Thread: High end archer "thorn" questions - Helpz0r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default High end archer "thorn" questions - Helpz0r

1. Thorn root: Not all it's cracked up to be? I find myself using it only on bosses.

2. Thorn wall: I 'tried' testing this skill at lev 5 on the Fathom maze map. It 'seemed' that it did almost 200 damage over time?? That's insanely useful. You can't tell though because it looks like it sucks on the pyramid map on Ao2. It doesn't show you how much damage it's doing. The description says 5 dmg per second but wtf what is the duration. Only the 3 seconds it roots? 15 damage on an uber skill?!?!?? Ridiculous.

Gimme everything you know about these 2 skills
    Addihul - 45 Enchanter | Addihull - 45 Archer | Oddihul - 45 Warrior
    Addihul's Market - Thoth / Isis @ 50% - FREE Pinks

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Both of these skills are amazing just because if you use them at the right time in combination with repulse shot an enemy will never get near you !! EPIC SKILLS !!

End of..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

... These skills are 2 musthave skills. No wars get near when i spam thorn. The prblem is bowbears -.-'
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thorn Wall
    I was initially having Thorn Wall Maxed up and using it since I got it. I found it more useful in PvE then PvP but the cool down was insanely long and it requires a fair bit of mana. It does very minimal damage as you have mentioned - about 15 for 3 secs. I found this to be a good compliment after blast shot in PvE, as mobs target after you use Blast Shot.

Thorn Root
    Though I disliked thorn root initially, I have come to compare and appreciate it more then its AoE brethren. The trade off - single target, less then half of the mana, faster cooldown, 25% dodge for AoE and minimal damage.

Why don't use both:
    Personally it is a bit redundant and though by just putting 1 skill point in Thorn Wall, I can take turn between the skills and keep my opponents rooted, I figured it would be a waste as most melee targets have ranged attacks as well and I don't like crowding up my screen with skills. I figured that 1 point would be better invested elsewhere.
    MEMBER OF THE LEGENDS CLAN

DO CHECKOUT MY SALE THREAD