Thread: Shed thee some light!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Default Shed thee some light!!!

I am going to make this short and sweet. I am lost and have no clue what to do.

A bit about me: My IGN is zodiarck I'm an SL vet from the guild Phoenix, and have decided to pick up an sts game once more. I have a level 32, a 27 warrior (my main), and a 12 mage?? So where I'm at right now is I am completely lost I only logged on for events/rares which I've stocked up on, but now I actually want to delve within this game a bit more. I have no clue how to build my stats/skills. Just might look for a guild as well lol. Input on how to build a warrior would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zodiarck; 08-29-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    Zodiarck L51 engineer
    Proud Phoenix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Welcome back (:

You can find some info about xp quest to run that will help you lvl up rather quickly.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...aily-XP-Quests
    Avy
    12-2012

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Good info minus the "don't heal in PvE maps" comment (TroL?).

I suggest staying away from healing skill only for elite underhul and End game Mausoleum Map(s). If you feel squishy then the obv choice is Arcane Shield>Lifegiver, but once your strong enough there is no reason to hide from healing ppl if you feel like adding that extra layer of helping the party. Lifegiver adds threat to the mage,grabbing aggro and most inexperienced mages do not know when to pop healz thus dying.

We are a bit squishy but mages are best for farming in AL atm.

Add me and I can walk you through things / questing. Good luck and hope you stick around~

Ign:Archonmage

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Eye229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

*shields eyes from sun*

Possible player run-away due to wrong info overload. He commented main is a tank.

Would be nice to see some tanks comment
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Welcome back (:

You can find some info about xp quest to run that will help you lvl up rather quickly.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...aily-XP-Quests
    Thanks! And thanks for the link as well will be sure to check it out.

Zodiarck L51 engineer
    Proud Phoenix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Default Shed thee some light!!!

This is a lot of Helpful input! any more is welcomed as well. Can anyone suggest me some builds for Damage/Tank. Right now I'm investing into Defensive stats, and skills. I'm pretty much solo in everything I do though so I'm thinking a damage build would be better for me, I'm at level 38 atm. I definitely plan to work on my mate as well but I just want to continue my tradition of maxing my first toon. My main pet for my warrior is ribbit.(pet suggestions appreciated as well) Apparently my mage is on level 13 atm lol.

Last edited by Zodiarck; 08-30-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Zodiarck L51 engineer
    Proud Phoenix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiarck View Post
    This is a lot of Helpful input! any more is welcomed as well. Can anyone suggest me some builds for Damage/Tank. Right now I'm investing into Defensive stats, and skills. I'm pretty much solo in everything I do though so I'm thinking a damage build would be better for me, I'm at level 38 atm. I definitely plan to work on my mate as well but I just want to continue my tradition of maxing my first toon. My main pet for my warrior is ribbit.(pet suggestions appreciated as well) Apparently my mage is on level 13 atm lol.

For a cheap tank pet, stanlee is good for all lower maps as in tindirin and below, when you get to a higher lvl, ironbite arcane ability to remove slow and stun effects, (for underhul maps) , & nilbog arcane abilities for debuffs to free from root, slow, stun & curse, (somberhalt maps) are reasonable as well. Remember you can slot pets aa = arcane ability and hb = happiness bonus into hatched eggs.

Feel free to look me up in the game good luck!

Avaree
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

So first my advise is to make friends and join a guild. I use all three classes and warrior is the toughest to solo. Best offense for us is a good rogue or mage. You will never compete with a rogues damage or crit. I focus on staying alive and keeping the party alive. Your friends and guldes will appreciate you if you can keep them alive. I work on that every time I play. If you want to do damage focus on your rogue. If you want to farm like a pro focus on your mage. If you want to smash things and facilitate your team focus on your tank. They need some one to draw aggro and take a beating while they cast spells and crit things to death. If you can give them breathing room to deal damage your doing your job. So focus on gear and skills that help you and your team survive. I used a lot of skill combos and settled on this. Horn 5 of 5, axe 5 of 5, chest splitter only 3 of 5 (1,2 and 5.) Jugg 5 of 5. Skyward smash 4 of 5. Some map have a ridiculous amount of stun (underhul). I drop axe to add jugg when running those maps or tough maps. Lots of builds out there but I always wind up with those skills eventually.

You can level up to 61 fairly easily if you do the daily xp quests and run the toughest maps you can. It's been a while since I worried about skill points but wait to add to masteries (except one point to axe throw). Until your base skills and passive are where you want them to be.

So after writing this book I realise it would be easier to talk in game. Add me and I'll help any way I can.

IGN CAPEO
    Last edited by capeo; 08-31-2017 at 07:24 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

My heart shattered when he said his main pet ribbit :-(. Hmu in game ign Dot I can probably get u a decent pet. But for now imma sleep xD

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by You Mad Or Nah; 08-31-2017 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok ok ok ok. First off. As a warrior main, warrior pvp main, and pro warrior pvper. Build full strength. Next. Next next. Dont get juggernaut. If you are PvE, I suggest Hammer smash, The windmill skill, Vengfull blood, and maxed heal. After you max those 4 skills max the str passive, speed passive. And that should be a good start for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Warriors damage sucks, (im warrior class) so solo warrior can be soooo slow in higher levels .... and as capeo says i focus on protecting the team and creating/controlling pulls rather than damage ... my focus is to look after the team ..... i never use the heal horn of renew for my own health, im using it to protect the team, whos little health bars i am watching equally as my own.
    If you got a team leader running ahead creating the pulls, then you shadow that player as close as you can and when they stop to set traps, charge proc, or whatever they plan to do, its at that precise moment you bubble em up and taunt mobs so they can do what the hell ever they are planning to do while protected. .

I use pots to heal myself, and pots for mana .... because i use pots for mana i put zero skill points in knowledge, and non of my gear has intelligence boosts ... every item of armour belts etc etc is strength and dexterity biased. IMHO warriors have no need for intelligence points at all, all intelligence gives is a mana boost ... and i can pot that .... so why waste skill points and armour boosts on it?

Skills .. Taunt is important in order to keep the mobs attention off mages and rogues so they can do the damage while you take the mobs hits. Your armour and health is the highest, so you can take the heat.
    So skills choice should be based on strength, health and taunt. So i use horn of renew with a taunt .. and Juggernaut for taunt and health armour boost. Remember you dont have to upgrade ALL 5 skills within each skill ... ie you could train Horn of review 1,3,4 and 5 only, and Juggernaut 1,2,4,5 etc etc until you have more skill points to allocate across different areas.

I use Skyward Smash (a must) as first aggressive skill .... but then it gets a bit cloudy. The other skills have booth positive and negative nuances:

Chest Splitter is a good second choice for all levels up to mausoleum, .. BUT in Mausloeum 5/6 that Chest Splitter skill is gonna push apart that carefully created mob pull ... ( we all know how important it is to keep that mob close and tight together right?, and the last thing you wanna do is push em all apart?!?!?!) so its not so good in the Mausoleum and Somberholt. So until you hit the mossy graveyard thingy id second choice Chest Splitter.

Axe pull is fantastic for getting the Boss's where you want em ... and this is really important in m5/6, BUT then Axe is absolute rubbish skill for large mob kills ... and in my opinion its better to have another skill at mobs and control boss position in other ways .. of which there are many.

So my second choice of aggressive skill in mausoleum is Windmill ... which is ok other than its cooldown is kinda slow and interferes with the use of other skills, like horn juggernaut etc ... it delays the use of the other skills, unlike the chest splitter which has a lot faster cooldown period. So you can find yourself desperately trying to bubble your team, but unable to because the friggin windmill is still in cooldown blocking all other skill use?!?!?
    Thus combination of skill use is important .... in mausoleum i will only use pots as i gather a nice big mob pull, then first charged horn of renew bubble the team when in position, then Juggernaut taunt, then finally use my aggressive skills as first point of mob contact.

So i run Skyward Smash, Windmill, Juggernaut, Horn of renew in Mausoleum.
    And Skyward Smash, Chest Splitter, Juggernaut, Horn of renew all other maps

As far as passives are concerned, my order of priority for warrior is:
    Might
    Agility
    Durable
    Damage
    Knowledge
    then anything.
    Theres been a fair amount of experimentation over these passive skills ... and for warrior critical shot, quickness and knowledge, are very low down on the list of necessity ... even the durable and damage skills seem to increase stats very minimally ...

So id fill Might 5 Agility 5 Durable 5 as priority .. then over to the skills section to allocate points, and return to the other passives later ... but then i am level 66 so all skills and passives are full.

Masteries seem to baffle the hell out of me and i think they are pretty useless for a warrior, so dont worry about training those till the very last

So ... final recap of point allocation priority for PVE warrior:

Might 5
    Agility 5
    Durable 5
    Skyward Smash 1,2,3
    Horn of Renew 1,2,3,4,5
    Windmill 1,2,3,4
    Juggernaut 1,2,5

Then fill out all the Skill points .... then go back to passives and fill out all the points .... and then fiddle with masteries ....

Of course if you are running the low level 1k elite boss kill aps mainly solo, you probably dont need Juggernaught, or Horn of renew for that matter, if you are high level and comfortable using pots for health .... so you could allocate all four aggressive skills to your thingy. And respec depending on what you are doing when ...

PVP build is not my bag ... i know nothing about it?!?!?

My low level pet knowledge is zero im afraid ... Nekro is king of pets for me .... or Glowstik .... or Magma depending on which maps i am running.
    Bestest weapon for warrior is still Glint Aegis 46 as far as im concerned .. that proc chews huge mob pulls. Specifically when combined with Magma pets AA ... when you time it right, and pull all the mobs into a little group, set Magma aa off and BOOOM the mobs explode ... great fun to watch. Though on a very important side line, Magma with Glint Aegis should NOT be used in the Mausoleum, as Magma aa gives you and your team damage from mobs, even if you have carefully use a taunt skill, then Magma ... which means if a little curse mage gets his chance to curse everyone its an instant whole team wipeout ... lol .... all dead @_@

Avaree in my opinion is one of the nicest, most helpful, most respected, and most well connected player in game ... so rattle her cage for info @_@ he he

Ermmmm .... yes a good, friendly, non drama guild is a must ... and youll find players to run maps within the guild a lot easier than if you are homeless ronin?!?!?!
    Dont worry about the maps all being a bit quiet at the moment, its just that everyone is focused on the event.

Other things to do is just run all the low level maps solo elite and start working on all the aps ... you can comfortably solo all those up to tindrin ... get all the boss kill aps both normal and elite.

If you having trouble finding a specific boss in a map ... or wanna have a spoiler on map layouts you can sneak peek at my thread on maps here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...r-Cartographer

If you wanna see all the different armours for warrior then have a look at my armour thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Arlor-Armoury

brp
    Last edited by Greoatef; 08-31-2017 at 10:11 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

For pets that won't break the bank my favorite was swift along with the pets Avaree listed. Once you get to mausoleum you need nilbog. I slot nilbogs egg into any pet I want to level including arcane pets. If you can afford glow get it but I personally like nilbog more because he removes all rooting skills/curses, so when your stunned you can unfreeze everyone.

Oh and listen to Greo, look up his guides for a wealth of useful info. You will find a build you like over time just experiment. The one thing all the experienced warriors will agree on is that as a tank your priority is taking damage not dealing damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    tl;dr for op, level up your mage.
    dont heal
    tml
    apologies if its too long (tl) .... rather than just say what build to do i think its better to look at the finer points of each skill and explain the "why" i choose what i choose, and look at the mechanics of skills?!?!!?
    Besides ..... maybe more experienced warriors will read this post and look at my build set up and gain further knowledge, and adjust their skills accordingly?
    Was more a reply posted to the many than just the one

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Skills warrior 66 PvE Mainly mauseleum as it's the go to map right now. If you want to do PvP I have no idea Sorry.
    Axe throw 5/5
    Juggernaut 5/5
    Horn of Renew 5/5
    Skyward smash 3/5 Get quaking earth and thundering hammer.

Passives 5/5 on all but speed.

Masteries
    10/10 Juggernaut
    1/10 Axe throw
    6/10 Horn of renew

I use this on every map attack skills don't matter that much so you can switch axe for wm/cs if you want. Heal and jugg are usfull on all maps. also passives aren't that important so just just get all switch around if you want to won't make much of a difference. USE WHAT YOU LIKE I used axe throw for a long time then switched to wm now im back with axe throw

If you wanna be a tank don't go for dmg go for aggro keeping damage off your team so they can kill faster.

What you need if you wanna be a good tank:

#1 Glintstone aegis (any type) The best all around weapon for all maps, the proc has taunt and good dmg.
    #2 Speed Set (Venomous haste set ring and pendant) good for doing pulls and being ahead of dps to take aggro.
    #3 Lots of mages and rogues on your friends list try getting in an active guild too. Best mages have immortal staff and dragon hunter staff. Best rogues use dragon hunter blades and immortal bow and traps. Pick good dps to run with then all you gotta do is keep them alive for easy fast runs.
    #4 learn the maps good tanks know what all the mobs do and how to pull without resetting the mobs
    #5 time your skills and pet aa doesn't always work but keep practicing you will get better.
    #6 pets best pets for mauseleum are glowstick/whimm/nilbog. Glowstick is my go to pet.
    #7 use all fury jewels and I use potency gears mostly I havent tried many other types they work well for me though.

Tanks are only really usefull on hard maps so keep that in mind also they are the least needed class, there is never really a reason for two tanks in a party(will just slow you down) but mages rogues its ok to have two.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    So first my advise is to make friends and join a guild. I use all three classes and warrior is the toughest to solo. Best offense for us is a good rogue or mage. You will never compete with a rogues damage or crit. I focus on staying alive and keeping the party alive. Your friends and guldes will appreciate you if you can keep them alive. I work on that every time I play. If you want to do damage focus on your rogue. If you want to farm like a pro focus on your mage. If you want to smash things and facilitate your team focus on your tank. They need some one to draw aggro and take a beating while they cast spells and crit things to death. If you can give them breathing room to deal damage your doing your job. So focus on gear and skills that help you and your team survive. I used a lot of skill combos and settled on this. Horn 5 of 5, axe 5 of 5, chest splitter only 3 of 5 (1,2 and 5.) Jugg 5 of 5. Skyward smash 4 of 5. Some map have a ridiculous amount of stun (underhul). I drop axe to add jugg when running those maps or tough maps. Lots of builds out there but I always wind up with those skills eventually.

You can level up to 61 fairly easily if you do the daily xp quests and run the toughest maps you can. It's been a while since I worried about skill points but wait to add to masteries (except one point to axe throw). Until your base skills and passive are where you want them to be.

So after writing this book I realise it would be easier to talk in game. Add me and I'll help any way I can.

IGN CAPEO
    I've been getting to it, and I do remember why I built my person as I did now, he was meant to tank all those years ago. Definitely making friends to do dungeons with lol, but my thing is I'm more solo then with a group when I do runs.. but I definitely appreciate all the input, the book was not in vain lmao! I'll be sure to add you!

Zodiarck L51 engineer
    Proud Phoenix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by You Mad Or Nah View Post
    My heart shattered when he said his main pet ribbit :-(. Hmu in game ign Dot I can probably get u a decent pet. But for now imma sleep xD

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    LOL see my reason for that was cause back in 012 when I picked up the game a lot of people would use ribbit for its health Reg and critical, but uh the cap is 66 now that's a pretty huge gap lmao.. I use courage for now though!

Zodiarck L51 engineer
    Proud Phoenix