Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Default Endgame Fox Status

Hello all,

I am sure you have seen posts titled as such, and most of them are mindless rants on how their class or level has been wronged in some way. I will do my best to avoid such verbatim in this discussion. The main purpose of this post is to state my observations and hopefully hear a few of yours' responses.

Endgame fox is quite simply lack luster in comparison to the relative strength given to the other classes. That being said, I do not feel that fox is extremely underpowered. The main issue at the moment is that in 1v1, fox is next to useless, and in FFA it is okay, but not nearly as strong as bird (which has comparable damage and better tankiness). I simply feel that fox could use a slight buff to help the class compete in 1v1 settings, and even in most FFA circumstances.

My observation has been one that I have pondered over for some time but have came to a rather simple conclusion. I believe that fox would better balanced given a slight armor increase. For instance, for those of you that did not know, the endgame fox 4pc set gives 1053 armor, whereas the archer gear gives a much more desirable 1300+ armor while the mage gear gives 1110 armor.

I personally find this somewhat backwards as fox typically needs to get close in order to do its damage. I would argue that fox needs about the same amount of armor as a bird. I understand that giving fox more armor than a bird could in fact make ranger the new standard dps class, which I personally would need deem advantageous for the game (given that the archer was one of the original classes). That being said, I do believe that a 150-250 armor buff to the fox gear set would enable it to be a more viable class at endgame.

All in all, I am very happy with endgame PvP and its overall balance, however I do feel that fox is slightly underpowered. Thus, I feel that a slight armor buff would be ideal, but that being said I have no background in game balance, so I may not know what I am talking about (but I do feel that this change would be somewhat minor).

Any of you who made it thus far, thank you for reading!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post: