. And this is very possible and not that hard to implement. For example remember those test server's we used to test new content on? Practically the same thing. I just hope that when this game loses popularity that they'll give in and make this possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

#1 - I spent enough time in the current lvl 10/16 twink pvp and enough millions on pets and awakening twink gear to know that the "outrage" would be worth the solution.

#2 & #3 - These will be needed for twink if #1 were to take place, especially since #1 also includes changing pet armor to a % bonus armor.

- A lvl 10 mage can easily have about 500 base armor with jewels and without awakenings or pet. Currently, it is reasonable for a lvl 10 mage to have over 1,200 armor (without belt or dreambot). If nerf #1 were to take place, you would need 140% bonus armor to get back to 1,200 armor from 500. Considering that the current best % bonus armor awaken is 5%, good luck hitting 140%. That is why #2 & #3 needs to be considered if #1 were to happen (especially with higher twink levels, ex: lvl 16 arcane weapons).

Doesnt matter, it will never happen. I guarantee it. They arent going to do something that would cause that amount of back lash. Nobody cares if you are okay with it yourself because most people wouldnt be okay with it. Nuff said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I think if armor was to be reduced 3.00 4.00 dmg and 10 all would be to much dmg then so then were back to square one. If they had individual scaling system or maybe capped certain stats this could happen. But would be alot of work on devs part. I think putting a cap on certain stats would be easiest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

im ready for this XD lets start from scratch and take all that you learned along the way and make legends great again. (Not that it isn't already)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    I think if armor was to be reduced 3.00 4.00 dmg and 10 all would be to much dmg then so then were back to square one. If they had individual scaling system or maybe capped certain stats this could happen. But would be alot of work on devs part. I think putting a cap on certain stats would be easiest
    I agree, just setting armor to a % would not be enough.

Other stats would need scaling too, possibly also via a %:
    dmg ~> bonus % dmg, like what we currently have from pets,
    Str/dex/int ~> the current bonus % str/dex/int awakenings.