Thread: Global Damage reduction should be returned & Rhino should be nerfed!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Exclamation Global Damage reduction should be returned & Rhino should be nerfed!!!

1> Well as I stated in the announcement thread, it seems to be Global damage reduction is increased to counter the global dodge reduction. Even if my assumption is wrong, it's kinda true that damage is less now but then again it STRONGLY SUGGESTS that global damage reduction value has been increased at the time of Global dodge reduction, IN THE LAST UPDATE, although it was not mentioned but as said, its highly likely that it has been done.

That's a real issue, and made even harder to kill already OP tanks and other class fights are also negatively effected. Restoring the global damage reduction value is quite important, even if it wasn't touched, I think it's time to reduce it slightly, damage output is pretty low now.

2> Rhino is the next serious issue and huge problem in endgame, there could be two possible ALTERNATIVE approaches according to me - A) Nerfing like 30-50 overall damage from Rhino set.

B) If it's needed to take soft approach to solve the situation then, I'd say Rhino skill CHARGE cool down time should be increased from 3sec to 6 sec. The reason is - if you look at a FFA (3v3 2v2) with proper teams, rhino doesn't look like OP, that's because in a 1-1 fight, that's actually hard to kite a rhino, they keeps coming at you or escapes easily with that 3 sec cool down time charge skill.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-11-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lowering the dmg output from the set is the right thing to do.
    Increasing the cooldown on charge will kill the class at every other lvl except 100.

As for dmg reduction? It is all relative. Now that twinking is back i can safely say that it's rather even at most lvls.
    The only class that's really down when it comes to dmg output is FOX. Ranger is far to weak at most lvls to be able to compete with the other classes.
    There are some cases where ranger actually is good and tht is L22, 27 and 40. Ranger is in my opinion the most time consuming class since the skillcap is way higher than most of the other classes.

One could make an entire thread explaining the problems with vixen but it's not for this thread.
    The game is not in need of a global dmg reduction.

Surfingbear, surfingmage, surfingfox, surfingrhino and surfingbirdie

Theonebear, iisak, isurfi, powandwissuck, Chaosfarm and leftfootofgod

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to surfing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

There're slabs for global damage reduction, it's not same for lower levels. But damage can be INCREASED in endgame sets, oh hey it's increase, as damage reduction WAS increased means damage output is decreased. But it can be done from endgame sets that's true but GL with that, as my suggestions also reflects the way devs wanna work on the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    There're slabs for global damage reduction, it's not same for lower levels. But damage can be INCREASED in endgame sets, oh hey it's increase, as damage reduction WAS increased means damage output is decreased. But it can be done from endgame sets that's true but GL with that, as my suggestions also reflects the way devs wanna work on the situation.

''But damage can be INCREASED in endgame sets, oh hey it's increase, as damage reduction WAS increased means damage output is decreased.''

I don't seem to understand this^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Increment in " global damage reduction " means decrease in damage output. That's also has been done at the time of global dodge cap reduction.

"Global dodge cap" reduction.
    Increase "global damage reduction"

Now if you don't understand those things, you have to learn those terms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    1> Well as I stated in the announcement thread, it seems to be Global damage reduction is increased to counter the global dodge reduction. Even if my assumption is wrong, it's kinda true that damage is less now but then again it STRONGLY SUGGESTS that global damage reduction value has been increased at the time of Global dodge reduction.

That's a real issue, and made even harder to kill already OP tanks and other class fights are also negatively effected. Restoring the global damage reduction value is quite important, even if it wasn't touched, I think it's time to reduce it slightly, damage output is pretty low now.

2> Rhino is the next serious issue and huge problem in endgame, there could be two possible ALTERNATIVE approaches according to me - A) Nerfing like 30-50 overall damage from Rhino set.

B) If it's needed to take soft approach to solve the situation then, I'd say Rhino skill CHARGE cool down time should be increased from 3sec to 6 sec. The reason is - if you look at a FFA (3v3 2v2) with proper teams, rhino doesn't look like OP, that's because in a 1-1 fight, that's actually hard to kite a rhino, they keeps coming at you or escapes easily with that 3 sec cool down time charge skill.
    I don't understand. You talk about restoring the global damage reduction in order to up the damage? Then you talk about how op Paladins are?
    A global damage increase would ruin lower lvls and twinking. This is why a specific set of gear should be nerfed instead of the entire class.

I think we all remember how insanely unbalanced the game was where mages ruled everywhere. It is currently as balanced as we ever have had in this game.
    Sure we can continue to point out problems but, we should also be thankful to Cinco for his amazing efforts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I think its perfect right now. If damage is restored whoever hits the first shots will win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by surfing View Post
    I don't understand. You talk about restoring the global damage reduction in order to up the damage? Then you talk about how op Paladins are?
    A global damage increase would ruin lower lvls and twinking. This is why a specific set of gear should be nerfed instead of the entire class.

I think we all remember how insanely unbalanced the game was where mages ruled everywhere. It is currently as balanced as we ever have had in this game.
    Sure we can continue to point out problems but, we should also be thankful to Cinco for his amazing efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    I think its perfect right now. If damage is restored whoever hits the first shots will win.
    Omg, ppl don't try to understand the thing that has been said and pass crazy comments.

I know that my English is not really high quality but it's still clearly understandable. Read the original post CAREFULLY, and also try to understand those terms and then comment please.

Although at the last update, it was not said that, the value of global damage reduction is increased, it's highly likely that it was, I'm referring that change to be restored.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-13-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by surfing View Post

The topic of mage bieng op is debatable... 80 cap a good bird or bear would kill mage with ease. However, looking back on that cap mage was a good class. 85 cap birds ruled..... however, i can not speak for rest of levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I stopped reading at "Dmg nerf? No thank you!"

Read top to bottom carefully, rofl!! It has been explained many times.