Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Expansion Idea: Voltan Water Demons

The Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Asia, Middle East, Jordan.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default New Expansion Idea: Voltan Water Demons

Introduction

Hello everyone! I rather have a fascinating idea about what the next expansion could be about:

Main Plot:

It all starts when you go to the village of Garetta, and meet the NPC Yandel, that notifies you about these monsters that have killed his relatives and destroyed his island.

[must be at least level 66] "Please help me, hero.. there are hungry beasts that have terminated the island I used to live in.. all the people, my family.. friends, they have all been executed by these wicked demons!"

You reply with: "I promise I will help and show no mercy to these monsters!"

Then Yandel tells you: "These beasts.. they seek all the humans that live in north-west Arlor and murder them! They seem to have originated from the sea, but they are extraordinary.. Take care on your journey."

Then you accept the quest "Attack on the Volta" which reads: "After doing a bit of investigating, you discover that these creatures are half-fish, half-human and are from a race called the Volta" GO TO

After clicking go to, you travel to the first map of the Voltan Sea expansion, "Voltan Shore", the shore where the Great Barracuda "Anarchy" is searching for any survivors after their previous attack.

After fighting Anarchy and almost killing him, he flees and dives into the sea where he instantly informs the King of Volta that there is a new threat to their race.

You get better and suitable equipment and dive into the sea with your fellow heroes in order finish off the deadly Volta race and take revenge upon the destruction of the island.

You go to the second map of the Voltan Sea expansion, "Piranha Waters" to fight the second fearsome boss, Kled, the Lord of Piranhas. You go onto your journey but you are surprised that the enemies are much tougher than the shore, due to their abilities being fully unlocked in the water.

After struggling to defeat Kled, the King of Volta is furious due to losing his right-hand man. you advance to the "Voltan Throne", third and final map of the Voltan Sea. The mobs here are the strongest, and half the way, you fight a semi-boss Anarchy who has come for revenge. Anarchy is not very hard, since he is not the original boss. Piranhas will come to attack and stun you. You then start your sparring with the boss, Phamben, the Megalodon. His bites are fatal, and his claws can stun you. He has also mastered the waters and can put one of the heroes in a water cage and then eat him. If Phamben eats any hero, he instantly becomes Bloodthirsty, turning red and becoming much more violent and harder to beat. Phamben is extremely hard to beat as four level 66, but not impossible. After defeating the King of Volta, Phamben, the few survivors of the race that are still left attack you instantly out of rage, but they have not been trained for combat, so they are pretty easy to beat. You then return to Arlor, and inform everybody that these terrific water demons have come to an end.

Special Features

This is the first map that is not on land, but underwater. To match this and make it more realistic, every time you dive underwater whether it be Piranha Waters or Voltan Throne, you have another white bar, similar to Mana and Health, which is Oxygen. It is like a timer for you to finish the map. If your Oxygen bar ends and you haven't defeated the boss, you automatically restart the map all over again.

Locked Voltan Crates and Large Locked Voltan Crates should be farmable from these bosses as well. They should contain 71 gear and other items. I will explain it below.

I believe after this sea-themed expansion Hammerjaw and Ripmaw should be back.

Bosses

In the Voltan Shore, the great Barracuda Anarchy has his abilities suppressed and is rather weak and simple to beat. His red-blip attacks can still do a lot of damage but his normal attacks are weak.

Anarchy is based off the Great Barracuda fish, and could look like this, but with human features:

Name:  barracuda.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  119.7 KB

In the Piranha Waters, Kled, the right-hand man of Phamben, is the Lord of Piranhas for a reason. His sword is made of piranhas that when hit you deal constant damage over 3 seconds because of the piranhas bite and when near death summons a lot of piranhas that surround him and fatally damage any enemies that come close to him, similar to a rogue's Razor Shield. He could look like this:

Name:  phamben.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  237.3 KB

In the Voltan Throne, the Voltan King Phamben is based off a Megalodon, the greatest and most powerful shark species, and one of the most powerful predators in history. He is very fatal, whether it be by his claw, or a bite from his tooth, his danger aura is what makes him the Voltan King. If he has eaten any hero he becomes bloodthirsty and even more powerful!

He should look like this:

Name:  phamben.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  185.8 KB

Here is a size comparison between the average human, the great white shark and the Megalodon:

Name:  megalodon.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  37.8 KB

Mobs

The Voltan Race have always trained themselves on offense, and not on defense. The mobs should have less health to match the Oxygen timer, and higher on damage instead. If the mobs were too tanky the map would be impossible to finish before the Oxygen does.

There are three types of mobs:

Normal Mobs:
    Name:  mob.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  475.2 KB

Very typical on attack and defense.

Piranhas: Groups of fish that when charge at you unshielded will stun you and deal damage.

Jellyfish: Harmless when not glowing, but when the jellyfish glows, attacking it will release its poison, dealing very high damage to you, similar to a curse.

Leveling Up

The last expansion had ridiculous jumps of XP. From 45,000 to 93,000 XP in two levels, I feel like it was a mess. Since all the levels from 66-71 are going to have more than 93.000 XP I encourage that killing these mobs give 5 XP per mob instead of 1 XP per mob.

Locked Voltan Crates

Name:  arlor.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  17.5 KB

There should be Locked Voltan Crates and Large Locked Voltan Crates that are dropped from the bosses, as I mentioned above. They only open with platinum, and they reward you with items such as: gold, platinum, legendary 71 gear, and Oxygen Orb (an orb that gives you unlimited oxygen when in inventory.)

The only way to get Mythic and Arcane 71 gear is to craft these Locked Voltan Crates into Massive Locked Voltan Crates that contain: platinum, mythic and arcane 71 gear, oxygen orb, and Hammerjaw.

Location On Map

Name:  arlor.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  352.3 KB

My Motive

In my opinion the last expansion was very bad and most of the community was disappointed with it. I do not have a single friend that told me "I love Dreamscape expansion" or "This Dream expansion is great". I thought that if the next expansion is great, everybody will forget about the negativity of the Dreamscape expansion and glory and hope will be back to Arlor.
    Last edited by Kayoex; 08-23-2017 at 06:31 AM.
    Kayoex - Kayoti - Kayoba

Proud player since 2013

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Kayoex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Amazing idea!
    Anything with water is a +1 for me..
    But hopefully if STS does try to do a theme like this then it has to be a sunny environment!
    Not a damned dark place!
    P.s maybe a water town aswell!
    Last edited by giaracib; 08-23-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

What amazing idea!! +1!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Only thing about this is STS will not do it, they do not want to be a community driven studios, so they will make this idea into their own and change every concept!! LOVE the expansion idea!!! Send them a email of this whole idea, if they do it every AL player will expect this

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Cool looking idea. Good job putting in the time and effort
    Last edited by Ryvz; 08-23-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Thanks guys! Really love the positive feedback

I will consider e-mailing STS but for the time being I need to spread the word about my idea.
    Kayoex - Kayoti - Kayoba

Proud player since 2013

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kayoex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Seems good. Bump!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

100+ views and only 6 thanks and 7 replies!!! Cmon HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON UNTIL UR SCREEN BREAK HE DESERVES 9999999999+ THANKS!!

Sent from a weird cool computer stolen from an alien base.
    Qevy Forever!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Qevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arkiyad View Post
    100+ views and only 6 thanks and 7 replies!!! Cmon HIT THAT THANKS BUTTON UNTIL UR SCREEN BREAK HE DESERVES 9999999999+ THANKS!!

Thanks alot mate love the support

People either just don't like me or don't like the idea xD
    Kayoex - Kayoti - Kayoba

Proud player since 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1000000 for this idea and you could craft some water vanity from some items you could get from maps or locks. If this expansion I will buy 5.1k plat at least hahaha.
    Sceokascec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

And finally our chars will not first be thirsty anymore!!!!

Qevy Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sceokascec View Post
    +1000000 for this idea and you could craft some water vanity from some items you could get from maps or locks. If this expansion I will buy 5.1k plat at least hahaha.
    Yes!, let's all start buying 10k+ plat!
    STS please take a moment and read through this suggestion for an expansion it's just wonderful!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giaracib View Post
    Yes!, let's all start buying 10k+ plat!
    STS please take a moment and read through this suggestion for an expansion it's just wonderful!
    If this happens i am going 100% to be back to AL!

Qevy Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Amazing idea, great job done! I can't wait

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Hammerjaw is expired. I think Heroic hammerjaw would be op! Imagine the first arcane type being heroic'fied xD

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Boosting this post!!! Like like like!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Omg pls no more increasing of lvl cap.. ppl are beginning to quit

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    IGN:bmooooo<41>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmooooo View Post
    Omg pls no more increasing of lvl cap.. ppl are beginning to quit

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Lol, STS just increased it.
    They won't increase the lvl cap any time soon.
    + if this idea comes to the light hopefully this will be our expansion, not the dreamscape.
    Just run some ursoth ATM.
    Then you can start complaining.
    Shoosh please and ty:3
    Last edited by giaracib; 08-28-2017 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wow thanks guys for the feedback! Let's all call out the devs, and make this sticky to make this idea even greater and get it into the game !
    Kayoex - Kayoti - Kayoba

Proud player since 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Gl with getting a thread stickied by asking for it xd

Anyway here's my take on this;

We could have the players trying to rescue sharks and crabs who were being driven out of their nature abode in the seas(towards kraken etc) by squids and octopuses(both the oldest of the sea creatures and the smartest). The players have to travel to their town and form raid parties with others to go to the depths and these raids couldn't be started without all 12 players first being present in the map.

I would honestly prefer some dolphin type pet over more sharks. Expansion could have better chests with a better chance of black hooks.

The point in the world map you pointed to has a dragon drawn on, that's usually a sign of "here lie dragons", a sea dragon, now I wonder is that the cause of the occupying octopuses and squids. That could be an expansion to this sea expansion in the future.

Maybe the community after running a successful amount of raids could open up some kind of communication with the smartest of the sea molluscs(snailsss type of pets!) who then lead us to the expansion of sea dragons.
    Yes please.
    I do love snails and dolphins.:3