Thread: Gameplay issues with my phone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Gameplay issues with my phone

I've always played AL on my phone using the same handset for the last couple of years but recently I've been experiencing more and more lag and my touchscreen controls freeze causing my rogue to continuously run in the direction I was pointing the direction controller in as it froze which in some circumstances is embarrasing. Also, opening the keyboard for chat, CS etc can sometimes take up to a minute before it shows up on screen! I'm running android 4.1.2 using a samsung galaxy fame ( yes its old but the sentimental value outweighs getting a newer phone lol ). I'm hoping you tech heads may have a fix for these issues, thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

512Mb RAM and 4Gb storage is too small for recent app. Maybe, you need to invest on your handset first. I'm using Asus Zen2 Laser and everything pretty smooth.
    Last edited by Boltag; 08-31-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Your phones outdated . You can get a 20$ phone at Walmart that will run AL better than your current one .
    I suggest the 20-30$ investment .

Good luck! ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

my ipad 2 used to work really fast with arcane but now 3-4 years past it is extremely laggy compared to my iPad Air w most recent, I guess it's just aged ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I have a joystick freeze issue on a phone with 2 GB RAM+Octa-core CPU 1.5 GHz running Android 7.1.2 so I am absolutely sure it's a game bug and not outdated hardware/software

Keyboard problem is due to old Samsung TouchWiz bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    I have a joystick freeze issue on a phone with 2 GB RAM+Octa-core CPU 1.5 GHz running Android 7.1.2 so I am absolutely sure it's a game bug and not outdated hardware/software

Keyboard problem is due to old Samsung TouchWiz bug
    Mine Android 5.0.2 Quad Core 1,2Ghz 2Gb RAM never have that kind of problem. Ping spike usually cause that kind of issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

I had similar issues with my old tab , if you want AL to run smoother i suggest buying a class 10 sd card and creating a ram swapfile so that AL can freely use the real one ( requieres root ) , Also overclocking cpu can work but it will bring your device closer to its grave ( again , requiers root ) and there are many booster apps that you can use to slightly improve your phone ( but again , most of the good ones need root ) . If your dont know how/dont want to root your phone - i can only suggest clearing your cash/ram before you launch AL . As above comments said your phone is pretty outdated and no software boosting can change that fact .

Note : please watch a video on this stuff or read a guide before trying anything
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 09-01-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I've played AL on I phone 6 and and iPhone 7, even though the difference is 1 model, there is a massive difference in gaming experience. And for gaming I recommend Samsung

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

The first thing to consider is this, did the game run fine recently? Was there a update to your software before you noticed the game start to act wonky?

If you have been able to play the game fine until recently either there was a software update that is causing the issue, possible software corruption, or your phone hardware is starting to give up the ghost. If possible, the best solution is to backup your personal data and factory reset your phone. Then because it will be like having a new phone, you'll see if it is software or hardware issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

The joystick issue has always been a thing for as long as i can remember. I noticed it usually happens when the game's UI abruptly changes due to a sudden event, such as when you level up and the screen animation comes on. It could also be a client issue, where something goes wrong between your touch screen and what indicates the touch recognition within the app. Anything's possible, but if you are having consistently recurring issues, it's likely your device itself. Opening the menu and exiting out to reset the UI is an easy fix.

As for the lag, it's likely from your device. 512 MB RAM as i saw above is quite low, and as phones grow old, much of the hardware can start to lose its functionality. Compounded with high storage consumption and bloatware that accumulates, you're better off with a newer device.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thanks for all your replies. I'd like to add that before I launch AL I clear my cache, close all active apps and boost my ram using the 'all in one toolbox' app then I always launch AL via a game booster app which usually frees up around 80mb. I regularly reboot my phone which helps massively with the gameplay smoothness but then again my phone is switched on 24/7 and i practically live my life looking at the screen watching movies and youtube so it does get used heavily. I don't update most apps due to memory capacity and I've disabled apps that I don't use to help with ram. I realise that realistically I should upgrade to a newer phone but as I stated it's the sentimental value that keeps me from doing so therefore I'd like to be 100% sure I've done everything possible to smooth out the bugs before I consider upgrading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I should also mention that when the cursor freezes the only way to unfreeze it is to repeatedly press the phones menu button whilst attempting to pull the drop screen down and have patience. On rare occasions I have to pull the battery

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I got taht to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tootex View Post
    Thanks for all your replies. I'd like to add that before I launch AL I clear my cache, close all active apps and boost my ram using the 'all in one toolbox' app then I always launch AL via a game booster app which usually frees up around 80mb. I regularly reboot my phone which helps massively with the gameplay smoothness but then again my phone is switched on 24/7 and i practically live my life looking at the screen watching movies and youtube so it does get used heavily. I don't update most apps due to memory capacity and I've disabled apps that I don't use to help with ram. I realise that realistically I should upgrade to a newer phone but as I stated it's the sentimental value that keeps me from doing so therefore I'd like to be 100% sure I've done everything possible to smooth out the bugs before I consider upgrading
    I used to have a Huawei Ascend Plus that had almost the same specs as yours does; 512MB RAM, 4GB storage, except mine had a dual-core processor while yours has a single-core. Mine had terrible graphical lag and apps kept constantly crashing. When I upgraded to a Galaxy S3, I ended up smashing my phone against the pavement because of all the inconveniences it had caused me. Phones with a single-core cpu are terrible for gaming, so i can't imagine how much graphical lag you are having. Once you switch to a phone with a quad-core or better with 1500mHz or more processor and 2GB RAM with 16GB of storage or more, you'll see a substantially big difference in the game.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Zylx ty for your helpful advice. I've been looking at possible upgrades for the last couple of hours and have decided that a Motorola G4 may be coming out of my wages next week lol. The G4 includes an octa-core*Qualcomm Snapdragon*617 chip, and 2*GB of RAM!! In your opinion would the specs of a G4 offer a great AL gaming experience?Apologies for my lack of tech knowledge but my areas of expertise lay elsewhere lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tootex View Post
    Zylx ty for your helpful advice. I've been looking at possible upgrades for the last couple of hours and have decided that a Motorola G4 may be coming out of my wages next week lol. The G4 includes an octa-core*Qualcomm Snapdragon*617 chip, and 2*GB of RAM!! In your opinion would the specs of a G4 offer a great AL gaming experience?Apologies for my lack of tech knowledge but my areas of expertise lay elsewhere lol
    AL should run very well on that device, so yes. You would be experiencing much less graphical lag.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Thnx everybody for the help especially you Zylx. I'm going to order the phone on payday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

That's a great phone,congratulations on a new phone, but have you considered Samsung S6-S8 or iPhone 6-7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    That's a great phone,congratulations on a new phone, but have you considered Samsung S6-S8 or iPhone 6-7
    Have u considered the price ranges?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'm not a fan of the iphone and everybody seems to have a galaxy these days and I like to be different. My mind is set on the G4, awesome budget phone and at £99 it's a bargain plus I'll have money left to feed my family for another week