Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request for artifact farming buff

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Default Request for artifact farming buff

The artifact map seems to me to have failed ever since it was released. I can't say I know any one who has even stepped foot into the map in the past couple of months. The fact that most players are only using the common and rare artifacts should be a red flag that the current system is not working. It has been quite some time since artifacts have been released, and pretty much the only people who have progressed are people who spent plats.

So, I kindly ask that the drop rate of fragments or the amount of runes required per craft to be looked into. As it stands now, it is far to difficult to obtain any higher tier artifacts due to the low drop rate/high amount of runes required. Another solution is to get rid of the entry system and let people enter as many times as they like, allowing people to actually farm these.

Thx Sts.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

It would be unfair to remove fragments required since many people spent and gold for it already.
    However, I agree that they should make the entry free. If done so, this will be the next kraken mine 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

+1 for free entry.
    At least this allow pure farmers to get a good artifact by theirself

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Someone calculated how long it would take if you didnt spend plat and played 24/7...I think it would take 4 years to make arc artifact?? Someone confirm or deny please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Maybe a 1-3 free passes a day?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imback Al View Post
    Someone calculated how long it would take if you didnt spend plat and played 24/7...I think it would take 4 years to make arc artifact?? Someone confirm or deny please.
    Yes it was something like that, which is why I strongly feel something should be changed. Right now it is just plain impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imback Al View Post
    how much plat does it take?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I see people with the arcane artidact so it's possible and obtainable somehow. I'm guessing people spent a lot of real money for it and sts can't make it easy now. I would be angry if I spent hundreds of dollars for something and then sts changes it right after so everyone can get the item. In my opinion sts will go the same route they did with jewels. Events and elixirs to boost drops so people can farm more. When jewels came out it was difficult to farm enough for high tier jewels now it's easier. I see them doing the same thing with runes somewhere down the line after they collect a significant amount of data on how the system is working as is

10. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    I think it was like 20k plats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

People wants to sell thier arc artifacts at 95m that's what it cost them...if you are lucky u get at 80+m.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hmm, just by doing free platinum offers daily (the videos will get you free platinum), I was able to get to legendary and I'm halfway to mythic. It's entirely achievable if you do not want to spend money. That being said, I do plan to get arcane by purchasing platinum mainly because I earned most of the artifact without paying a dime.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    I see people with the arcane artidact so it's possible and obtainable somehow. I'm guessing people spent a lot of real money for it and sts can't make it easy now. I would be angry if I spent hundreds of dollars for something and then sts changes it right after so everyone can get the item. In my opinion sts will go the same route they did with jewels. Events and elixirs to boost drops so people can farm more. When jewels came out it was difficult to farm enough for high tier jewels now it's easier. I see them doing the same thing with runes somewhere down the line after they collect a significant amount of data on how the system is working as is
    imo sts should have released these artifacts differently. like i feel they should have added a proc to the current legendary and up artifacts.This way they could release different artifacts that do not have procs in locked or farming elites for essances to craft legendary/mythic,no arcane,artifacts.It would help the average players obtain an artifact that is good but ofc not better than the paid plat enterance ones.and i think it woulda helped not make the price of the arcane artifact so insane..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    it takes around 35,000 plat from start to finish.

Personally i think the ruins should stay exactly as it is ..... sts gotta make their real money from somewhere in order to pay their designers, developers, and all the team .... no real money to employ people = no employees = no game?!?!?!
    The stat boost from the arcane artifact are great, but it is expensive and time consuming to get to arcane level .... Theres a fair few that have achieved arcane artifact it different ways, if you change the ruin in any way, it kinda defeats its purpose, the arcane artifact is the ultimate goal in AL.
    Personally i like to spend money on the game as i know i am helping to pay for the games longevity ... to support the sts team in there exploration of their "labour of love" as they put it.
    In truth as a f2p gamer you dont need the stat boost of the arcane artifact to play any area of the game or achieve any aps .... anyone can run any map and get on the leaderboards by putting the time in .... current basic gear is good enough to run all maps without to much trouble, only time is the factor ... and good team work within the maps. Unless of course you are a pvp junkie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    it takes around 35,000 plat from start to finish.

Personally i think the ruins should stay exactly as it is ..... sts gotta make their real money from somewhere in order to pay their designers, developers, and all the team .... no real money to employ people = no employees = no game?!?!?!
    The stat boost from the arcane artifact are great, but it is expensive and time consuming to get to arcane level .... Theres a fair few that have achieved arcane artifact it different ways, if you change the ruin in any way, it kinda defeats its purpose, the arcane artifact is the ultimate goal in AL.
    Personally i like to spend money on the game as i know i am helping to pay for the games longevity ... to support the sts team in there exploration of their "labour of love" as they put it.
    In truth as a f2p gamer you dont need the stat boost of the arcane artifact to play any area of the game or achieve any aps .... anyone can run any map and get on the leaderboards by putting the time in .... current basic gear is good enough to run all maps without to much trouble, only time is the factor ... and good team work within the maps. Unless of course you are a pvp junkie.
    Also don't forget that a game where an item costs 35k plat about £1,647, for a mobile game XD. I agree that the developers need money to keep the game going however, that doesn't mean they should ruin the balance of the game with a powerful item that costs £1,647 XD and that is in the British currency I can't even imagine what that is in other currency's.
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

18. The Following User Says Thank You to marsu4u For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Even though I agree with Op's view on artifacts, about the ruins being a waste of time when it comes to farming it, I do nott think making Artifacts easily available is the right way to go.

For one it's going to be a spit in the face of anyone whose invested in these Artifacts, whether they bought it with gold or spend hours and thousands of plat getting it.

Secondly it's hardly a game changing item which generates STS much needed revenue, maybe it makes a difference at endgame but that is why endgame is known as endgame. The average player doesn't need artifacts as its apparent by the people chipping in with their thoughts on this thread.

I would go in to detail what the average or newb(new-comer, sorry Cinco IK u dont like that word) needs in the game but that's a story for another thread.
    Meeh, I'm running a common artifact and things seem OK! Wouldn't mind owning one one day, but Def not going to be farming for it myself in the current system. At least make the plat version free. We can all see how there's a gap between paid players and free to play just in the portal pay off itself. Plat should be used for gambling and premium items, not used to place limits on farmers.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    I'm rocking a common artifact too, I love the boost it gives to my twinks so I actually own a few common artifacts.

I whole-ly agree about there being a wide gap between f2p and p2p players, but the game isn't because of artifacts. It's because of what the f2p players are farming, gold in mausoleum, there's no commodity that is solely farmable and this creates the gap. Then there's all the things one can buy with plat, this causes plat prices to rise even further(it's just nott inflation due to gold being brought into economy from maus.).

The last few words of your post say "place limits on farmers" I don't think Artifact places any kind of limits on farmers. Limits on farmers are nott being able to buy the minimum gears required to farm end game maps, which is all those mythic and arcane weaponry. Sets have started rising way out of the budget of any beginner player.

tl;dr

Making artifacts easily viable hardly fixes the situation of disparity in the game, Arcane artifacts are only needed for timed runners and pvpers, neither of whom are farmers. What hardcore farmers really need is something besides mausoleum to farm.
    Broooo I need you in my english class. Your analytical skills are <3 <3

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Don't get me wrong: I'm not lazy and I always enjoy a challenge. However, the current artifact system goes beyond challenging and is border line impossible. Yes I understand people have spent good money on the arcane ones, but at some time they should be available to the rest of the players.

Usually, whenever new, op gear is released, it is the uber rich people that buy it first and use it. After a few weeks, prices start to go down and the rich are able to buy the new gear. After another few week(maybe a couple months depending on the rarity of the item) the price falls to a point where the middle class can afford it. This is usually caused by more and more of the items entering the market and eventually the prices begin to drop.

The way I view artifacts, however, will not follow this format. Unless something is changed, only the uber rich will be able to use arcane artifacts for a very long time. Since there are no new high tier artifacts entering the market (due to the flaws pointed out in the system), the prices will most likely never go down at a reasonable rate.

I dont think any of us want them to increase the drop rates drastically, resulting in the item to completely lose all value. I just think most people want to see a boost of some kind to make the map worth running, and the goal of someday getting an arcane artifact more realistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    Don't get me wrong: I'm not lazy and I always enjoy a challenge. However, the current artifact system goes beyond challenging and is border line impossible. Yes I understand people have spent good money on the arcane ones, but at some time they should be available to the rest of the players.

Usually, whenever new, op gear is released, it is the uber rich people that buy it first and use it. After a few weeks, prices start to go down and the rich are able to buy the new gear. After another few week(maybe a couple months depending on the rarity of the item) the price falls to a point where the middle class can afford it. This is usually caused by more and more of the items entering the market and eventually the prices begin to drop.

The way I view artifacts, however, will not follow this format. Unless something is changed, only the uber rich will be able to use arcane artifacts for a very long time. Since there are no new high tier artifacts entering the market (due to the flaws pointed out in the system), the prices will most likely never go down at a reasonable rate.

I dont think any of us want them to increase the drop rates drastically, resulting in the item to completely lose all value. I just think most people want to see a boost of some kind to make the map worth running, and the goal of someday getting an arcane artifact more realistic.
    You make a very valid point but I think we should let STS decide when it is time to make changes. When Heroic pet came out people spent 5m+ for banner and aps and the aura and rarely sts. heck some even offer 35m for one or two of the heroic pets. Now they can be available easy for 1.2m and even free during event though gold tier.

Just lay back, have faith in -G and when it is time, STS will make them available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Would just like to say it doesn't cost 35k plat to make. If you run for a rune, 25 plat = 1 rune. 610 x 25 = 15,250 platinum. Also, you can drop massive locks, green artifacts and sometimes extra runes. Not to mention if you do this many runs you'll get a lot of free runes with your fragments.if you sell your green artifacts and locks to buy more runes, that's even more runes you can buy with the gold you've made - decreasing the amount of plat you spend.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BloodxBite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

just if you are lazy and dont want to farm at all you can buy straight out for 35k plat
    Its a LOT cheaper to plat farm ....